Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18357 Likes Search this Thread
05-18-2019, 06:48 AM   #9796
Unregistered User

Peaches is feeling much better, now, thanks for "get well" wishes. She had surgery on both back legs for torn anterior cruciate ligaments (football injury, right?). Another month and she should be fully recovered. She's only four, and practically perfect in every way, so we figured it was worth it to have the surgery; but it reminds me of "The Six Million Dollar Man" - this is the seven thousand dollar dog. And a rescue at that. If she were like, twelve or older (or less than perfect), I reckon the decision might well have gone the other way. I keep telling her that we'd dam'well better get our money's worth out of her. Good thing she already knows how to be a "trained service dog", in case my own legs don't hold up.

05-20-2019, 02:53 AM - 3 Likes   #9797
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Remy

Stormy

Laney

typical melee

05-21-2019, 10:41 AM - 2 Likes   #9798
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote

typical melee

I really like the last one.

The look in the eyes of the one pup is perfect.
05-21-2019, 10:47 AM - 2 Likes   #9799
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
She's only four, and practically perfect in every way, so we figured it was worth it to have the surgery; but it reminds me of "The Six Million Dollar Man" - this is the seven thousand dollar dog.
I spent nearly double that trying to figure out what was wrong with Miss Zoe before she died.

She was a couple weeks short of her 15th birthday.

05-21-2019, 01:06 PM   #9800
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I spent nearly double that trying to figure out what was wrong with Miss Zoe before she died.
She was a couple weeks short of her 15th birthday.
And that after having named her, "Life". Sorry you lost your dog, she looks like a real sweetie.
05-21-2019, 01:27 PM   #9801
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry you lost your dog, she looks like a real sweetie.
Thanks.

She was nearly 15 when she went.

That's like 105 in dog years.
05-21-2019, 03:51 PM - 2 Likes   #9802
Pentaxian

Peaches is feeling much better, now, thanks for "get well" wishes. She had surgery on both back legs for torn anterior cruciate ligaments (football injury, right?). Another month and she should be fully recovered. She's only four, and practically perfect in every way, so we figured it was worth it to have the surgery; but it reminds me of "The Six Million Dollar Man" - this is the seven thousand dollar dog. And a rescue at that. If she were like, twelve or older (or less than perfect), I reckon the decision might well have gone the other way. I keep telling her that we'd dam'well better get our money's worth out of her. Good thing she already knows how to be a "trained service dog", in case my own legs don't hold up.
A major part of the cost of that procedure is the hardware, believe it or not. Good news is that, barring complications (such as incidental infection), success rate and longevity is high.

---------- Post added 21st May 2019 at 05:54 PM ----------

What was going on?
Sorry she passed, but 15 years of happiness and love is above average for her breed.

05-21-2019, 06:56 PM - 2 Likes   #9803
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
What was going on?
They never did figure it out. All they could say was she was dying, but they couldn't work out why.

Sorry she passed, but 15 years of happiness and love is above average for her breed.
Well, she may have looked like a blond lab, but her mother was a blue heeler, and a slut. Zoe had many fathers of dubious distinction. She was the only female in her litter (11 pups), the runt (although she proved to be the dominant pup), and the only white one. Her full grown size was about 40 to 45 lbs. And her tail curled up, not like the drooping tail of a lab.

She had a littermate that was mostly black, looked like a mix between a lab and a newfoundland, and topped out at about 120 lbs.

Some of the others ranged from nearly blue heeler looking to Australian shepherd like, every one different.

One even had more the build and appearance of a pit bull.

But yes, Zoe had a long and relatively healthy life. And she was my constant and loyal companion for the entire 15 years.
05-22-2019, 04:13 AM - 10 Likes   #9804
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Put the Helios 44m on the K-1

05-22-2019, 08:43 AM - 2 Likes   #9805
Pentaxian

Well, she may have looked like a blond lab, but her mother was a blue heeler, and a slut. Zoe had many fathers of dubious distinction....
Well... never heard anyone call their dog a slut before! Hahaha!!

Here's mine... He's a busybody, and that's about it.

05-22-2019, 10:02 AM - 4 Likes   #9806
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Well... never heard anyone call their dog a slut before! Hahaha!!

Well Zoe wasn't a slut, but her mother was.

My first wife's father will get a dog, but he won't keep it fenced or leashed. They live on a busy county road. His position is, "If the dog is too stupid to stay out of the road, it deserves to get run over."

Of course he is an idiot.

And he goes through lots of dogs, as they are all too stupid to stay out of the road.

He was between dogs when someone offered him a female blue heeler. He said he wouldn't take her unless she had been fixed. They lied and said she had, and Joe is too stupid to roll her over and look for the scar. He had her a few weeks, and she went into heat. Every dog in the neighborhood was coming around and servicing her. Joe's father in law lived next door, and he told him, "Joe, you need to put the bitch in the barn to keep the other dogs away from her.

To which Joe replied, "She can't be in heat, she's been fixed!"

Joe doesn't get that dogs don't do it for fun like we do.

So the slut of a blue heeler gave birth to 11 pups, and before they were two weeks old she ran into the road and was killed.

And Joe was just going to put the puppies in a burlap sack with some rocks and toss them in the pond in his pasture. His daughter (Mrs. Racer 1.0) intervened and brought them to our house, where we nursed them with goat's milk.

I was nursing Zoe when her eyes opened, so she imprinted on me as her mother.
05-22-2019, 11:12 AM - 3 Likes   #9807
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A soggy dogwalk from last September:
05-23-2019, 06:04 AM - 2 Likes   #9808
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Good Morning Forum Members!!!!
Nana & Howard
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
LEICA CL  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
LEICA TL  Photo 
05-24-2019, 08:42 AM - 4 Likes   #9809
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A walk by the (very full and fast) river last night.
05-24-2019, 03:38 PM - 3 Likes   #9810
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Annabelle all wound up with herself
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSC-RX100M6  Photo