Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
John, that's a great choice!!!

04-29-2011, 03:22 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Crickey...I'm in again!

This LBA thing that Stills started way back in September last year has turned into a SLIAMCO "single lens in a month challenge obsession!".

So, grab the Super Tak 50mm F1.4 with adapter (don't think it goes to too far [infinity]), and will give it a go! Sheez a bit yellow in the elements, but Thorium coatings do that to glass!

Maybe Eddie and I could compare outputs!

Cheers Paddy
04-29-2011, 03:47 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by patolds Quote
Crickey...I'm in again!

This LBA thing that Stills started way back in September last year has turned into a SLIAMCO "single lens in a month challenge obsession!".

So, grab the Super Tak 50mm F1.4 with adapter (don't think it goes to too far [infinity]), and will give it a go! Sheez a bit yellow in the elements, but Thorium coatings do that to glass!

Maybe Eddie and I could compare outputs!

Cheers Paddy

I've got a spare M42 adapter that DOES allow infinity focus, I could express post it to you for the month if you like?

Cheers from Jack.
04-29-2011, 04:05 AM   #19
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
I've got a spare M42 adapter that DOES allow infinity focus, I could express post it to you for the month if you like?

Cheers from Jack.
Bewdy bottler Mate!

Do that!

Private thingy sending shortly following subsequent...arr shut up you drongo!

Cheers Paddy

04-29-2011, 06:20 AM   #20
Banned

After much consideration I've decided to do it again next month. Hard to resist with a new DA-15 waiting in the wings. If anything it's worth it just to read Paddy's wonderful wordsmithing!

Wide for May..
04-29-2011, 06:59 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Good to see that there are so many gluttons for punishment here. It is snowing again as I write this so I am desperately looking forward to a more springlike month... I am pretty sure I will go with my brand new Tamron 90/2.8 though I may have a bit of a learning curve I have been spoiled by the fact that most of the lenses I use regularly are small primes and this is more of a behemoth, size wise. I had debated my beloved 35 Macro Ltd which has been neglected of late but that may be better suited to June. I bought that lens and used it nonstop last June and I will be curious to see how much I have improved in that time (in large part due to the discipline of challenges like this).

Here's to a terrific May!
04-29-2011, 07:22 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jmschrei Quote
Good to see that there are so many gluttons for punishment here. It is snowing again as I write this so I am desperately looking forward to a more springlike month... I am pretty sure I will go with my brand new Tamron 90/2.8 though I may have a bit of a learning curve I have been spoiled by the fact that most of the lenses I use regularly are small primes and this is more of a behemoth, size wise. I had debated my beloved 35 Macro Ltd which has been neglected of late but that may be better suited to June. I bought that lens and used it nonstop last June and I will be curious to see how much I have improved in that time (in large part due to the discipline of challenges like this).

weather has been crazy here but thankfully the snow has stopped (now it's rain and wind), but my first tulip will likely have opened by the time i get home today
so it will be the 50 or 55 for may (no macro in my kit beyond macro on my sigma zoom)

04-29-2011, 07:25 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jmschrei Quote

Can't wait to see shots with this lens. I think that after tomorrow my lens will get some rest for awhile. Have fun with it.
04-29-2011, 07:58 AM   #24

Photos: Albums
Made decision that if I can get in 20 minutes 30 different themes to shoot then I'll participate. And what do You think? I managed to get 50 different themes... So count me in!
04-29-2011, 08:01 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by annemari Quote
Made decision that if I can get in 20 minutes 30 different themes to shoot then I'll participate. And what do You think? I managed to get 50 different themes... So count me in!
This is good news, I have enjoyed your shots.
I'm looking forward to seeing much more!
04-29-2011, 08:03 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VaughnA Quote
After much consideration I've decided to do it again next month. Hard to resist with a new DA-15 waiting in the wings. If anything it's worth it just to read Paddy's wonderful wordsmithing!

Wide for May..
Great stuff!
I'm looking forward to see your shots with the DA15.
After using my 17mm lens for the month I now realise it's not as hard as people think. (evil grin)
04-29-2011, 08:05 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

@Karen, won't you join us again please, it won't be the same without you.
Pleeeeaaaasssssse?
04-29-2011, 09:21 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
@Karen, won't you join us again please, it won't be the same without you.
Pleeeeaaaasssssse?
LOL Jack!
No, I won't fall for your charms this time. Want to play with the Vivitar 70-200 mm my husband bought a while ago and it hasn't been used a lot. But I don't want to do that for a whole month.
Maybe in June, I really really really need a break.
04-29-2011, 10:28 AM   #29
Veteran Member

I can understand that Karen. At some point i will likely move to another system for a month and shoot medium format or rangefinder for a month. I'll keep the principle of the game but not the brand. Still works within my 365 project just not all pentax (either that or I should start selling all that stuff off and invest it all in pentax gear but it does things my Pentax doesn't - too bad my medium format isnt a pentax, it almost was but the bronica kit was just too good to pass up)
04-29-2011, 12:57 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My basement renovation is calling me, and I really need to buckle down and get it done. So, I'm out for May. I'll certainly miss the extra motivation to shoot, but that motivation is keeping me from more important projects.