Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2020, 12:39 AM   #11356
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
Saxon is 45.8 lbs. today
Good name for a German Shepherd. Thinking of patterns of Germanic migration into Britain, I was thinking, it's a much better name than some of the alternatives. Imagine going out on the back porch and yelling, "Come Frisian", "Come, Dane", "Come Angle", or "Come Jute"?

How old is he?

09-19-2020, 03:38 AM - 1 Like   #11357
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
Good name for a German Shepherd. Thinking of patterns of Germanic migration into Britain, I was thinking, it's a much better name than some of the alternatives. Imagine going out on the back porch and yelling, "Come Frisian", "Come, Dane", "Come Angle", or "Come Jute"?

How old is he?
she, subject to change in October, was born 4 15 20

and yes we wanted something Germanic - Saxons were not limited only to what is now Germany but most folks don't know that

and unusual
09-19-2020, 05:06 AM - 5 Likes   #11358
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Howard.....
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-M10 Mark III  Photo 
09-19-2020, 07:13 AM   #11359
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
Howard.....
I was thinking the other day that I hadn't been seeing much of Howard lately. Hope he and his family are doing well.

09-19-2020, 11:14 AM - 1 Like   #11360
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
I was thinking the other day that I hadn't been seeing much of Howard lately. Hope he and his family are doing well.
dlh: I am sorry to report that over the next few weeks I will be posting the big guy's last photos. he passed away last month after nearly 11 years. His hips gave away and he was unable to walk. In pain, we had him put down at home with my family surrounding him. I have 1000's of photos of him and form time to time will post some--many were taken with my Pentax kits and he was one of my favorite subjects.
Thanks for commenting about Howard. A large dog like him really does become a family member just on size alone, but St. Bernards docile natures made him a friend to all living things. Hope you and your family are well
09-19-2020, 11:28 AM - 2 Likes   #11361
Pentaxian

Our kitten Annie - now almost a year old - watched a bug for a while, but then she couldn't stand just watching.
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
G with Tino & Jeannie back in 2010:
Attached Images

09-19-2020, 11:40 AM - 1 Like   #11362
Pentaxian

dlh: I am sorry to report that over the next few weeks I will be posting the big guy's last photos. he passed away last month after nearly 11 years. His hips gave away and he was unable to walk. In pain, we had him put down at home with my family surrounding him. I have 1000's of photos of him and form time to time will post some--many were taken with my Pentax kits and he was one of my favorite subjects.
Thanks for commenting about Howard. A large dog like him really does become a family member just on size alone, but St. Bernards docile natures made him a friend to all living things. Hope you and your family are well
Sorry to hear about your loss. Dogs indeed are family members.

09-19-2020, 12:00 PM - 1 Like   #11363
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am sorry to report that over the next few weeks I will be posting the big guy's last photos.
So sorry to hear this. Never an easy thing to say farewell to a longtime companion.
09-19-2020, 01:37 PM   #11364
Unregistered User

Very sorry to hear that. I believe I'll miss seeing him, I'd gotten to feeling fairly affectionate towards him.

We're all doing well, thanks.
09-19-2020, 04:49 PM - 1 Like   #11365
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My heart goes out to you. There's more pain than we ever anticipate at the loss of pet that's become a member of the family.
09-19-2020, 06:16 PM - 1 Like   #11366
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Howard.....
So sorry to hear, I'm glad you have lots of photos for memories.
09-19-2020, 07:47 PM - 4 Likes   #11367
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
We are dog sitting for a few days, so Fester and Emmie have company

The King relaxes on the throne

Emmie Laying Low

Tucker, the looney Golden Doodle

Jay, Boss Dog, doesn't know how little he is
09-19-2020, 08:51 PM - 2 Likes   #11368
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Stormy on this morning's walkabout

09-19-2020, 08:53 PM - 6 Likes   #11369
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Laney, resting

09-20-2020, 03:47 PM - 4 Likes   #11370
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I want to thank all of you who sent your condolences and good wishes for Howard. It's reassuring that the folks here at the Forum remember him, and though is gone, it reassures me he is not forgotten. Here's a recent photo taken prior to him getting sick....Thanks again everyone, it is truly appreciated.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
LEICA SL (Typ 601)  Photo