Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2019, 12:55 PM - 1 Like   #9421
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
When Zoe was still alive every time I went to Petco she went along. Many customers take their dogs there. It allows the animal to participate in the shopping experience for their food, toys and other paraphernalia.
True. I bring Howard there and he will occasionally knock stuff off the shelves--he's a mess but they never complain...he's a big Huey type friendly guy...

01-27-2019, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #9422
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
Sorry Walter you are patently incorrect. For example, Pennsylvania has state health laws that prevent non-service animals (they are protected under the ADA) from entering food establishments and other facilities. You got hung up on the FDA--they are guides, but States, under the health and welfare of their citizens and residents can be restrictive. (As an attorney, I was surprised by the leniency I have seen regarding non-service animals and their access to food establishments). Just saying....
I'm not sure what in my posts was "patently incorrect." What you posted is precisely in line with my understanding of FDA rules versus state laws. I presume that Pennsy has enacted health laws that are in line with or guided by or patterned after FDA rules, What I had not considered in searching under "animal control laws" for MessyChewBits is that a commonwealth law banning animals (except service dogs) from any building where food is supplied to humans would come under "health laws" rather than "animal control laws."

---------- Post added 01-27-19 at 03:25 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
When Zoe was still alive every time I went to Petco she went along. Many customers take their dogs there. It allows the animal to participate in the shopping experience for their food, toys and other paraphernalia.
There's a local pet store (Dave's) which is quite large = a lot of floor space, and they allow, even encourage dogs to enter. It would be surpassing strange if dogs were not allowed into a pet store.
01-27-2019, 01:59 PM   #9423
Unregistered User

"I don' know what's down there, but whatever it is, I'M GONNA BITE IT!!!"

picture incidental to testing new lens - Irix "Blackstone" 11mm "ultra-wide" w/K-1.
01-27-2019, 05:00 PM - 3 Likes   #9424
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

01-27-2019, 05:10 PM   #9425
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
I'm not sure what in my posts was "patently incorrect." What you posted is precisely in line with my understanding of FDA rules versus state laws. I presume that Pennsy has enacted health laws that are in line with or guided by or patterned after FDA rules, What I had not considered in searching under "animal control laws" for MessyChewBits is that a commonwealth law banning animals (except service dogs) from any building where food is supplied to humans would come under "health laws" rather than "animal control laws."

---------- Post added 01-27-19 at 03:25 PM ----------

There's a local pet store (Dave's) which is quite large = a lot of floor space, and they allow, even encourage dogs to enter. It would be surpassing strange if dogs were not allowed into a pet store.
Walter: Yes...the States under the !0th Amendment can locally promulgate rules to regulate the "health, welfare & to benefit" their citizens/residents. The Health Laws are promulgated differently in each state. For example, more rural areas don't require dogs on leashes if they are within he property boundaries of the owner/occupier of the property....it's a wild world out there and sometimes these Health and Welfare laws are left on the books long after their perceived effectiveness was declared void.
01-27-2019, 08:11 PM - 5 Likes   #9426
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I confused myself with my cactus flashes, turns out I forgot to upgrade the firmware of one of them. My dog Finn helped me test things were working after I messed with them for a bit. (Also helped use up some high value treats.)

01-28-2019, 03:45 AM   #9427
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
Walter: Yes...the States under the !0th Amendment can locally promulgate rules to regulate the "health, welfare & to benefit" their citizens/residents. The Health Laws are promulgated differently in each state. For example, more rural areas don't require dogs on leashes if they are within he property boundaries of the owner/occupier of the property....it's a wild world out there and sometimes these Health and Welfare laws are left on the books long after their perceived effectiveness was declared void.
Thank you for that correction. Funny, though, over the past thirty years I've been practicing law (and admitted to practice before the U.S. Sup. Ct.), I'd never heard it put quite that way. You've built up quite an admirable portfolio of photographs over the years, btw. Good work.

Last edited by Unregistered User; 01-28-2019 at 03:51 AM.
01-28-2019, 04:59 AM - 3 Likes   #9428
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here's Tralee off-leash, emerging from the weave poles during an agility run this past weekend. Lighting at these inside venues is really terrible. Even at ISO 1250 with the lens wide open the shutter speed is way too slow to to prevent motion blur on essentially every action shot.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-M10MarkII  Photo 
01-28-2019, 11:07 AM   #9429
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
Thank you for that correction. Funny, though, over the past thirty years I've been practicing law (and admitted to practice before the U.S. Sup. Ct.), I'd never heard it put quite that way. You've built up quite an admirable portfolio of photographs over the years, btw. Good work.
Thank you for the compliment. I have been practicing law a long time also. I try not to become so esoteric because as much negativity is out there about attorneys, most people of reasonable intelligence appreciate what we do and how we actually promote and serve society; most contributors/photographers here fir into that category. When providing general concepts of law, I try and not to be so colloquial in my responses to such questions or opinions that arise on the interne so as not to appear condencending. (I also caution that I am only licensed in PA & NJ so I am not officially purveying legal advice & practicing law without that state's licensure). I have seen many of your photographs also, and can say the same thing about you. Keep on snapping "F.O.G." ….
01-28-2019, 03:27 PM - 5 Likes   #9430
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Here's Tralee off-leash, emerging from the weave poles during an agility run this past weekend. Lighting at these inside venues is really terrible. Even at ISO 1250 with the lens wide open the shutter speed is way too slow to to prevent motion blur on essentially every action shot.
I've had the same problem in the past. Indoor venues have really poor lighting for freezing action. You're almost better off to embrace it and go for an interest motion blur action shot.

I once tried to use second curtain fill flash in an indoor dock diving event. This is a friends dog dock diving; I really like this photo, but more as a good reminder of that day than it's technical qualities.

01-28-2019, 03:57 PM - 7 Likes   #9431
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

At agility trials I can sometimes get satisfactory images of the competitors when they are not running the obstacles. This dainty, pretty little Sheltie is Paris. She's fourteen and totally deaf, but runs the course directed by body language and hand signals,. She is both very fast and very reliable, hardly ever misses an obstacle or makes a wrong turn. And she also has a heart murmur.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-M10MarkII  Photo 
01-29-2019, 04:44 AM - 4 Likes   #9432
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Another Action Photo of Howard
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
D-LUX (Typ 109)  Photo 
01-31-2019, 11:23 AM - 6 Likes   #9433
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chloe's new toy:

Last edited by paulh; 01-31-2019 at 11:33 AM.
01-31-2019, 07:03 PM - 5 Likes   #9434
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cold ski with Luna tonight.
01-31-2019, 08:57 PM - 5 Likes   #9435
Veteran Member

Ellie
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IV  Photo