Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2011, 06:20 AM   #121
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
I'm not sure about September. Don't have a clue which lens I'd use. I only have two long lens, two short zooms, and the 50mm. I don't cotton to carrying around that 100-500mm Samyang, that sucker is heavy!!
The Samyang would be an awesome choice. I've considered using mine in one of these challenges but not this month. It is a beast.

08-29-2011, 07:12 AM   #122
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

I'd do it, but my tripod won't be here on the first. I'm ordering it on the first and it will probably get here on the 5th or 6th. I'll think about it, joining that is, but the first weekend is busy with a family function, so I probably won't get any photos those two days.
08-29-2011, 09:09 AM   #123
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll be on vacation in the first week of October in southern Utah. I think I'll have a few things that might need that big beast to shoot. So, I'll go with the Samyang in October. September...hmmm...still deciding between a prime or something odd.
08-29-2011, 10:05 AM   #124
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Perhaps one of my shorter zooms or the 50mm straight on but there would be no macros, just regular photos. Like I said, September 3, and 4 are busy days. Actually so are 1 and 2 being bill paying days. I don't have much time in between to shoot. Decisions, decisions, decisions...eh.

08-30-2011, 01:05 AM   #125
Veteran Member

I hope you don't mind, but I have a new "everyday" lens arriving hopefully in the next week. So I might give another 80-200 lens a run till the new lens arrives.
Vivitar 80-200, temporary till receipt of DA18-250. I have got this lens just to leave on the camera for general use, as I take the camera to work with me on work days.
I will see how it goes, so to use for most of September, will make things a lot clearer about it.
Comments welcome
08-30-2011, 02:50 AM   #126
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
I hope you don't mind, but I have a new "everyday" lens arriving hopefully in the next week. So I might give another 80-200 lens a run till the new lens arrives.
Vivitar 80-200, temporary till receipt of DA18-250. I have got this lens just to leave on the camera for general use, as I take the camera to work with me on work days.
I will see how it goes, so to use for most of September, will make things a lot clearer about it.
Comments welcome
I have the Tamron version of that lens, and it is pretty darn good. I look forward to seeing your September shots with it!
08-30-2011, 02:53 AM   #127
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
Comments welcome
Well mate, the way I see it..

the whistle blows, we're over the top, headinn' fa no man's bloody land, when some bloke taps ya on the shoulder an' sez

"me new bayonet's just arrived..I'll just nick back an' get it"

What's the point of it all! Just my opinion!

Cheers Paddy

PS Still luv ya mate!

08-30-2011, 06:16 AM   #128
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I think Paddy said it more eloquently Bruce, but I'll keep it simpler. Go for it!
08-30-2011, 10:16 PM   #129
Veteran Member

It's been a real pleasure participating with you all this month.
Great images, themes and camaraderie throughout. I am walking away with new visual ideas and approaches.
Thanks to all for your comments. Hopefully, I will catch up on commenting in the next few days.
See you in a future Single in...
08-30-2011, 10:31 PM   #130
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Same to you Jools! I am very impressed with this month in particular. Well done all.
08-31-2011, 05:32 AM   #131
Inactive Account

Well, I've posted me last shot for August.

Now that was a tough month, the bar was high, and I found it difficult to reach. However as always, I reckon I learned one or two more tricks from you all..thanks for that fellas.

If my big mouth got in the way, sorry, but there will probably be more in September.. me bloody gob's a bit like that! Again, you're a bloody mottly bunch of disparate and maybe desperate characters, but I reckon ya blood's worth bottlin'!

Cheers and thanks all, Paddy.

Strewth..bloody September's tamorra..telephoto..what was I thinking!
08-31-2011, 06:35 AM   #132
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
What a fantastic effort by everyone, Single in August must go down as one of the biggest, if not THE biggest one yet!
I keep looking at everyone elses albums, what a great privilege it is to be able to do this!
Congratulations to all!
Jack.
08-31-2011, 09:58 PM   #133
Inactive Account

It is done. Thank you all very much for your comments and encouragement. As usual, I got a little busy with making these photos and fell off on commenting on all of yours. Do know, I've looked at and enjoyed each and every one that was posted in the August challenge thread. I have no idea what I'm going to do for September yet but I guess I'll figure it out when I grab the next lens out of the bag (whatever that is). See you in September!

Single in August - August 31st - Monthly Photo Challenges - PentaxForums.com