Ellie looking cute....

Canon ivsb, 50mm f1.8 on fuji 200

02-02-2020, 08:39 PM - 6 Likes   #10667
Veteran Member

Kitty being distracted from his bath.

Canon IVsb 50mm f1.8 on Ultrafine Xtreme 400
02-03-2020, 06:33 AM - 8 Likes   #10668
Pentaxian

Dreamy, dreaming Mabel. Shot wide-open on a SMC-M 50mm f/1.7 affixed to a K-1.

02-03-2020, 03:01 PM - 6 Likes   #10669
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
An old p&s snap of our yorkie-poo Tino making new friends at the park.

Last edited by paulh; 02-03-2020 at 03:06 PM.
02-03-2020, 05:55 PM - 5 Likes   #10670
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Loki & Vili supervising construction.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
02-04-2020, 05:37 PM - 1 Like   #10671
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Dahlia and friend being peaceful but alert. Annabelle mesmerized by the morning sun.
Lovely to see there's a new dog in your life Walt.She's beautiful and lucky to have joined your family.
02-05-2020, 04:09 AM - 6 Likes   #10672
Pentaxian

Daisy being, as we describe her, a 'hot mess'.

02-05-2020, 05:07 AM - 2 Likes   #10673
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Lovely to see there's a new dog in your life Walt.She's beautiful and lucky to have joined your family.
Dahlia has very big paws to fill, as Tralee was inexplicably special to us. M and I both think and comment: "Tralee would have handled that" or "She doesn't have (this or that) good trait that Tralee had." For example, she's had trouble learning the doggie door, as she is more timid than T and gets spooked if the door sticks the tiniest bit, but she is progressing. T had years of training behind her when she passed, so when commanded to "down" she'd literally throw herself to the ground. Dahlia is just starting to understand that command. Dahlia is her own dog with her own lovable traits. She's very laid back and undemanding, happy to sleep peacefully on the floor at any time and incredibly trusting as she has no problem with being whisked off the floor and dumped tummy up on my lap, and in fact wants to get onto my lap more than T did. Dahlia has already endeared herself to us, but Tralee will always be sainted because of the time in our lives that she shared and the way that she did.
02-05-2020, 08:08 AM   #10674
Pentaxian

Dahlia has very big paws to fill, as Tralee was inexplicably special to us. M and I both think and comment: "Tralee would have handled that" or "She doesn't have (this or that) good trait that Tralee had." For example, she's had trouble learning the doggie door, as she is more timid than T and gets spooked if the door sticks the tiniest bit, but she is progressing. T had years of training behind her when she passed, so when commanded to "down" she'd literally throw herself to the ground. Dahlia is just starting to understand that command. Dahlia is her own dog with her own lovable traits. She's very laid back and undemanding, happy to sleep peacefully on the floor at any time and incredibly trusting as she has no problem with being whisked off the floor and dumped tummy up on my lap, and in fact wants to get onto my lap more than T did. Dahlia has already endeared herself to us, but Tralee will always be sainted because of the time in our lives that she shared and the way that she did.
It is difficult to not compare pets, especially if one is 'filling the shoes' of another. We were spoiled with Daisy, despite her being a rescue, she's got a good manner (though a little noisy at times and with an insatiable prey-drive), is fantastic with kids, other dogs, happy to run up and say hi to anyone/anything etc. When we got Mabel, we noticed immediately how much more tentative she is, easily spooked as you describe Dahlia to be. Similarly, she's happy to lie down anywhere, loves attention and fuss whereas Daisy is more independent. Fortunately, they're both supremely soft natured and fantastic with children despite having very little interaction with them.

Same happened with my parents after the loss of their Toy Poodle. Charlie (previous) was very mum my Mam's dog, acted as her shadow, always with her regardless of setting or situation. Their new dog, Henry, is far happier to spread the love and always has a waggy tail for people coming through the door and that suits my parents more than having a dog solely attached to one person above all others.

I'm glad Dahlia is settling in nicely and bonding with you well.
02-05-2020, 10:04 AM   #10675
Pentaxian

I can fully empathise with these sentiments Walt. Wilf is our first dog and I dread the thought of losing him.If/when we have to find a puppy to take his place they will have a lot to live up to.
02-05-2020, 06:19 PM - 5 Likes   #10676
Pentaxian

Barney

Prissy on the prowl

02-05-2020, 11:05 PM - 2 Likes   #10677
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another oldie from 2015 - Tino & Jeannie on the trails again...
02-07-2020, 06:10 PM - 7 Likes   #10678
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fest lit up nicely by the reflection of snow outside
02-07-2020, 06:16 PM - 2 Likes   #10679
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd always been in a hate-love relationship with flash photos... this one, no bad for a manual focused on the fly picture
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DS2  Photo 
02-08-2020, 09:11 AM - 2 Likes   #10680
Pentaxian

the mighty lil king....

robbed of his scepter