Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18357 Likes Search this Thread
11-02-2019, 06:15 AM   #10216
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Tralee, photographed during an AM walk about six years ago when she was young and full of life.
She’s beautiful!

11-02-2019, 06:21 AM   #10217
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Deesquared Quote
She’s beautiful!
Thank you so much. It was her personality that really endeared her to us, and has left us shattered by her sudden premature demise.
11-02-2019, 06:37 AM   #10218
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you so much. It was her personality that really endeared her to us, and has left us shattered by her sudden premature demise.
I’m so sorry for your loss! That’s heartbreaking but especially so when it’s sudden/ unexpected.
11-02-2019, 06:44 AM   #10219
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I’m so sorry for your loss! That’s heartbreaking but especially so when it’s sudden/ unexpected.
She was only ten. We had walked with her on Wednesday and she was 100% herself. Thursday she went to her usual play group, Friday morning she wouldn't eat. She lingered for two weeks with myriads of tests, ultrasound, X-ray, and opinions from three vets but no certain diagnosis - negative for every disease for which there is a test, negative in blood/urine for just about everything. Our home is crushingly quiet.

11-02-2019, 01:37 PM - 1 Like   #10220
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tino on one of his last dogwalks. He hung on for awhile after this was taken but couldn't see or walk well at all. We miss him.

Last edited by paulh; 11-02-2019 at 04:27 PM.
11-02-2019, 04:05 PM   #10221
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thought about a separate thread but this is more a side note.
2 new studies on rats.
Taught to enjoy hide and seek.
Taught to drive cars.
Conclusion is emotional stability and joy.
"Research looked at how learning complex skills improved rats' emotional resilience, "
Rats can drive tiny cars, helping their emotional health, study says

"Scientists have “come to the realization that pretty much everything that humans do, there are rudiments, at least, in other animals.”" Lab rats play hide-and-seek for the fun of it, new study shows | Science | AAAS
11-02-2019, 04:24 PM - 6 Likes   #10222
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Foster cat enjoying life .

Attached Images

Last edited by catman6; 11-02-2019 at 05:54 PM.
11-02-2019, 04:31 PM - 1 Like   #10223
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by catman6 Quote
Forster cat enjoying life .
Adorable!
11-03-2019, 03:46 AM   #10224
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Mad Dogs And Englishmen, Go Out In The Midday Sun

Well perhaps not in this case...

11-03-2019, 04:05 AM   #10225
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Again not mine
11-03-2019, 04:58 AM - 6 Likes   #10226
Pentaxian

My neighbours Mum's dog we were taking for a walk in the woods a couple of years back. Shot on Kodak Ektar but I don't remember which camera body or lens.

Marley (2) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
11-03-2019, 06:20 AM   #10227
Unregistered User

She was only ten. We had walked with her on Wednesday and she was 100% herself. Thursday she went to her usual play group, Friday morning she wouldn't eat. She lingered for two weeks with myriads of tests, ultrasound, X-ray, and opinions from three vets but no certain diagnosis - negative for every disease for which there is a test, negative in blood/urine for just about everything. Our home is crushingly quiet.
We've had similar experiences with two cats and a dog. I'm becoming increasingly suspicious of vaccines (mainly because of the excipients, rather than the vaccine itself) and the bug-and-worm-killer pills we've fed 'em. The dog, a five year old black lab mix (with boxer and bullmastiff) died of leukemia; granted, they don't last as long as some other breeds, but five years! I've suspected his liver was the real problem, and that because of having fed him pesticides.

It occurs to me recently that the flea and tick killer we feed to dogs doesn't really solve the problem (unless one see the "real problem" as having the dog come in the house ferrying live fleas and ticks). That is to say, those things have no effect unless and until they bite and start eating the dog. But that initial bite is when the parasite eggs and bacteria get into the dog. Fine, the stuff in the dog's blood kills the bugs, but I reckon that's just revenge. Question is, whether the cure is worse than the disease?
11-03-2019, 07:16 AM   #10228
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
We've had similar experiences with two cats and a dog. I'm becoming increasingly suspicious of vaccines (mainly because of the excipients, rather than the vaccine itself) and the bug-and-worm-killer pills we've fed 'em. The dog, a five year old black lab mix (with boxer and bullmastiff) died of leukemia; granted, they don't last as long as some other breeds, but five years! I've suspected his liver was the real problem, and that because of having fed him pesticides.

It occurs to me recently that the flea and tick killer we feed to dogs doesn't really solve the problem (unless one see the "real problem" as having the dog come in the house ferrying live fleas and ticks). That is to say, those things have no effect unless and until they bite and start eating the dog. But that initial bite is when the parasite eggs and bacteria get into the dog. Fine, the stuff in the dog's blood kills the bugs, but I reckon that's just revenge. Question is, whether the cure is worse than the disease?
I know a good deal more biology than the average person, but certainly do not have deep knowledge of medicine either human or veterinary. However, I would suspect that major problems with liver would cause easily detected changes in the non-cellular components of blood.

Suspicion of human vaccines, especially their potential link to autism, is a consequence of one totally dishonest man who faked data and managed to get it published. When the fraud was discovered, the publication officially denounced the article and published an explanation, the "researcher" (really just a unscrupulous liar) was disgraced and dismissed from his position. Yet the mythology of the falsehood he managed to get published lives on.

I always wonder, if people distrust near universal medical advice and refuse to have their children vaccinated, why when the child gets deathly sick do they take them to the very medical system they think is untrustworthy?

Note my sign-off below.
11-03-2019, 08:40 AM   #10229
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
My neighbours Mum's dog we were taking for a walk in the woods a couple of years back. Shot on Kodak Ektar but I don't remember which camera body or lens.

Marley (2) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
Beautiful photo and dog! Well done!

---------- Post added 11-03-19 at 09:41 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Well perhaps not in this case...
What a handsome dog! Love the sun flare in the image too. It adds to the mood of enjoying an afternoon nap in the warm sunshine.
11-03-2019, 08:48 AM - 1 Like   #10230
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
What a handsome dog! Love the sun flare in the image too. It adds to the mood of enjoying an afternoon nap in the warm sunshine.
Thank very much for that.