Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18357 Likes Search this Thread
12-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #3256

Photos: Albums
Here's a couple of photos with my Sigma 50mm DG Macro lens. I must say, I think I am going to have a lot of fun with the K5. I managed to intrigue Nuala and got the below shot as one of the first with the Sigma, I really like it. Just need to not overexpose the white fur so much. The pictures of Socks and her were taken either during a rainstorm or with overcast weather. His was inside, next to a window, hers was outside on a porch.

Pensive, staring at the raindrops. Mmm, for some reason Picasa shows pinkish borders.

Last edited by passif; 12-27-2011 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Spelling
12-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #3257
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by passif Quote
Wolfiegirl, I love the shots of your two, the roadkill impression is absolutely gorgeous! And the previous pet shots, I know I've been quiet over the Holiday period, but they are awesome shots to see the different pets.
thanks passif

at home because of her fur she blends into the grass and you always get worried she's just been bit or whatever. you have to stare intently at her tummy for at least a min or two to make sure she's breathing. LOL.

awesome shots of socks and nuala.

congrats on your k5 purchase!!! my k100d is also my backup, but i have a kx, not a k5. to be honest, i don't have a preference over either. i use them both - it just depends on what lens i've attached to it. there's thing i like about both of them but i'm happy to have two. i think when i go travelling it'll make a huge difference (stop wolfie boy nagging me for the camera *snarf* - "but you've already got that p&s i got you hon" "yeah but it's not as good as yours")
12-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #3258

Shot with my K5, DA* 16-50mm

Daisy @ Jacobs Well
12-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #3259
Veteran Member

dawww... cutey!

12-28-2011, 05:48 PM - 1 Like   #3260
Veteran Member

Here is Elsie showing her greyhound roots. Although this picture reminds me more of the wile e coyote than any greyhound I've seen. I love how her teeth are showing because she's running so fast. and despite that her ears are still straight up i can just hear her now going, snaaaarl.... *snickers*

Here she is, turning the corner.

In comparison, a much more sedate Fred later in the afternoon

And a practically comatose Harry

all on the kx, tamron 60-300 23a. click on images for exif data
12-28-2011, 10:11 PM   #3261
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
WG - great capture on that first shot - also, beautiful shot of Harry - nicely done!
12-28-2011, 11:13 PM   #3262
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Here is Elsie showing her greyhound roots. ...

Here she is, turning the corner.
all on the kx, tamron 60-300 23a ...
Elsie, the surreal canine? (the 'roadkill' pose and now this ). Catching her like that with the Tamron (@300 mm, *MF* ?!) would seem like a feat in itself?

Last edited by jolepp; 12-28-2011 at 11:20 PM.
12-29-2011, 12:11 AM   #3263
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
WG - great capture on that first shot - also, beautiful shot of Harry - nicely done!
Thanks Paul

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
Elsie, the surreal canine? (the 'roadkill' pose and now this ). Catching her like that with the Tamron (@300 mm, *MF* ?!) would seem like a feat in itself?
Yes the Tamron is a MF. I got lucky but I also saw the shots coming, so I was kind've prepared - i.e. had the lens all set up and I was tracking her as well. Lucky for me she was running quite a lot, so I got to make sure my settings were right (sped up the shutter speed something fierce etc) I did get a number of duds, including one where I managed to get her jumping (all four feet off the ground!!!!) but unfortunately she was just a motion blur - that was when I made a point of moving the shutter speed faster.

As to Elsie the surreal canine - she's a great subject for funny poses and faces. Fred just plods around doing his own thing. Elsie's a bit more of a character. I've got some calmer shots of her that I'll show tomorrow - more of the usual Elsie you know, all contemplation and showdown stares, and less of the quirky
12-29-2011, 08:13 AM - 1 Like   #3264
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's another shot of my sidekick:

12-29-2011, 01:15 PM   #3265
Veteran Member

12-29-2011, 03:11 PM   #3266
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
Here's another shot of my sidekick:
*giggles*

do you guys put his/her hair in a top knot to keep the hair out of their eyes? it's very cute.
12-29-2011, 03:45 PM   #3267
Veteran Member

Still at the beach

And here's the girl that showed the camera's automatically detected shutter speed (i.e. pressing the green button in M mode) wasn't enough. *sigh* would've been sooo great if she'd been in proper focus

kx, tamron 60-300, click on images for exif data
12-29-2011, 04:53 PM   #3268
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wolfiegirl - OOF, but still a fun shot. Would've been tricky to catch her in focus while panning AND focusing, I think. Here's a couple of my wife's 'dogs in the water' shots, using her Sony & kit lens:

12-29-2011, 04:58 PM   #3269
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Wolfiegirl - OOF, but still a fun shot. Would've been tricky to catch her in focus while panning AND focusing, I think. Here's a couple of my wife's 'dogs in the water' shots, using her Sony & kit lens:
Yeah, I agree, but how much more fun would it be, if it WAS in focus? LOL. It's moments like these where I think to myself, gee, AF would be so great! The lens could do the focusing for me! But who knows, it may well have focused on the background instead, or simply not taken at all. That's happened a few times with my DA 50-200mm

I took another manual 300mm out for a spin this morning and am suprised at the difference between the two lens (different distances required before I can get an image in focus).

It took me a moment to realise the bottom shot of your puppy was its tail. For a moment I thought it was a seagull attached to the rump. Obviously I'm still not awake yet...
12-29-2011, 06:37 PM - 1 Like   #3270
Veteran Member

Our cat, Zilla under our kotatsu (Japanese table with a heater on the underside of it. Normally there's a blanket to keep the heat in as well.