Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18357 Likes Search this Thread
12-06-2007, 07:52 AM   #121

Photos: Gallery
I've been looking through the posts. And while I'm not posting any of our Toby, you know, pets are just such wonderful people!

Lynn

12-06-2007, 08:10 AM   #122
Inactive Account

Here is my happy old cat Tippu

And one of my dogs Skye

12-06-2007, 08:16 AM   #123
Inactive Account

Bit out of focus but this is archie and skye

12-06-2007, 11:16 AM   #124
Veteran Member

Here is something a little different for me. I was digging through my film shots from earlier this year before I went digital, and found this one. Grain is good, right? Shot with my ME Super, m-50 f1.4 on Fuji Superia HQ 200.

thomasjmpark, I like that shot of Tippu, he looks to be a very wise old cat.

12-06-2007, 04:44 PM   #125

Hi m8o, and everyone,

I'm going at more like a rate of "your pet every few weeks....", but here it is, finally.

Here's a shot of one of my mom's 2 new maltese puppies:

DA14+AF540FGZ mounted on-camera.

-Chris
12-06-2007, 05:43 PM   #126

Heres my cat "NALA" Shot with a Tamron 135mm I found at a garage sale for $10.

Last edited by dermc; 01-13-2008 at 07:34 PM.
12-06-2007, 06:06 PM   #127
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

new arrival!!!

Just came in yesterday... Thought you all might like a little Pentax flavor to the pet pic...

He's got beautiful markings and I love the eyes - Red and Rust has always been my favorite:

End of the first day - after a very hard day at his new "office":

He's 6 months old, and weighs a slim 48 pounds. Very sharp mind, fun-loving and lovable dog. Got another 1.5 - 2.5 years before he's filled out and fully grown.

Cheers,
Marc

12-06-2007, 06:08 PM   #128
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Chaz K10D

This is my cat Chaz. He loves to pose.

Last edited by joelovotti; 12-28-2008 at 09:17 AM.
12-06-2007, 06:09 PM   #129
and
Veteran Member

awwwwww u should get more shot of them while they are young and adorable

QuoteOriginally posted by hinckc Quote
Here's a shot of one of my mom's 2 new maltese puppies:

12-06-2007, 07:20 PM   #130

Hi and,

Thanks for the positive feedback on this and the other shot I posted to this thread....

Don't worry, I've got a bunch. I'll wait until tomorrow and then put another one up!

I have a feeling these guys will always be adorable. Their mom was 7 lbs, and their dad was only 5 lbs.

Tiny, tiny dogs, even grown up!

-Chris
12-06-2007, 07:55 PM   #131
and
Veteran Member

Very cool looking dog! looks calm and...regent.. and intelligent.. from the pictures..
You didnt write the race... looks kinda like a doberman or rotweiler could it be a mix?

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilm_user Quote
He's got beautiful markings and I love the eyes - Red and Rust has always been my favorite:
12-06-2007, 08:25 PM   #132
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sorry for the long post

QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
Very cool looking dog! looks calm and...regent.. and intelligent.. from the pictures..
You didnt write the race... looks kinda like a doberman or rotweiler could it be a mix?
Hi Andreas,

He's definitely not a mix! He's pure as pure can be. His name is Kodi, which is Indian Dakota Sioux for "friend". Reds (as a whole) are the second most common color of Doberman after the Black and Tan. Red and Tan is the more common color, as compared to the less common Red and Rust. I prefer the Red and Rust male above all other colors, because it's such a rich color.

His father was the best of the rest in the Working Breed class, and I've some details of his incredible father below. - his name is Kafka, who has since passed away...

Kafka's history - from Dobermans:

IF records were in fact “made to be broken,” this astounding Doberman Pinscher was born to do so. He holds title to every Working [Group] Dog show record in existence.

“Kafka” completed his championship on February 21, 1988. He retired on April 5, 1992, winning 2 out of 3 Best In Show that weekend.

Of the 428 times “Kafka” was shown, he won the Breed 392 times (92%). The 392 BOB wins resulted in 350 Group Placements (89%). Of the 350 Group Placements, 258 were Group Firsts (74%). The 258 Group Firsts resulted in 124 Best In Show (48%). And it is important to note that the previous Working Dog record of 121 BIS has not been broken since 1956.

Kafka was a very gentle, loving male - he loved people! He still holds the record as the winningest Working dog even in 2007. Dobermans are ranked in the top 5 of most intelligent breeds.

I've shown one Kafka pup before, and he received his Canadian and American champion status quickly. Then it's play time from then onward... Any of my Dobermans have been my buddy first and foremost!

Cheers,
Marc
12-06-2007, 09:24 PM   #133
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Marc, yes, the champion lineage shows!! Fantastic looking guy. He'll be a great subject for you to shoot for years!
I bet all the other Doberman owners were very relieved when Kafka finally retired. I don't imagine him siring pups comes cheap!
/
hinckc, my wife is going to love to see that one! Our little Yorkie is her givl and loves the little ones.
You're going to have to keep going by your mothers to catch them young while you still can.
/
joelovotti, great to see you have such a willing subject. I bet you have a million shots then.
/
dermc, on two accounts. One of mine's name is Nala (I know, Nala was a feline not a canine, but she came to us named already),
and that's perhaps the best find I've ever heard about, other them people getting something for free.
/
Fritz, I always look forward to see your shots when I see you're the latest poster in the new update list.
A tough situation with the window behind. That wet dog shot is a winner.
/
Tom, Great gang; I saw your other post and glad to see you found this thread too.
I'm glad Fritz pointed out Tippu is a wise old cat ... me, I 1st thought them be "crazy eyes"!
/
Lynn, what's keep'n ya!
/
Mike, great captures. Very funny 'bout Muffy. But that shot of Angel, spectacular! One of my favorites.
/
Dikiz, that's a cute pup already think'n big! Love his toy.
/
ddragg1, yes they do! Funny shots. What comes to mind is "tell me more about my eyes...".
/
Andrew, I hear Monty Python's "now for something completely different". I like all those shots of frogs in your Flikr account.
I can't get within 20 or 30 feet of the bull frogs around the pond @ work w/o them jumping into the water w/a loud croke.
I never even see them let alone point the lens their way and just hear the croak and splash.
/
Gaelen, I'm hoping he'll be around for years longer. He reminds me a lot of my Brother in-law's dog.
What a great dog. A real dog's dog. They own in Inn in Vermont. He loves to wade into the little creek on their land and play in the mud!
/

Hope I caught everyone who posted lately. Thanx for keep'n it interesting in this fun thread.

Finally, a 'pet a day'. Another in really dim light (soft from shake). Love Zoe there in the OOF. I was actually going for that.

Nala looks so sweet here. You'd never know she knocked two teeth out of Mimi's mouth;
and goes out of her way to body slam my other dogs;
and always feels she has to nip the other dogs if she's @ the bottom of the steps before them;
and eats off all the buttons of my shirts while I sleep if I make the mistake of leaving them around;
now eats my hats;
once ate my glasses ... the list goes on.
I wonder if I start calling her Damian if she'll feel as right about it as I would...

Marc, I think I got ya beat on needing to ask for forgiveness on the the long posts...
12-06-2007, 09:53 PM   #134

Here's a few of my schnauzer, Schmikey - a much photographed dog - enjoying a beautiful fall day in Toronto - about 1.5 months ago...

12-06-2007, 10:46 PM   #135
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Some real nice shots of your pets, I tryed to post one of my pets pictures but the wife said If I put her picture in here she would slap me.