Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18347 Likes Search this Thread
08-23-2014, 11:35 AM - 3 Likes   #5956

Photos: Gallery
My 2 rescue cats, one adopted 3 years ago, the other 2 months ago. The little one is a male calico, quite rare, and he's a total charmer! He can't stop playing with the big cat who has to run away and hide when it gets too much. He sleeps on my shoulder when I'm in front of my computer, or he sneaks a nap close to the big cat when she finally got to sleep.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
08-24-2014, 04:57 PM   #5957
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-3 ,FA 50 ƒ1.7 @ ƒ 1.7, 400 ISO, Aperture Priority

Everyone has the tongues tucked in, it's pretty cool in the house, but it's hot and humid out, and everyone's been fed and it's time for the evening constitutional.

Tia waiting to ambush Misty.

If I get them to play with a toy a bit, they don't fight so much on the walk.

Waiting for his ball.

Are we going on a walk or what? All this fussing around.

Half way through the walk, tongues are coming out.

We had to cut the walk short, we don't want anyone getting overheated.
08-24-2014, 09:20 PM - 3 Likes   #5958
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last day of summer break today.

08-25-2014, 05:38 AM   #5959
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
Last day of summer break today.
@mattb. This first photo is wonderful . The colors, the background, the expression on your son's face....perfect!

08-25-2014, 08:11 AM   #5960
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

a meeting of dogs at the waterpark, of all places....(xposted to POTW)
08-25-2014, 08:38 AM   #5961
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
@mattb. This first photo is wonderful . The colors, the background, the expression on your son's face....perfect!
Thank you!
08-25-2014, 10:30 PM   #5962
Pentaxian

Ming fetching

It was determined by the County Wildlife Association that the decline of the area's stuffie pheasant population was due to family pets.

Last edited by sherrvonne; 06-12-2016 at 05:30 PM.
08-26-2014, 04:53 PM   #5963
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not mine (dog) but this old man's best buddy:

08-26-2014, 04:59 PM - 1 Like   #5964
Veteran Member

Meow
08-27-2014, 08:07 AM - 3 Likes   #5965

Photos: Albums
In Memory of Miss Dixie

This has been a tough one, and has taken me a couple of months just to be able to post. We lost our 9 year old silver back beagle Miss Dixie, on June 6th to liver cancer. She was the sweetest, most loving companion we've ever had, and we miss her terribly.

In her honor, we decided to contact the local rescue, and give a good home to another beagle in need. Meet Inca, who will only answer to "Baby Girl" now. She's a one year old little lady, with an injured right eye. Her nose and hearing are absolutely incredible, adjusting I would imagine, for the loss of sight in the one eye.

And now, for the rest of the story. Who can go to a shelter, and come home with just one? Apparently, not us! This is Jordon, or "Jordy Boy", as he likes to be called. He is 3 years old and a silver back beagle, as was Miss Dixie.

Both are helping to heal our broken hearts as the days go by.

Griz
08-27-2014, 08:54 AM   #5966
Forum Member

Sasha strikes a pose.

Name:  IMGP3528a-1.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  148.2 KB

---------- Post added 08-27-14 at 11:04 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Griz57 Quote
This has been a tough one, and has taken me a couple of months just to be able to post. We lost our 9 year old silver back beagle Miss Dixie, on June 6th to liver cancer. She was the sweetest, most loving companion we've ever had, and we miss her terribly.

In her honor, we decided to contact the local rescue, and give a good home to another beagle in need. Meet Inca, who will only answer to "Baby Girl" now. She's a one year old little lady, with an injured right eye. Her nose and hearing are absolutely incredible, adjusting I would imagine, for the loss of sight in the one eye.

And now, for the rest of the story. Who can go to a shelter, and come home with just one? Apparently, not us! This is Jordon, or "Jordy Boy", as he likes to be called. He is 3 years old and a silver back beagle, as was Miss Dixie.

Griz

Griz,

Sorry for the loss of Miss Dixie. Looks like you have two beautiful new beagles, Baby Girl and Jordy Boy. My neighbor adopted a beagle, Tucker, about 2 years ago. Whenever she walks him, his nose is attached to the ground.

Sandra
08-27-2014, 09:37 AM   #5967

QuoteOriginally posted by csbtrod Quote
Attachment 234994

---------- Post added 08-27-14 at 11:04 AM ----------

Griz,

Sorry for the loss of Miss Dixie. Looks like you have two beautiful new beagles, Baby Girl and Jordy Boy. My neighbor adopted a beagle, Tucker, about 2 years ago. Whenever she walks him, his nose is attached to the ground.

Sandra
Thanks Sandra, they are quite a pair, that's for sure. We live on the side of a mountain, and have a very large rabbit population. If we had a caricature done of Baby Girl, I'm almost certain it would be at least 3/4s nose! There has been no lack of "beagle music" on our property. We officially christened our place, "Dixie Hill".

Griz
08-27-2014, 09:39 AM   #5968
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Griz
Very sorry about your loss Griz. What a wonderful tribute you have made in Miss Dixie's memory by bringing home those two beautiful creatures from the shelter.
08-27-2014, 09:44 AM   #5969

QuoteOriginally posted by chuck_c Quote
Very sorry about your loss Griz. What a wonderful tribute you have made in Miss Dixie's memory by bringing home those two beautiful creatures from the shelter.
Thanks Chuck, it's the very least we could do for all the joy that she gave us.

Griz
08-27-2014, 09:57 AM   #5970
Pentaxian

This has been a tough one, and has taken me a couple of months just to be able to post. We lost our 9 year old silver back beagle Miss Dixie, on June 6th to liver cancer. She was the sweetest, most loving companion we've ever had, and we miss her terribly. ...

Griz
Salut Griz,

So sorry to read about your loss and yet happy to see that you saved two nice dogs. J