Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 345 Likes Search this Thread
05-02-2021, 11:28 AM - 1 Like   #361
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Brenizermania hit me yesterday
nice! and thanks for resparking the interest....there are a few i have fergot to post here...........

simple 3 frame K-50.....smc tak 85/1.8

05-03-2021, 04:37 AM - 1 Like   #362
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
DFA*85 wide open. 12 shots I think.

05-03-2021, 10:16 PM - 2 Likes   #363
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

An other version of this view:

05-04-2021, 12:15 AM   #364
Pentaxian

There's something about the subtle light in these woodland photos that makes them very nice, it's almost film-like. I find the M 85mm is one of the few lenses that can capture subtle light well on digital.

05-04-2021, 07:17 AM   #365
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
There's something about the subtle light in these woodland photos that makes them very nice, it's almost film-like. I find the M 85mm is one of the few lenses that can capture subtle light well on digital.
Light was really special also IRL. That's why I went completely trigger happy
05-05-2021, 07:54 AM - 1 Like   #366
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

One more with M85. Cross posted to M club.

05-06-2021, 01:11 AM   #367
Pentaxian

One more with M85. Cross posted to M club.
Very nice again.

05-06-2021, 06:03 AM   #368
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice again.
Thanks.
05-06-2021, 04:26 PM   #369
Veteran Member

Thanks. How did you find that year old shot to compare
As previously mentioned(following the initial image), your photo #319, contains all the components to produce what we'd call the infamous 3D photo effect - which is(in my opinion), a combination of DOF effect and scene components to project a subtle sense of surrealism onto its viewers.

Having said that, the image in question, though possessing similar characteristics does not hold the same definition in terms of scene components as #319, as the pathway is muddled and where the scene elements(ie, trees) do not provide the same level of separation in the DOF effect.

PS, I believe I have said this, and will say it again - your photo(#319), with the right processing and mounted on the right media, could easily take a place in an art gallery with the best of them.

- my two cents worth of course

Last edited by JohnBee; 05-07-2021 at 05:39 PM.
05-06-2021, 09:52 PM   #370
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
As previously mentioned(following the initial image), your photo #319, contained all the components needed to produce what we'd call the 3D effect - which is(in my opinion), a combination of DOF, scene components along with a subtle sense of surrealism, all working together to invoke a sense of realism and draw onlookers into the scene.

Having said that, the image in question, though possessing similar characteristics does not hold the same definition in terms of scene components as #319, as the pathway is muddled, and where the scene elements(ie, trees) become muddled in the OOF plane.

PS, I believe I have said this, and will say it again - your photo(#319), mounted on the right media and with the right processing, could easily take a place in an art gallery with the best of them.

- my two cents worth of course
Thanks, appreciated. Too bad that all I do with my shots is post in here.
05-07-2021, 05:45 PM   #371
Veteran Member

Thanks, appreciated. Too bad that all I do with my shots is post in here.
I wouldn't sweat it - plenty of photos get recognition long after they were taken

With that said, did you shoot the frames in RAW?
Do you still have the original files?

Is so, you may want to consider archiving the RAW files just in case you feel the need to publish the image in the future
05-07-2021, 10:21 PM   #372
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
I wouldn't sweat it - plenty of photos get recognition long after they were taken

With that said, did you shoot the frames in RAW?
Do you still have the original files?

Is so, you may want to consider archiving the RAW files just in case you feel the need to publish the image in the future
I shoot RAW, but I tend to delete originals used for stitches. I try to control the amount of files I store. So I suspect I don't have the originals anymore.
05-08-2021, 12:14 AM   #373
Pentaxian

I shoot RAW, but I tend to delete originals used for stitches. I try to control the amount of files I store. So I suspect I don't have the originals anymore.
I shoot jpeg only, and usually reduced resolution, for Brenizers as I don't have the time to PP so many files. Get the exposure and WB right in the jpegs and then you only need to stitch later.
05-08-2021, 12:45 AM   #374
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

I shoot jpeg only, and usually reduced resolution, for Brenizers as I don't have the time to PP so many files. Get the exposure and WB right in the jpegs and then you only need to stitch later.
PP is no problem for me with Capture 1. Just make on shot and copy-paste settings to the others. I find it easier than playing with camera settings while out shooting.
05-08-2021, 12:53 AM   #375

That's a beautiful picture! I love it