Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 23,804
I don't think there are too many attempts to emulate the Mosquito Festival in Clute TX.

Jer







08-02-2011, 06:57 PM   #17
Pentaxian
SpecialK's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: So California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 16,313
It snowed.







08-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #18
Veteran Member
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,915
Nice one Jer (we may not celebrate that here but I am sure I saw that mosquito here.) I can so relate to snow SpecialK.

Only in Vegas can you do your 25th Wedidng vow renewal by Elvis ...


08-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 23,804
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Nice one Jer (we may not celebrate that here but I am sure I saw that mosquito here.) I can so relate to snow SpecialK.

Only in Vegas can you do your 25th Wedidng vow renewal by Elvis ...
Wow - I didn't know Elvis would do that!! So . . . .thank ya, thank ya, thank ya vera much for the info . You know, I've been all over the US, a fair amount of Canada and Mexico, much of Europe and several pieces of the Carribean - but I've never been to Vegas . We gotta try that sometime.

Jer

08-03-2011, 05:24 AM   #20
Veteran Member
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,915
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Wow - I didn't know Elvis would do that!! So . . . .thank ya, thank ya, thank ya vera much for the info . You know, I've been all over the US, a fair amount of Canada and Mexico, much of Europe and several pieces of the Carribean - but I've never been to Vegas . We gotta try that sometime.

Jer
haha and you are relativley close - You are a seasoned traveller for sure. I would highly recommend at least one trip to Vegas , even if you don't gamble, the pure decandence of some of the Casino's is a site to see (Mandalay Bay,The Venetian , Ceasars, The Wynn, etc), The free night shows (Bellagio Water Show, Treasure Island Pirate Show, Mirrage Volcano, Wynn Light Show, Downtown Freemont Street, Rio Carnival, etc). Also some of the best resturants I have ever been to. And of course so many paid shows (Can't go wrong with a Cirque du Soleil show , La Reve has been our favorite to date) you can be entertained for a few days for sure.

The above was in Graceland Chappel (a few celebraties were married there including Bob Jovi - and yes they have ordained ministers and priests as well as Elvis) - it was quite an expereicne, Elvis sang a couple of songs and did the ceremony. We really enjoyed it. (and for photo's they let us buy the JPG which is cool as of course no camera's were allowed)

Last edited by daacon; 08-03-2011 at 05:35 AM.
08-05-2011, 04:47 PM   #21
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 392
Only in Texas

Where can you find 10 Cadillacs, with bright graffiti on them, half buried in the ground, at the same angle as the Great pyramid of Giza? Answer - Amarillo- Texas. This delightfully eccentric creation is sponsored by a local millionaire - Stanley Marsh. The man has some peculiar devotion to art - he has several other exhibits spread across Amarillo - including fake traffic signs.





cheers

Last edited by dexmus; 08-05-2011 at 04:57 PM.
08-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #22
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,356
Original Poster
I bet there are a lot of interesting things you can only find in Texas.

08-06-2011, 09:49 AM   #23
Veteran Member
RioRico's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Limbo, California
Posts: 11,264
QuoteOriginally posted by fuent104 Quote
I bet there are a lot of interesting things you can only find in Texas.
And many that will make you run, screaming...
10-29-2011, 09:51 PM   #24
Pentaxian
SpecialK's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: So California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 16,313
12-08-2014, 09:15 PM   #25
Pentaxian
Sage97's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,030
QuoteOriginally posted by dexmus Quote
Where can you find 10 Cadillacs, with bright graffiti on them, half buried in the ground, at the same angle as the Great pyramid of Giza? Answer - Amarillo- Texas. This delightfully eccentric creation is sponsored by a local millionaire - Stanley Marsh. The man has some peculiar devotion to art - he has several other exhibits spread across Amarillo - including fake traffic signs.





cheers
I agree.
12-11-2014, 02:20 PM   #26
Veteran Member
Nowhere Matt's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nowhere Land
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,328






Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi from California benhai Welcomes and Introductions 4 05-18-2011 09:30 AM
Hi from California cerebrate Welcomes and Introductions 2 10-21-2010 04:54 AM
Hello from California Harry37 Welcomes and Introductions 3 08-03-2010 11:48 AM
Hello from California laura Welcomes and Introductions 6 05-31-2010 10:15 AM
Hello from California marimba Welcomes and Introductions 3 05-12-2010 09:49 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:05 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top