Veteran Member

I posted this in another thread. She's called Ronja:

07-04-2010, 04:24 PM   #1772
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
big dog, little dog

(Shot with the DA 35mm.)

Taken from my Lost Gems thread -- shots from 2008 I am only just processing now.
07-04-2010, 04:54 PM   #1773
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My cat Odin wearing my pajamas.
Attached Images

07-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #1774
Veteran Member

My wife and I adopted 2 kittens (sisters) a few weeks ago. Expect to see some shots of Belle and Ivy sometime soon!

There are so many great and entertaining shots in this thread, hopefully I can contribute as well.

07-05-2010, 06:18 AM   #1775
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by chinotenshi Quote
My cat Odin wearing my pajamas.
A cat disguised as a giant mouse? Now that is just wrong.
07-05-2010, 07:54 AM   #1776
Veteran Member

Ok, as promised, some shots of Belle and Ivy!

They are bigger now, but I'll post shot in chronological order until caught up with now...

Belle is the larger one, Ivy the smaller one. This was the first day that they came home with us, at about 8 or 9 weeks old.

07-05-2010, 08:28 AM   #1777
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
A cat disguised as a giant mouse? Now that is just wrong.
Or just so right ...
QuoteOriginally posted by arpaagent Quote
...They are bigger now, but I'll post shot in chronological order until caught up with now...
Great capture. Really really looking forward to this!

07-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #1778
Veteran Member

More from Ivy and Belle during their first few days at home, both being lazy and looking at the camera upside down.

Ivy:

Belle:
07-06-2010, 01:55 PM   #1779
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ivy and Belle -- I love them!

Here's one reposted from my Lost Gems thread.

I spotted this darned cute kitten at the local animal sanctuary. A month later we adopted two animals. Only yesterday did I discover that I had this photo hidden away on my hard drive... a shot of one of the two we ended up getting! And it was not me but my wife and daughter who picked them out. What a coincidence!

Not only that but the black cat behind her looks a lot like our other cat, Juno (but would not have been, since she was unrelated to Schweppes).

Schweppes as a kitten

(Shot with the FA 77mm Limited.)
07-07-2010, 06:39 AM   #1780
Veteran Member

Ivy & Belle

Schweppes is a cutie too! That's fun how you found that old picture of the cat you ended up with.

Ivy and Belle, loving sisters, really enjoy playing with each other. Helps keep them (and us!) entertained.

Ivy's Paws under a door

Belle preparing to attack Ivy's Paws

These were shot w/ FA50 Macro.
07-07-2010, 07:35 AM   #1781
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Belle and Ivy are adorable! I'll be getting a kitten in the next few months. My 10-yr-old Ben is needing a playmate now that Boris is gone.

Rparmar, how cool to find a photo of Schweppes before you adopted her. She's adorable too, especially with her spiky hairdo!

07-07-2010, 08:12 AM   #1782
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by twokatmew Quote
Rparmar, how cool to find a photo of Schweppes before you adopted her. She's adorable too, especially with her spiky hairdo!
Yeah, she was experimenting with a punk look in her youth.

I encourage everyone to check out their local animal sanctuary for pets, and to avoid pet stores. Ours is a two-hour round trip from the city, but worth it. They require a donation for each animal to take care of the shots etc. But well worth it!
07-07-2010, 08:37 AM   #1783
Veteran Member

I encourage everyone to check out their local animal sanctuary for pets, and to avoid pet stores. Ours is a two-hour round trip from the city, but worth it. They require a donation for each animal to take care of the shots etc. But well worth it!
Yes, I normally adopt my cats from the local humane society. They charge $125 per kitten, and the adoptee comes neutered with shots, worming, FIV neg, etc. In the warmer months when kittens are overly plentiful, they are 2 for 1.

My current cat, Ben, was a stray, as was Boris (passed a few months ago), but all the others either came from the humane society or my vet, who sometimes takes in tiny homeless kittens that need TLC before being adoptable.

There are so many unwanted animals, I like being able to rescue a few here and there.
07-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #1784
Veteran Member

Agreed! There are so many needy pets out there on the streets or in adoption centers that need love. Belle and Ivy were rescued by some neighbors of my parent-in-laws. They were born in a barn to a feral mother and lived there the first few weeks of their life along with their two brothers. The two brothers disappeared one day (probably snatched by a predator), so the family decided to take in the remaining two kittens so that they wouldn't be eaten as well. We got hooked up with the family and took them home with us. That's the story of how we got Belle and Ivy.
07-07-2010, 12:00 PM   #1785
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by arpaagent Quote
Agreed! There are so many needy pets out there on the streets or in adoption centers that need love. Belle and Ivy were rescued by some neighbors of my parent-in-laws. They were born in a barn to a feral mother and lived there the first few weeks of their life along with their two brothers. The two brothers disappeared one day (probably snatched by a predator), so the family decided to take in the remaining two kittens so that they wouldn't be eaten as well. We got hooked up with the family and took them home with us. That's the story of how we got Belle and Ivy.
I'm glad you were able to rescue Belle and Ivy! I'm sure you will bring each other many years of love and happiness.