Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2011, 06:04 AM   #151
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The challenges are fun but also difficult to keep up the daily production and also keep up with viewing and commenting. My shooting time is going to be limited as I have so much work around home that needs to be done. The bad weather and floods have taken away much of the spring season and I'm way behind. I think I'll be sitting June out. I'm not going to have much time to shoot at all much less participate in a daily challenge.

05-29-2011, 06:08 AM   #152
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I'm probably in, but haven't decided on a lens yet. I have bought a Samyang 100-500mm off a member here, but it will not be here by the first of June. Probably will go with either my 18-55 and some closeups or my 28-80mm M lens. I've not used the 28-80mm on either Digital camera.

How many of you are going into winter season now?

And Annemari, good to see you coming back with us.

Last edited by photolady95; 05-30-2011 at 04:44 AM.
05-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #153
Veteran Member

At the moment, I am undecided. Winter, colder days, dreary and dull, doesn't encourage a photographer much.
I am leaning to being there with my newly purchased Pentax DA 100mm macro. (lots of bugs and things if it were Spring)

I have been neglecting Weekly comps, Project 52 etc etc, and that is a bit of a shame. And my participation on another site as well.
Anyway I will see how I feel about it, in 24 hours.
05-30-2011, 12:19 AM   #154

Photos: Albums
Thanks to You all, my sweeties, who are happy that I'm in again I'll try to do my best to not let You down Hoping that I'll find new good things to shot and am doing my best to show You and tell You something about my country! And I'm happy that I can see different ways of Your homecountries... Hoping that maybe one day I could visit them all

With all my love,
Anne-Mari

05-30-2011, 03:39 AM   #155
Inactive Account

Don't know about June, been at it now for Jan, Mar, Apr & May this year, (and some last year), and feel in need of a rest to attempt chores at home...the challenge seems to take quite a lot of afterhours (afterwork) time for me! Still...you never know! Cheers all and good luck...1 day to go!

Cheers Paddy
05-30-2011, 06:33 AM   #156
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
I'm probably in, but haven't decided on a lens yet. I have bought a Samyang 100-500mm off a member here, but it will not be here by the first of June. Probably will go with either my 18-55 and some closeups or my 28-80mm M lens. I've not used the 28-80mm on either Digital camera.

How many of you are going into winter season now?

And Annemari, good to see you coming back with us.
I saw that you bought the Rocket Launcher! I have one too and am planning it for a future Single in XXX but not June.

I think I've decided on my June challenge lens. Several years ago I purchased a Tokina 28-70 f2.8-4.3 (Macro) lens. For some reason, I never found it of interest and have planned to sell it off. Sounds like a perfect choice for a challenge.
05-30-2011, 06:44 AM   #157
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
OK, I'm now in for June.
I might have to miss some time, due to other non-specified illness (not me), but I will try post something each day.

I've narrowed it down to 2 lenses:
Sigma 30mm 1.4 EX DC
Pentax FA28-70 F4

Here's a sample from the Sigma - Low light, ISO 800 F1.4 (wide open)

Welcome back Annemari, I missed your delightful shots and commentary.

@Paddy, you aren't going anywhere buddy!

Cheers from Jack.

Last edited by jackassp; 05-30-2011 at 06:50 AM.
05-30-2011, 06:58 AM   #158
Veteran Member

Welcome Back Annemarie.

I'm behind on this month, I have nothing for saturday (with the exception of one from late friday night with the DA14,not my 50 - I'll drop it in as a placeholder in any case)
I hurt my back so missed saturday and sunday i managed a couple of flowers from the yard

I'm still planning on June with the 24-70, but may opt for something lighter as it's a beast to lug every day but i will need to use it for the week of north by northeast so it was my first choice (I thought about my lentar 21 f3.5 but i'm trying to avoid m42 for this month as it's not really multi lens shoot friendly when I need the K mount for a week)
What I really need is an FA 31 anyone got a spare one lying about
05-30-2011, 01:37 PM   #159
Veteran Member

I have decided to give it a go.
As Photolady asks, all of us in the Southern Hemisphere are going into winter, and at times it becomes a bit of a grind to get our shots every day. Especially with the continuous rain we are having. Wettest May in 50 years. in excess of one inch overnight last night

I haven't had the DA100mm macro very long, so it will be an opportunity for me to get a bit of experience with it.

Signing up again ??? I think I am a glutton for punishment sometimes, or just a plain mug.
05-31-2011, 02:09 AM   #160
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well I've finished May.

I have enjoyed using my Vivitar lens, it really was an easy challenge for me this time.

I have enjoyed everyone's photos, and have tried to comment on as many as I could.

Congrats to everyone.

I hope to catch up with you all in June.

Cheers,
Jack.
05-31-2011, 03:01 AM   #161
Inactive Account

Yeah..May's done for me too and still trying to catchup on comments! Been a bonzer bewt month yet again, and having done this challenge thingy mostly nearly always since September last year, the bar seems to be getting higher! Well done all.

Still haven't cracked the PF exclusive gallery shot yet, but I'll keep tryin'! You all are REALLY an inspiration and have given me heeps of ideas and motivation!

To all SiM's:

"weeldone laddies! an' lassies ee corse! Lang mae ye rum leek, aye, bu' wee sumun elsees coal! Caeide mille failte"

Cheers Paddy
05-31-2011, 03:06 AM   #162
Veteran Member

And thanks to you as well Jack. A great month of shots from you and all participants. Well done all! (maybe just few more to come for May yet.)

I hope we can keep the number of participants up for June.
Good to see Anne Marie signing on again. Good to have you with us.
I was hoping that Karen might get back this month as well.

Anybody else out there who is interested?. We would love to have you aboard.
05-31-2011, 03:34 AM   #163
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Just posted the last one for this month. Again I have really enjoyed seeing everyone's pictures. I got a bit behind on my comments, I think. If I missed anyone, I'm sorry. I see there is a 55mm Vivitar macro on the Marketplace, the same one Jack used. I am hoping that someone will do me a favor and buy it.

I think I'm in for next month but haven't decided what lens to use DA 55-300 or a Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm. I am worried about the size and weight of those 2.

Patrick
05-31-2011, 04:09 AM   #164
Inactive Account

Must have bloody rocks in me head! I'm in again! With a recent Vivitar acquisition..thanks Jack!

Just modified it with a pair of tinsnips to fit the K-x...seems to work OK! Seriously!

So I guess I'm hangin round with some of you buggers for another month, and Annemari, please try to hang in, you're part of the world, and insight, is of interest to not just me, but everyone..good shot or bad! Lord knows I'm good at bad shots!

Sigh...why do I do this!

Paddy
05-31-2011, 04:57 AM   #165
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Paddy, you made my decision for me.

I have chosen the Tokina AT-X Pro 28-70mm 1:2.6-2.8

I will try to highlight some of the unique features of ths lens in June.

This lens weighs 760gms!!!