Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-29-2011, 01:55 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm considering this but I can't decide which lens. I could go with the Helios 44-2 58mm or Jupiter-37A 135mm. I just got both lenses, my first m42, and haven't used them much yet. Then I think the Sigma 10-20mm, which I haven't used much and plan on using on vacation in June or July. The M-28mm would be another good choice to learn more of a normal type range. My Chinar MC 35mm has the worst IQ of any lens I have and I've hardly used it, which would be challenging. The Tamron 28-75mm would be a flexible one to use, and I've only had it a couple weeks. I'm suck..... Help! I've never done one of these challenges and I'm a pretty new shooter, since last November/December.

04-29-2011, 01:55 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jheu02 Quote
My basement renovation is calling me, and I really need to buckle down and get it done. So, I'm out for May. I'll certainly miss the extra motivation to shoot, but that motivation is keeping me from more important projects.
You will be missed too John. If you have second thoughts, you know where to find us!
04-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #33

Photos: Albums
Hi everyone,
I will be back in May with my M35/2.0. It as been a long time since I used a normal lens for APS-C. I wanted to use an S-M-C Takumar 28/3.5 but it is not home yet will be here any day now.

Hope to make wonderful photos even if we still have some remnants of snowbanks. Here May is the awakening of nature if it does not rain too much in which case it is in June.

For those who hesitate please do, it is at least fun and you don't have to post amazing pictures every day but only good ones. And if you post a bad one once in a while you are excused.

So, good luck to all for the next SINGLE.
04-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #34
Inactive Account

I'm in. Haven't decided which one yet but I'm definitely going limited prime. It just bugs me to see those (expensive) lenses just sit in the bag.... Hopefully I'll get to some of the images I wanted to do in April but couldn't get to for one reason or another.

04-29-2011, 07:41 PM   #35
Pentaxian

I have a brand spanking new DA 15 Limited. I'll be joining in.
04-29-2011, 08:38 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
I have a brand spanking new DA 15 Limited. I'll be joining in.
Oh excellent, so now we have at least two DA 15. I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with. It's such a fun lens I almost always carry it with me no matter what lens I am using for the month.
04-29-2011, 09:32 PM   #37
Veteran Member

I am have been thinking long and hard if I will be a starter or not, in May.
Had a few health prob's of late, but maybe the exercise could be good therapy, and I have so much on my schedule at the moment, busy,busy,busy.

I am waiting on a Pentax 100mm WR macro lens arriving in the next few days and I would love to use that, but it may be too late.

I will put myself down as a yes, and going to say I will use my Super Tak 28mm 3.5.
It is a bit slow but, more's the challenge.

Must say, we will miss Karen for the Month of May.
Hope we see her back in June.

Hope I can make a good go of the Single in May.

Last edited by Bramela; 04-29-2011 at 09:37 PM.
04-29-2011, 10:35 PM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
For those who are joining us for the first time or who are back after taking a break for April, I wanted to make sure everyone knows that we have developed a cunning way of keeping track of everyone's daily output. Each day a thread is created in the monthly challenge group section here and members link their photo from their album (or flickr if you prefer) to that thread. In the Single in April thread you will find agonizing discussion with illustrations describing the way to hyperlink your image so that viewers can simply click to be taken to the shot to place a comment if desired. Works like a charm once you get the hang of it. If you are confused, just ask for clarification.
04-30-2011, 04:33 AM   #39
Pentaxian

I'll probably be asking a lot because I have always had difficulty linking photos for whatever reason. I've never been able to link any of my shots in Picasa. I'm link challenged.
04-30-2011, 08:05 AM   #40

I'll be joining in as well. This is my first monthly challenge and my lens of choice will be the DA*200; I'll hopefully be able to learn about this lens a bit more and put it to good use. I'm looking forward to this!
05-01-2011, 05:21 AM   #41
Forum Member

Will be joining the Single in May challenge. I was thinking of using the Helios 44M6, but it's still with camera shop (asked to loosen up the focus ring a little bit, since I'm quite bad with tools)
Thus, will be using the DA 35mm f2.4.

Seems like a number of changes in the rules during April (which I sat out).
05-01-2011, 06:01 AM   #42
Inactive Account

There were a couple stumbles in getting it going but it worked out quite well to have a daily thread for each photo. No discussions within the thread, just a link back to the album photo.

LOTM (Lens Of The Month) will be the FA43mm f1.9.

Good luck everybody.

05-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #43
Veteran Member

nice lens choice Jeff, If I was spending more than a few bucks on a lens it would be first or second on my list (the 3 FA limiteds are the top 3 anyway)
05-01-2011, 08:16 AM   #44
Pentaxian

Great to see so many getting in for this Single in May, I'll be joining too with my A 35-105/3.5 Have to learn how to use this baby too...

@jurysi, this is a great way to learn new things from your tools, and letting us see it too

Great, lets rumble.
05-01-2011, 10:38 AM   #45
Pentaxian

Well, as usual, my shot didn't show up in the thread. It's in the Forum albums. I