Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6153 Likes Search this Thread
09-26-2019, 06:56 AM   #5596
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by idfox63 Quote
it looks like I won't be able to get the new Pentax camera next year...
Photo taken with K-3 II + reversed Exakta 28mm f 2.8 + SN600 FGZ Flash unit.
You definitely know how to work with what you have. Good luck fixing the damage.

09-26-2019, 10:00 AM - 5 Likes   #5597
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by idfox63 Quote
Not quite the usual insects posted here, but they're still insects though...
Nice shot of a really unfortunate situation... Hope you can get everything sorted out!

A couple more from this summer:

09-26-2019, 10:59 AM - 3 Likes   #5598
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They'r slowly making a comeback

09-30-2019, 07:24 PM - 1 Like   #5599
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Juvenile Blue Dasher

10-01-2019, 04:25 AM - 1 Like   #5600
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

10-02-2019, 05:19 AM - 6 Likes   #5601
Pentaxian

Reposted from K-3 Sample Shots, four shots of the same Red Milkweed Beetle. I suppose if I was playing forum games, I'd put one per post and make four posts...

10-02-2019, 05:52 AM   #5602
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Reposted from K-3 Sample Shots, four shots of the same Red Milkweed Beetle. I suppose if I was playing forum games, I'd put one per post and make four posts...
I don't see that as games, though I suppose people might do things for that kind of reason. For me, if I like a picture, I click the like button. But if there are four pictures and I only like one of them, then I don't "like" the entire post, so it gets no button-press from me. In this case, I liked all of your pictures, so I did "like" the post. I take the position that if I fail to "like" a post, it doesn't mean or imply that I DISlike it, only that I didn't "like" it. Not sure whether having things "liked" is of any importance to anyone, but that's my two-bits worth.

And while I'm making general observations, I think it would be nice if people would at least state which camera/lens combination they used to take the picture. I realize I could click the picture and see EXIF data on Flickr, but I'd rather not take that tangent if I don't have to. And it would be even nicer if one were to indicate the ISO value, shutter speed, and aperture setting as well. That only applies to pictures imported from other sites, of course, if we post the picture directly on this site, the EXIF data is immediately available, so usually no other helps are needed. I find I learn a lot from looking at how other people do things with the light they capture.

10-02-2019, 06:05 AM   #5603
vtn

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
keeled skimmer - the species is a fairly regular visitor to our garden - this one has a broken or deformed front right leg, but otherwise very nice

Super
10-02-2019, 06:06 AM   #5604
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote

And while I'm making general observations, I think it would be nice if people would at least state which camera/lens combination they used to take the picture. I realize I could click the picture and see EXIF data on Flickr, but I'd rather not take that tangent if I don't have to. And it would be even nicer if one were to indicate the ISO value, shutter speed, and aperture setting as well. That only applies to pictures imported from other sites, of course, if we post the picture directly on this site, the EXIF data is immediately available, so usually no other helps are needed. I find I learn a lot from looking at how other people do things with the light they capture.
That's a useful reminder, a little information is quick enough to add.
10-02-2019, 09:03 AM   #5605

Pelecinus polyturato. I'm 45 and never seen one in person before.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
10-02-2019, 11:21 AM - 2 Likes   #5606
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

10-02-2019, 04:19 PM   #5607
Pentaxian

Very Halloween.
10-03-2019, 12:31 AM - 1 Like   #5608
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
You definitely know how to work with what you have. Good luck fixing the damage.
Nice shot of a really unfortunate situation... Hope you can get everything sorted out!
Thank you! The renovation is currently underway, and probably will take a month to finish. The pest control guys found TWO nests inside the wall, so that wall had to be taken down and rebuilt. Turns out there's a small hollow space between my house's wall and the neighbor's, and the termites built their home in between... while eating the wooden beams in my house AND my neighbor's. When their nest gets even bigger, they expand into the wall by tunneling through the cement and bricks. Smart little buggers. It's unfortunate that we can't coexist with termites, so they had to go.
In the meantime, here's a pic of a forest ant I took during my trip to Bali last August, taken with K-3 II & smc A 100mm F4 Macro:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
10-03-2019, 12:47 AM   #5609
Pentaxian

Superb images! Top class macro photography...
10-03-2019, 01:30 AM   #5610
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Locust