Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Winner - PP Challenge #45

Thanks for all the entries to this weeks PP challenge.

JeffJS - I like how you brightened up the image, but it does accentuate the different temperatures of the lighting on the building.

Graham V – Nice B&W conversion. I like the what you did with the people.

Ramseybuckeye – Good cropping and straightening, but the image is a little dark.

Just1MoreDave – Nice and bright. I like how you adjusted the color temperature of the lighting. Addition of the moon is a good idea – I would have liked to see a bigger moon.

atupdate – Very bright, clear image, Nice work adjusting the color with a kind of desaturated look to it. Adding the moon and clouds was nice, but a I would have like to see the moon and clouds a little larger.

Ansbert – Your image is a little small to see much detail. I do like how you made the tower brighter than the rest of the building.

I had a hard time deciding between the images submitted by Just1MoreDave and atupdate. Both are very good and both give me some good ideas for PP of night photography. After a lot of thought I’ve decided to give the nod to Just1MoreDave as the winner of this weeks PP challenge. But atupdate did an excellent job as well.

Winner – Just1MoreDave

07-30-2011, 10:04 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats Dave on a good job with this image.
07-31-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice job Dave! Thanks Frank!
07-31-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations Dave. Looking forward to seeing what you offer up to play with.

Tim

07-31-2011, 08:09 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Thanks, everyone! I was reading this and said out loud, "Hey, I won!" My wife: "The lottery?" I guess she had higher expectations. I just put up a new challenge, working sort of backward here.
08-02-2011, 09:17 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Well done Dave, sorry I missed this one even though I had a pic ready...whoops!