Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
One side of me wants to participate again, but I still have 3 Nikon mount lenses that have yet to see a light of the day... Are the "other" brands allowed?

Regards,
D

08-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For me, no problem, as they would be on a Pentax camera. At least, I hope that is the plan.

Tim mentioned a a Nikon (or 2) lenses he has as well.
08-30-2011, 03:49 PM   #18
Veteran Member

LOL No, Bruce, these three are Nikon mount, D200 is getting jealous They really are very fine lenses, and I have to learn their "treats"... Well, one of them I guess you could say "Pentax counter part" - Tokina 12-24mm F4, the others are not...

Regards,
D
08-30-2011, 04:22 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Nikkor lens I mentioned and have recently acquired, has been converted to K mount.

08-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unlike those of you with a wealth of choices, I only have one lens left that has not been used for a Single In challenge though there was a time when I used this lens exclusively. That is my DA* 16-50 which is just back from its inevitable rehab. I just don't know how I feel about dragging this behemoth around for a month...
08-30-2011, 06:02 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jmschrei Quote
Unlike those of you with a wealth of choices, I only have one lens left that has not been used for a Single In challenge though there was a time when I used this lens exclusively. That is my DA* 16-50 which is just back from its inevitable rehab. I just don't know how I feel about dragging this behemoth around for a month...
Each new month "resets" your counter, so there is no reason you can't re-use a lens you have used before. The mini challenge is about having fun too!
I'm sure I can still learn more about every lens I have used so far.

Cheers
J.
08-30-2011, 06:43 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Just remembered, I've gotten a great deal on some Lensbaby accessories package from KEH some weeks back. One of them is in optic insert I've yet to use - Pinhole/Zoneplate...

I guess this would be a good way to learn it? Though, the wooooping aperture of f/177 and f/19 respectively, I think it would be very tough to do for me every day. I may have to actually reserve to the weekend to do all the "week's worth" shots...

I'll haul it with me tomorrow, after getting the final shot for August, I'll give it a try to know if I can commit to it.

Regards,
D

08-30-2011, 07:15 PM   #23
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
That's a lot of nice glass to stay in a bag. Maybe you should participate 7 times this month.
Nah, One time a month is quite enough. I struggle to come up with shots most days as it is. Yes, It's a lot of nice glass to stay in a bag. That's why my wallet has been closed to new lenses for the last several months unless it's something I Really want.

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
Wow, that is some nice glass. If I were traveling in September, I'ld go with either the DA 12-24 or the DA 35. If you are going to see some fall color that might move my decision. I believe that the Nokton is a difficult lens to use for general photography, although I'm likely to do a month with it too just for the challenge of it. For me I'd have a hard time with a 200mm lens all month. Well whatever you choose, you will amaze us for sure.
No, not going to be 200mm. That would just be insane on my part. I was actually considering the 12-24 but everything has been late this year so I may keep it for October. Still don't know yet, the 58 is definitely a contender. Haven't used that solid focal length since February with the DA*55..

08-30-2011, 08:03 PM - 2 Likes   #24
Veteran Member

Ok I am back... a year later... since Single in Sept 2010.... My father passed away, I became a father, I bought a house (built a deck, lawn, ect), have a second child on the way, bought the firm I work for, Sister got married, became an uncle for the first time, travelled and even managed to take some photos along the way.... I am hoping Single in Sept 2011 is a kick to an even busier 2012 with two under two and various other 'fun'!

My lens this time is a Jup-9 85mm f/2
08-31-2011, 12:36 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Whoa! icywarm, I thought I had busy days whae I arranged puppet theatre festival and had a premies with my solo work last weekend...

I wan't to be in at september too. I know I would have fun with my new s.tak 35/3.5, but I want to try out my s.tak 105/2.8, so it will be my choise for next month.
08-31-2011, 02:28 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Duh_Vinci Quote
Just remembered, I've gotten a great deal on some Lensbaby accessories package from KEH some weeks back. One of them is in optic insert I've yet to use - Pinhole/Zoneplate...

I guess this would be a good way to learn it? Though, the wooooping aperture of f/177 and f/19 respectively, I think it would be very tough to do for me every day. I may have to actually reserve to the weekend to do all the "week's worth" shots...

I'll haul it with me tomorrow, after getting the final shot for August, I'll give it a try to know if I can commit to it.

Regards,
D
Dmitri, after seeing great, great examples with the plastic lens this month, I'm looking forward to your contribution next month with the lensbaby things!!!!
I am thinking about participating again.... But August wasn't simple for me, and not very inspiring. So, if I want to have some fun with the SiS challenge, I
have to think of something creative, a theme, a special treat, something like that.... So, if I can come up with something, I will join, otherwise I will
skip this one....
08-31-2011, 04:58 AM   #27
Veteran Member

I am torn between My M100 f2.8 or maybe k135. i'll save wider for october in Barcelona
have the 100 with me today i'll walk home with it and see how it goes
08-31-2011, 05:13 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just posted the last one for this month. Thanks for all the comments and I am sorry if I missed any of your pictures or didn't leave a comment. I tried!

@icywarm I am surprised you had anytime to take pictures at all!

See you in September!
08-31-2011, 05:40 AM   #29
Inactive Account

Well, roll on September. Like Pat, I missed a few comments, August was almost huge..well biggish. Sorry if I didn't get everyone.

Now if that fella starts wavin' that lensbaby around again...I'll...I'll..strewth, I bought one of the buggers after seein' his last effort. And there's another fella ta blame for the Vivitar I used a cuppla months ago! LBA be buggered!

Should be another bonzer month!

Cheers Paddy
08-31-2011, 06:32 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I'm in and I will be using my Tamron AF 18-250mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II LD [IF] lens this month.
I know Bramela will be using the Pentax branded same lens, it will be interesting to compare the two, I don't mean to steal his thunder (Hi Bruce).

I will be having some surgery on Friday 2nd September, but I will try to keep posting daily (it's nothing serious).
After all, Nothing is really difficult!
J.