Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2021, 01:04 PM   #12091
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
Saxon
Oh. This is definitely not a dog I want to mess with.

Last edited by dadipentak; 04-26-2021 at 04:11 PM.
04-26-2021, 03:36 PM - 2 Likes   #12092
Pentaxian

expired kodak X i guess it's 100iso b&w film.....vivitar series1 28-90/2.8......sears KSX with its fancy winder

04-26-2021, 08:13 PM - 6 Likes   #12093
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mbaez Quote
Your dog pictures are always excellent and colorful, love them.
Thank you so much! I feel spoiled with all these colorful dogs to take pictures of. I also met this one yesterday, named Finnley.

She's a little ball of energy. Puppies are a handful, herding dogs are a handful, and both at once...

04-26-2021, 09:39 PM   #12094
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
Thank you so much! I feel spoiled with all these colorful dogs to take pictures of. I also met this one yesterday, named Finnley.

She's a little ball of energy. Puppies are a handful, herding dogs are a handful, and both at once...

Nice set there Scratchy

04-26-2021, 10:12 PM   #12095
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
and not necessarily in that order! she is a quintessential cat, Walt! I think ours would rate "comfort" and "sleep" ahead of food, although their very well-calibrated kitty-clocks do mark breakfast and dinner hours reliably.
Our cat's clock seems to run fast... 🤔
04-27-2021, 03:55 AM - 3 Likes   #12096
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
04-27-2021, 05:23 AM   #12097
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Our cat's clock seems to run fast... 🤔
That's in their contract, too. Most cats -- my opinion -- spend much of the day trying to convince you that they haven't been fed in a week, even though they definitely have been fed that very morning, and have a dish of crunchies available 24/7.

04-27-2021, 07:08 AM   #12098
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's in their contract, too. Most cats -- my opinion -- spend much of the day trying to convince you that they haven't been fed in a week, even though they definitely have been fed that very morning, and have a dish of crunchies available 24/7.

Timely to that observation, Annabelle just made a complaining "feed me" noise around the base of the shelf where she eats (up high and screened so neither Dahlia nor her predecessor can get at Annie's food). Then Annabelle jumped up and discovered - what cat would have thought? - that there was leftover food from this mornings' feeding, and it still smelled foul enough to eat!
04-27-2021, 01:07 PM - 1 Like   #12099
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Timely to that observation, Annabelle just made a complaining "feed me" noise around the base of the shelf where she eats (up high and screened so neither Dahlia nor her predecessor can get at Annie's food). Then Annabelle jumped up and discovered - what cat would have thought? - that there was leftover food from this mornings' feeding, and it still smelled foul enough to eat!
You only have Annie, we have four in the house.. they all get fed at the same time, of course. But each will sniff her dish, turn up her nose at it, and wander over to one of the other dishes..."I'm not going to eat THAT, you always give <insert other cat's name> the good stuff, I'm going to eat HER portion..." When, of course, all four portions came out of the very same can. Eventually, all four dishes get emptied, but often, not by the cat to whom it was originally served. Bunch of divas, the lot...
04-27-2021, 02:06 PM   #12100
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
You only have Annie, we have four in the house.. they all get fed at the same time, of course. But each will sniff her dish, turn up her nose at it, and wander over to one of the other dishes..."I'm not going to eat THAT, you always give <insert other cat's name> the good stuff, I'm going to eat HER portion..." When, of course, all four portions came out of the very same can. Eventually, all four dishes get emptied, but often, not by the cat to whom it was originally served. Bunch of divas, the lot...
I have only 2, and the older one will devour everything if we don't intervene, she thinks her sister doesn't need food.
04-27-2021, 06:28 PM   #12101
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We had a cat name Pounce le Lion. He was big, about 16 lb, but not fat, just big. We'd put down two bowls for the two Shelties we had then, Pouncey would stroll off coll and smug and they'd back away and stand there drooling while Pouncey sampled the dishes, then sat next to them and washed this paw, that paw, his face, yawned, and finally strolled off so the Shelties could finally fall upon their meal.

Pouncy only lived a bit over four years. He had an undetectable, and had it been discovered untreatable congenital heart condition* that almost always takes down a cat while it's still young.

*Hypertrophied ventricular muscles that generate high pressure but low volume output and a lot of turbulence in the blood, which promotes, in fact pretty much always causes clots that take down a cat by cardiac or pulmonary embolism, or stroke.

Last edited by WPRESTO; 04-30-2021 at 03:39 AM.
04-28-2021, 05:41 AM   #12102
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ooh, sorry to hear about that, poor thing. 16 lb. is definitely a big cat! I think one of ours probably tips the scales around that, but she's fat, no mistake. "That's a lot of cat!" is a common refrain when she gets picked up..."oof!"

Funny the games cats play with dogs. Ages ago, decades and decades, the roommate's Samoyed got on reasonably well with my Siamese-mix. But the cat was super-intelligent and the dog was, um, dumb as a brick. One day I watched The Game... dog lying on the rug, semi-awake, cat sashaying back and forth in front of her, sort of watching. This went on for a little while until the dog got tired of watching the parade and dozed off. Cat did another back-and-forth, saw that dog was no longer tracking her movements, paused in front of dog and did a lightning "whap-whap-whap" to dog's nose then ran like hell (laughing, no doubt) to another part of the house. Dog's head came up..."whaaaa...who was that masked cat?!!"
04-28-2021, 10:14 AM - 3 Likes   #12103
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I posted a different image from this set sometime last year. Dahlia trying to get Annabelle to play, Annie just holding her ground and watching Dahlia play-bow, then tear back and forth along a particular radius (= well out of paw's reach). This was in the first few months after Dahlia arrived at our house and already Annabelle knows that whatever D does, however much noise she makes, she's harmless.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-M10MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M10MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M10MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M10MarkII  Photo 
04-28-2021, 10:32 AM - 2 Likes   #12104
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another dogwalk, another bridge....
04-28-2021, 03:25 PM - 5 Likes   #12105
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some member of the household thought it would be a great idea to get Maggie a pool. I have reservations but Maggie clearly doesn't--she splashed around in it for nearly an hour.