Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2012, 10:25 PM - 1 Like   #3811
Veteran Member

Ellie

M 50mm f1.4

02-25-2012, 04:48 AM   #3812

Photos: Gallery
Bella and Callie in the garden
Pentax 645 Fuji Acros ("scanned" to digital by shooting the negative with a Nikon D7000 and a 28mm manual focus lens)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D7000  Photo 
02-25-2012, 06:02 AM   #3813
Veteran Member

haha! cool bogie!!
02-25-2012, 06:43 AM   #3814
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Beautiful, too!
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
another nice Henry portrait, Rick
WG, those poor dogs of yours look like they need to get out and RUN!

Here's a couple shots of our bored pooches, waiting for mommy to finish her shopping:
QuoteOriginally posted by captainbert Quote
Henry looks like some kind of K9 mystical warrior.. class shot my friend of a class looking dog!
Thank you all! Henry considers himself a Jedi Knight...

K10D + Super Takumar 35/3.5

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/gUp2CP7FfNjGkqNVcj7ZNdMTjNZETYmyPJy0li...eat=directlink

02-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #3815
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

More Grooming

Tweetie attends to her mom.

02-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #3816
Veteran Member

Smitty was re-homed today to a nice family with three young children. He will be so happy in that environment. They re-christened him Zoom!

People figure I'm a hard ass, sometimes, from my online presence. But I always get a bit misty when an animal passes through our home, even if going to a better environment where he will get lots of love. So, a bitter-sweet day.

Wish I had more photos to post, but only this one.

02-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #3817
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Smitty was re-homed today to a nice family with three young children. He will be so happy in that environment. They re-christened him Zoom!

People figure I'm a hard ass, sometimes, from my online presence. But I always get a bit misty when an animal passes through our home, even if going to a better environment where he will get lots of love. So, a bitter-sweet day.

Fair play... good luck yourself pal! Class pic of what looks like a beautiful wee dog too.

02-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #3818
Veteran Member

That is stunning... real magic moment beautifully captured!
02-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #3819
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Thanks rparmar

captainbert - your vignetting always seems to add a little something to your shots good luck with getting the meyer!
Thanks a lot Wolfiegirl...im trying to cut down on my vignetting and smoking.. dont know which im more addicted too but good to know they work for you my friend Garbhán.
QuoteOriginally posted by Fritz Quote
Ellie

M 50mm f1.4
That is super cute!
02-25-2012, 03:49 PM - 1 Like   #3820
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bogie Quote
Bella and Callie in the garden
Pentax 645 Fuji Acros ("scanned" to digital by shooting the negative with a Nikon D7000 and a 28mm manual focus lens)
Sorry im saturating the thread in comments but i have to say that i love that.. priceless moment and the tones are pure class!

Here's a wee one Mrs Bert out the front with her ball:

Tamron 70-200 2.8
02-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #3821
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Robin, I guess I mis-read your original post regarding "Zoom" - I thought you had adopted him. Sorry if I contributed to the confusion! But good to hear you found him a good home. We had a similar situation last year, when my daughter brought home a puppy we couldn't keep. We also were able to rehome him after a couple days. Happy endings all around - and thanks for posting the pics
02-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #3822
Veteran Member

Yeah, we can't really keep a dog since we don't have the time to give. Plus we have two cats from the sanctuary. This one followed our daughter across town, so she did the right thing and took him to the vet, called the sanctuary, etc. We ended up with him back home for two weeks while we put up flyers, hit the newspaper, and so on. My wife bathed him and started crate training.

Yeah, we're suckers for an animal!
02-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #3823
Veteran Member

rparmer - it's great that you found a new home for the puppy. good on you for helping needy puppies. i'd love to be able to work at a pound and help rehome pets. i imagine it would feel very rewarding.

what a great shot, captainbert!! that vignette and colour PP works wonderful! i love that the soccer ball design is showing too. absolutely wonderful!!

Here's Elsie in the great outdoors. She's looking a little chubby from lack of exercise lately (I blame the weather).

And here's the boy putting his best foot forward. His fur is getting very dark as he gets older. When we first got him 5 years ago he had a stripy fur that reminded us of Fred Flintstone (hence the name). You wouldn't know, to see him now.

kx, Meyer Optik Gorlitz 50/1.8. click on images for exif data
02-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #3824

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote

It's always good to hear when a pet finds their forever home!
02-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #3825
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
what a great shot, captainbert!! that vignette and colour PP works wonderful! i love that the soccer ball design is showing too. absolutely wonderful!!

Here's Elsie in the great outdoors. She's looking a little chubby from lack of exercise lately (I blame the weather).
Thanks kindly Wolfiegirl!

Lovely additions of your own my friend!