Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-10-2011, 11:46 PM   #106
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by patjp Quote
Is it just me or is anyone else finding the time differences wider this month? Many of the European members are not taking part this month and sometimes I feel that I am a bit slow to comment on North American pictures.
Yes, the time difference is a real pain in the a@#$!

05-11-2011, 12:12 AM   #107
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Time difference...
It is all the same.
05-11-2011, 02:50 AM   #108
Inactive Account

Well, I don't know...the daylight hours are shorter, so the get home from work things seem to be more frenzied..get the firewood in, where's the bloody sheep..etc! the it's dark and cold all of a sudden. Sit down and have eats, or maybe later, check out PF, download, comment..so on and so forth!

Which reminds me...

"Ti-i-i-ime, is on my side, ... yes it is!"

Which was fine 30 years ago, but now...

"time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin',
into the future....!"

Cheers Paddy
05-11-2011, 06:22 AM   #109
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by patjp Quote
Is it just me or is anyone else finding the time differences wider this month? Many of the European members are not taking part this month and sometimes I feel that I am a bit slow to comment on North American pictures.
For me this month it has been a struggle to comment consistently on all pictures. Although I am getting accustomed to my lens of choice it is SO heavy compared to the little limiteds I normally use that I am carrying it around less and therefore having to hunt for a shot in the evening. On top of that some family issues including the stunning and sudden death of my ex-sister-in-law last week have added pressure to the usual routine.

05-11-2011, 06:46 AM   #110
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jmschrei Quote
For me this month it has been a struggle to comment consistently on all pictures. Although I am getting accustomed to my lens of choice it is SO heavy compared to the little limiteds I normally use that I am carrying it around less and therefore having to hunt for a shot in the evening. On top of that some family issues including the stunning and sudden death of my ex-sister-in-law last week have added pressure to the usual routine.
Sorry to hear of your loss. I'm behind on commenting too. It's as though everyday is getting shorter. I have a lot of spring cleanup to do along with some remodeling going on inside. I didn't get much for shots yesterday. My wife has been taking some classes at the community college and I had to help her with a project with some photographs. She's a nurse and the class is Forensics. She has had some slabs of liver and dead fish sitting in the yard for weeks and the assignment was to document the decay process. The weather was so bad for a while nothing happened but it finally got warm. She had to finish yesterday and I helped her with the photos and her Powerpoint presentation. It was too late and I had to go to work so my shots are closeups of rotting meat. I haven't posted yet.
05-11-2011, 07:05 AM   #111
Banned

I'm really impressed with what happens every time anyone does these challenges. There is no way that you can't improve. I've even started a small facebook group with my friends who are not pentaxians but want to try the challenge. They are having a ball and getting some great shots but it adds to the effort by having to upload to yet another place and comment on more great shots.

It seems to be getting tougher for me to find something to shoot. Especially during the week. Classes are over but now I'm training for an upcoming bike ride so I get home from work, get on the bike and take off. By the time I'm home & showered it's getting dark and I haven't eaten or got my shot. I thought my wife was going to kill me last night with good reason. I got back from a long tough ride and was tired, dehydrated and GRUMPY because when I don't eat I can become a bit of an ass. I'm rushing around the house bitching about not having a shot for the day. I finally realized I was getting stressed out over Single In May. I was a complete arse! Today is a rest day from the bike, time to relax after work and get a nice leasurely shot.

It's getting tougher because there are only so many flower, dog or garden shots I want to post. I'd like to get out and shoot something that shows what the lens can really do but it's just too busy right now. I am trying to at least get close to keeping up on commenting but even that is a failure at times..
05-11-2011, 07:10 AM   #112
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VaughnA Quote
I'm really impressed with what happens every time anyone does these challenges. There is no way that you can't improve. I've even started a small facebook group with my friends who are not pentaxians but want to try the challenge. They are having a ball and getting some great shots but it adds to the effort by having to upload to yet another place and comment on more great shots.

It seems to be getting tougher for me to find something to shoot. Especially during the week. Classes are over but now I'm training for an upcoming bike ride so I get home from work, get on the bike and take off. By the time I'm home & showered it's getting dark and I haven't eaten or got my shot. I thought my wife was going to kill me last night with good reason. I got back from a long tough ride and was tired, dehydrated and GRUMPY because when I don't eat I can become a bit of an ass. I'm rushing around the house bitching about not having a shot for the day. I finally realized I was getting stressed out over Single In May. I was a complete arse! Today is a rest day from the bike, time to relax after work and get a nice leasurely shot.

It's getting tougher because there are only so many flower, dog or garden shots I want to post. I'd like to get out and shoot something that shows what the lens can really do but it's just too busy right now. I am trying to at least get close to keeping up on commenting but even that is a failure at times..
The problem is the more of these you do the harder it is to find low hanging fruit so to speak that you haven't shot (multiple times) before
The changing seasons at least bring some fresh perspectives though. I need to get out of the routine and take a road trip soon to change things up myself

05-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #113
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Agreed, some really great work offered up so far!

This is a far greater challenge than I expected. With a 3yo, a semi-nocturnal 10mo old and a job that needs 60+ hrs a week just finding the time during the week to think about getting a good photo is tough. 9pm and I'm still trying to pull together today's great idea. Speaking of which, I better get on that...
05-13-2011, 11:58 AM   #114

Photos: Albums
Gosh, so sad to say but really, this month aint for me.... I'm really behind with everything and I'm having really busy times... I now work in two companies in the same time ( so it means pretty much no spare time) I'm really tired and one time I even forgot my memory-card home! I need some rest.. And I guess that the only place from where I can get this is to stop doing single-in at least for this month... I will still update my flickr, but not often...
Just hoping that someone will give me lots of energy and that some good apartment with good price comes for rental in the city center of Tallinn...

Still trying to keep my eye on your works. Good luck and lots of things to picture.

With love,
Your Anne-Mari

NB! I guess I'll gonna miss it like hell..
05-13-2011, 02:15 PM   #115
Inactive Account

You're always welcome back Anne-Mari. Can't help you with the apartment though

Perhaps things will be more calm for you in June?

05-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #116
Veteran Member

Yeah, there is always June or July.
Keep the eye always open, say I.
Good luck.
05-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #117

The images displayed on May 15 are my favourite yet. The color and composition of everyone's images, are really top-notch, and of great and interesting variety. Looking forward to a second half of great May images. Great work everyone!
05-16-2011, 06:08 AM   #118
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jurysi Quote
The images displayed on May 15 are my favourite yet. The color and composition of everyone's images, are really top-notch, and of great and interesting variety. Looking forward to a second half of great May images. Great work everyone!
May 15th i'm mia, not a single shot yesterday for one reason or another (I did grab the camera on the way out once, when i go there i realized the card was still in the computer at home , i'll drop in a spare tonight. I'm finding this month very tough, I keep going hoping i'll get inspired and because I want to do the whole year. 5 more days of rain ahead, though it looks like some sun may show next weekend (it's a long weekend here so I hope so)

I have to agree on the 15th though some nice shots there indeed
05-16-2011, 06:26 AM   #119

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
(I did grab the camera on the way out once, when i go there i realized the card was still in the computer at home ,
That is the one issue I have with the K-7 in terms of usability. Obviously I should be able to remember when I have put my card into my computer, but I feel like the camera should tell me before I press the shutter to take a shot that I don't have the card. That's happened to me about 5 times
05-16-2011, 06:33 AM   #120
Veteran Member

it told me after, wouldn't have mattered i had the camera but not my camera bag with me so a card was out of the question. I've done it with film cameras once or twice and usually realise as soon as i try and wind