Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
08-07-2011, 06:21 AM   #76
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I missed yesterday and we'll have to see about today.

I was doing some recon shooting at a wedding rehearsal last night. As I was doing the shots of th bride and groom I was backing up out of the church when I felt a pop. I've torn a calf muscle and I can barely walk, more like hobble at best. The last thing on my mind was SIA. I'll try to get something today but it might be of my ice pack..

08-07-2011, 06:28 AM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VaughnA Quote
I missed yesterday and we'll have to see about today.

I was doing some recon shooting at a wedding rehearsal last night. As I was doing the shots of th bride and groom I was backing up out of the church when I felt a pop. I've torn a calf muscle and I can barely walk, more like hobble at best. The last thing on my mind was SIA. I'll try to get something today but it might be of my ice pack..
Hope you will feel ok quickly! Not in the first place for SiA btw.... But I would like to see that ice pack! Make the best of it Vaughn!
08-07-2011, 08:13 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Not good, hope you recover well and sooner than expected (no matter what, these take a while to heal)!

Regards,
D
08-08-2011, 05:34 AM   #79
Banned

I survived yesterday. Ice and compression helped, and the adrenaline of shooting my first wedding helped shield the pain. I finished up around dinner time and just collapsed. I actually think I got some decent shots. I did it for free as he's a good friend, and I'm sure the groom got what he paid for. So I missed my SIA weekend shots. I've got something crappy from Friday to post and hopefully I'll get back in the groove later today.

08-08-2011, 10:11 PM   #80
Veteran Member

I just wanted to say that August 8th fotos are great.
Excellent selection of fotos. Kudos to all.
A most enjoyable visual of Pentax and others at work.
You all make me meek.
08-09-2011, 08:51 AM   #81
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Oi! I found out that I am doing a church theme this month. Anyone else themed up their month?
08-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #82
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Zorglub Quote
Oi! I found out that I am doing a church theme this month. Anyone else themed up their month?
Sort of. I've found I'm kind of liking the train shots this month..

Single In August - a set on Flickr

08-09-2011, 10:47 AM - 1 Like   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Sort of. I've found I'm kind of liking the train shots this month..

Single In August - a set on Flickr

This Month!!!
08-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #84
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
This Month!!!
Yeah, well, the real theme is post processing but the trains are the stars of most of the shots (so far)..

08-11-2011, 03:41 AM   #85
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Jack, I just have to say how much I'm enjoying this. I'm only just into my first month, and it's already been difficult to get a "good" shot every day, but seeing what others have achieved, and getting responses on my own efforts is both rewarding and hugely enjoyable.
08-11-2011, 03:54 AM   #86
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Jack, I just have to say how much I'm enjoying this. I'm only just into my first month, and it's already been difficult to get a "good" shot every day, but seeing what others have achieved, and getting responses on my own efforts is both rewarding and hugely enjoyable.
Your shots have been delightful, creative and interesting, you are doing great.

Having said this, it now starts to get a little harder, the last 20 days can be like torture, and I'm fairly sure the others will agree it becomes harder by the day.

But hang in there, the feeling you get after you post the last for the month is totally worthwhile.

Jack.
08-11-2011, 04:22 AM   #87
Inactive Account

Yeah that last post is bonzer, water under the bridge at last, then....strewth, I forgot I had this lense, another month won't hurt, here we go again!

Jack's been at at 12 months now, me, missed Oct, part of Dec and Feb, Bruce bit like me, but solid since Jan I think, and many others here are old timers too! I'm quite happy to occassionally go back over the last year and revisit some of my posted shots, and other's contributions, to see progress (?) and where I could improve. Many I revisited over the challenges to shoot again. It's been a fair dinkum ridgy didge ride, and I reckon I'll hang in a bit longer! We're a weird mob!

Cheers Paddy

PS Maybe the best bit...people you've never met before, from all over the world, become mates...like you would know them if you met them in the street!
08-11-2011, 06:46 AM   #88
Inactive Account

I hope everyone participating is posting in the daily group threads and (if you have flickr) is also uploading to the group on Flickr.. Great stuff from everyone so far. As said, now the grind kind of begins. I've been at this since November.

08-11-2011, 06:55 AM   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It has been great to see the new participants and I agree that the shots have been great even if I have not had time to comment much. I have found week two a grind but more because of the recent upheavals at home that have drained much of my creative spirit. I am hoping for a second wind as the mid-point nears...
08-11-2011, 08:46 AM   #90
Banned

Folks, I think I'm out. I've already missed 3 days and I'm busy with a lot of things on my plate right now. Unless I have the time to shoot my shots AND be able to return the favor of commenting on others shots I don't think I'm doing the contest justice. I'll keep peeking in from time-to-time though. Have fun!