QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Her name, given by the breeder, is Dahlia
Congrats, Walt - she's a beauty

01-15-2020, 06:56 PM   #10637
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
So cute! Congratulations. The cat will chill out eventually. Maybe.

Poor Luna has a sore shoulder and we went to the vet today to have it looked at. Nothing obviously wrong with it so we are on a month of meds and no crazy running which will be very difficult for Luna to abide by and us to enforce. So we will get more leash time than usual for a while but hopefully it will get her back up to speed.
Thanks for comment on Dahlia (Kipie). Sorry to hear about Luna.She doesn't look like a dog to be held back very long by a mere sore shoulder.

---------- Post added 01-15-20 at 09:00 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Congrats, Walt - she's a beauty
Thanks Paul. She cannot replace Tralee, but she'll soak up the affection we have to give and hopefully will get M back doing agility, although not earlier than next Autumn as rules don't allow dags younger than 18 months into the ring. And also, we have no idea how she'll take to the sport. Some dogs are naturals who just love running a coarse, others can hardly be coaxed to do one jump. much less the weave poles.
01-15-2020, 08:53 PM - 1 Like   #10638
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by simple1 Quote
Dazy enjoying the water
And, I guess, he has a panic to showers, does he?

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
Poor Luna has a sore shoulder
Auch!
01-16-2020, 10:41 AM   #10639
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
After we lost our beloved Tralee we had not planned to look seriously for a new dog until late Spring, but M put out feelers to friends in the event there were an appropriate puppy for us.. So M was contacted, someone had a young (9 month) Sheltie that needed a new home. Turns out it was a breeder who raises show dogs, but had a pup that was too small, "out of breed spec," and was looking to rehome it. We went, looked, and brought her home, Her name, given by the breeder, is Dahlia (I wanted to caller her Kipie, but M didn't like that).. She is tiny, gentle, very much a lap dog, much more timid than Tralee, and very affectionate (kissy-kissy). She's only been with us a few days but seems to be settling in OK. Annabelle (cat) wants to throw her under a locomotive.
Congratulations on your new family addition! Here’s hoping she and the cat learn to get along....

01-16-2020, 11:43 AM   #10640
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
Congratulations on your new family addition! Here’s hoping she and the cat learn to get along....
Thanks. Annabelle (cat) has discovered that Dahlia (AKA Kipie) can be intimidated by a bat on the nose, so she stalks about as queen, but she now wants to be fed privately in the basement. Dahlia is confused & intimidated by Annabelle, but desperately wants to induce her to play. So she runs back & forth, does play bows, sometimes yips a little (D is not very talkative, and her bark is very soft, on the edge of inaudible). While she's doing this enthusiastic invitation to games, Annabelle just watches with a certain air of contempt.
01-17-2020, 03:20 PM - 6 Likes   #10641

Rascal’s Snow Day

A 35-105mm with K1

---------- Post added 01-17-20 at 04:23 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Vaskebjorn Quote
Blaumaus
Beautiful!!
Attached Images

01-19-2020, 04:37 AM   #10642
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by carabez Quote
And, I guess, he has a panic to showers, does he?
Absolutely she does

01-19-2020, 10:11 AM - 4 Likes   #10643
Pentaxian

Awesome snow pictures, MKohoutek! Especially the second one. Looks like Rascal had a blast.

Skippy, at the tail end of last year's wildflower season, somewhere warm.

01-20-2020, 11:39 AM - 3 Likes   #10644
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jeannie lounging on the porch swing -

01-20-2020, 04:35 PM - 1 Like   #10645
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Jeannie lounging on the porch swing -

Sweet!
01-20-2020, 06:46 PM   #10646

QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
Awesome snow pictures, MKohoutek! Especially the second one. Looks like Rascal had a blast.

Skippy, at the tail end of last year's wildflower season, somewhere warm.
Thanks...My Rascal cracks me up. I was lucky get some fun shots...and with that old manual zoom, no less!

Skippy looks very content =)
01-22-2020, 03:29 AM   #10647
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
Thanks: he is a big boy and I felt he needed an "adult" name...friends and family came up with names like 'Tiny', 'House', 'Cujo' (really? he's docile as a kitten), 'Biggie', etc....I chose Howard because thankfully, no-one in our direct circle of friends were named that (I borrowed my friend's baby book). Anyway, thanks for the appreciation of St. Bernards. he's my buddy.....
Haven't seen Howard for a while; how's he doing?

We had a big black dog that was half black labrador, 1/4 boxer, and 1/4 English bullmastiff. Double the size of a normal black lab; he looked like a lab on steroids (with a drooling habit). When he was a puppy, everyone said he was "so PRECIOUS!". (Funny how so many different people use the same adjective. Our present dog was "adorable".) But when Ruger was a big, scary 120 lbs., jet black with huge white teeth, I was thinking, "we should'a named him 'precious".
01-22-2020, 06:48 AM - 1 Like   #10648
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Random dog at an agility trial, looking highly pleased after completing the weave poles.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
01-22-2020, 10:24 AM   #10649
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
Hey there DLH: here's a recent action pose--all too familiar with these breeds....
01-22-2020, 02:35 PM - 3 Likes   #10650
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
Thanks dlh: here's a recent "action" photo of my good old boy (almost 10 1/2). He's tired but he still eats, goes out in the yard for walks, still cuddles up and acts like a puppy, but his hips are failing...appreciate the shout-out.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
LEICA SL (Typ 601)  Photo