08-09-2019, 03:58 PM - 4 Likes   #9991
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Laney

(do not believe that forlorn look)

08-09-2019, 06:40 PM - 1 Like   #9992
Pentaxian

Wow, I really love your second picture, especially his eyes. I'm assuming it wasn't just a happy accident, and you have some techniques for making his eyes so arresting? I'd love to learn, if you have any advice to share. Eyes are one of those things difficult to catch just right in a photograph.

---------- Post added 08-09-19 at 07:25 PM ----------

Skippy in the snow two years ago. I'm looking through my winter pictures to cool off.

08-10-2019, 11:41 PM - 2 Likes   #9993
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A sleepy Jeannie has claimed my chair!
08-11-2019, 11:52 AM - 4 Likes   #9994
Pentaxian

Mud puppies.

08-11-2019, 03:00 PM - 8 Likes   #9995
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I often photo document fund raisers and rescues for animal rescue orgs. Happy ending.

15 days ago I accompanied Tara Bassett, my bestie and apex dog rescuer, to document the rescue of a 2 year old Yorkie / Jack Russel mix named Bandit from a hoarding situation. She took the handoff of the little guy a vets office. The Dr. examined the Bandit and determined that he was so anemic from fleas he’d be best served by going to an emergency veterinary hospital across town. (My friend took the cell phone pic of me holding Bandit on the exam table, while she was consulting with the vet.)

I held the boy on my lap on the trip to the hospital. He was examined and put in ICU overnight in hopes his red cell count would not drop any further necessitating a blood transfusion. His numbers held and he was released the next day. The rescue organization that took over his care, The Shamrock Foundation had already taken in 2 of his 6 pack mates and was looking for a foster. He was weak and highly stressed. They wanted to foster him in a home with no other pets and no children. I had already planned to take vacation time that week and I live by myself so I offered to keep him for a week. And then I took him to work for another week. I decided yesterday to adopt Bandit.

The last one was taken yesterday. Exactly 2 weeks after I first held him..
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 8  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Last edited by Perfessor5646; 08-11-2019 at 03:10 PM.
08-11-2019, 04:25 PM - 6 Likes   #9996
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Brutus enjoying his Sunday in Bed.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
D-LUX (Typ 109)  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
D-LUX (Typ 109)  Photo 
08-12-2019, 12:57 PM - 5 Likes   #9997
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Saturday hike with Luna

08-13-2019, 03:15 AM - 1 Like   #9998
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Perfessor5646 Quote
15 days ago I accompanied Tara Bassett, my bestie and apex dog rescuer, to document the rescue of a 2 year old Yorkie / Jack Russel mix named Bandit from a hoarding situation. She took the handoff of the little guy a vets office. The Dr. examined the Bandit and determined that he was so anemic from fleas he’d be best served by going to an emergency veterinary hospital across town. (My friend took the cell phone pic of me holding Bandit on the exam table, while she was consulting with the vet.)

I held the boy on my lap on the trip to the hospital. He was examined and put in ICU overnight in hopes his red cell count would not drop any further necessitating a blood transfusion. His numbers held and he was released the next day. The rescue organization that took over his care, The Shamrock Foundation had already taken in 2 of his 6 pack mates and was looking for a foster. He was weak and highly stressed. They wanted to foster him in a home with no other pets and no children. I had already planned to take vacation time that week and I live by myself so I offered to keep him for a week. And then I took him to work for another week. I decided yesterday to adopt Bandit.

The last one was taken yesterday. Exactly 2 weeks after I first held him..
Looks as though you've adopted a companion with three of a dog's most desirable traits: playful, affectionate and faithful. Really touched by the story and the photo sequence.
08-14-2019, 09:34 AM - 4 Likes   #9999
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is/was my dear friend Maddy. A gentler dog never drew breath. SCan
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
EZ Controller  Photo 
08-14-2019, 11:43 AM - 4 Likes   #10000
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
This is/was my dear friend Maddy. A gentler dog never drew breath. SCan
Walter: nice full portrait shot of Maddy-Beautiful Animal It motivated me to try and get my Howard in a full frame (he is almost 10 and declining--old for a Saint Bernard). Anyway, here is what I shot:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
D-Lux 7  Photo 
08-14-2019, 11:45 AM - 6 Likes   #10001
Pentaxian

My niece Pepa:

08-14-2019, 07:51 PM - 6 Likes   #10002
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
Walter: nice full portrait shot of Maddy-Beautiful Animal It motivated me to try and get my Howard in a full frame (he is almost 10 and declining--old for a Saint Bernard). Anyway, here is what I shot:
He sure is a big boy!

There's a lady who brings three or four Saint Bernards to the park several times a week. A little while ago, she saw me with my camera again and asked if she could see any pictures, so I pulled my dog park folder up on her phone. She found some I'd taken two years ago when the park flooded, and almost started to cry. The one on the right here passed away just a few months ago.

Their lives aren't very long, but we do our best to make it a good one, and they give us their whole hearts in return.
08-15-2019, 06:36 AM - 3 Likes   #10003
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
There's a lady who brings three or four Saint Bernards to the park several times a week
Great Story and pic ! I never realized how wonderful these sloppy, oversized loving animals could be until we adopted Howard 91/2 years ago. He was in a home with 2 young children under 3 years old. He was always friendly but as he got bigger, he would play and knock the little girls down. The parents began locking him in the bathroom for several hours a day. My friend, a veternarian, asked me if I was interested in adopting him as our Shiba Inu (another great breed) had died a month before. I agreed to look into it--but I brought my teenage daughter (at the time) with me. That was it and here we are today--he's a great friend and companion for sure....appreciated the story behind the photo. Thank you. here's a full 'facial'
Attached Images

08-15-2019, 07:08 AM - 4 Likes   #10004
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Tralee rolling on the lawn the way happy dogs do.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSC-RX100M6  Photo 

Last edited by WPRESTO; 08-15-2019 at 12:21 PM.
08-16-2019, 06:47 PM - 2 Likes   #10005
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just in time
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo