Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2011, 11:48 PM   #106
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, some really good stuff coming out. Sorry I haven't commented on photos as much as other people, work's a nightmare at the moment (new contract, short deadline) so I've just about got time to take pictures but not much time to mess about on forums!

Thanks for the nice comments on my photos - I will mention, though, that there's no need to say mine are any good if you don't think they are - might save someone some time.

I seem to have filled my 'album' space but still have some spare bytes in my 'gallery', I wonder why they're counted separately?

09-17-2011, 05:01 PM   #107
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations to everyone on passing the halfway mark. Some awesome shots this month. I have been rather pleased with my DA* 16-50 but suspect I will still be hard pressed to drag it around much once the month is over (unless I need a weather sealed lens). In fact my camera fell about 3 feet yesterday onto cement but fortunately all is intact and functioning. Quite honestly though I was relieved that it was not one of my precious primes taking the plunge!
09-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #108
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jmschrei Quote
Congratulations to everyone on passing the halfway mark. Some awesome shots this month. I have been rather pleased with my DA* 16-50 but suspect I will still be hard pressed to drag it around much once the month is over (unless I need a weather sealed lens). In fact my camera fell about 3 feet yesterday onto cement but fortunately all is intact and functioning. Quite honestly though I was relieved that it was not one of my precious primes taking the plunge!
Ouch!
09-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #109
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey folks, Itried to get some commenting in today, and I do have a couple of pics to post, but so little time. I should have bounced out of Sept knowing how busy I was going to be.. pooor showing. At any rate, know that I'm doing what I can. Keep up the good work - some real nice shots this past week. Cheers.

09-18-2011, 08:10 PM   #110
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Do what you can. We all have had our moments in this game, I think it's safe to say, we all understand. Hang in there if you can.
09-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #111
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Hey folks, Itried to get some commenting in today, and I do have a couple of pics to post, but so little time. I should have bounced out of Sept knowing how busy I was going to be.. pooor showing. At any rate, know that I'm doing what I can. Keep up the good work - some real nice shots this past week. Cheers.
I know exactly what you mean. I have been busy too now and then. just hang in there. I hope busyness will ease after some time, don't take too much extra stress by this...
09-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #112
Veteran Member

Hello, everyone. Sorry to see that mdf's moving on and that Eddie's a scratch. Just had a query from someone who wanted to know how to get in on the fun so I directed him to this thread. I've been so swamped this year that I'm still working on scanning (let alone doing the pp for) my negs from August. Very glad to see that this tradition's made a whole year, though!

09-23-2011, 10:13 AM   #113
Veteran Member

Bad news for me!
Traffic accident caused one of the cars to be towed. Inside was my Pentax and Porst 28mm.
Don't know when I will get it back, so for now, I am out of the competition.
Thankfully no one was injured in the process but the insurance crap will be costly.
If I get the camera and lens by the weekend, I will continue but if not I will bid adieu to this month.
Carry on all. There is some great work out there.
09-23-2011, 10:17 AM   #114
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No! Not fair! Sorry Jools, hope you get that taken care of soon.

I will be off line from 9/28 through the first week of October. I'll post when and if I can and will most definitely be shooting but I'll be mostly off the internet. [gasp!]
09-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #115
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jools Quote
Bad news for me!
Traffic accident caused one of the cars to be towed. Inside was my Pentax and Porst 28mm.
Thankfully no one was injured in the process but the insurance crap will be costly.
If I get the camera and lens by the weekend, I will continue but if not I will bid adieu to this month.
Glad to hear that everyone is okay, at least.
09-23-2011, 04:15 PM   #116
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Glad you are ok Jools.
09-24-2011, 11:54 AM   #117
Pentaxian

Good to hear that you are okay Jools! Accidents can be nasty sometimes.
09-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #118
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bad news for me!
Well there are probably easier (and cheaper) ways to get out of a Single In challenge! Just kidding, glad to hear that you and the camera are okay if separated. I hope the repercussions are not too costly.
09-24-2011, 10:53 PM   #119
Veteran Member

Bad news for me! Traffic accident caused one of the cars to be towed. Inside was my Pentax and Porst 28mm. Don't know when I will get it back, so for now, I am out of the competition. Thankfully no one was injured in the process but the insurance crap will be costly. If I get the camera and lens by the weekend, I will continue but if not I will bid adieu to this month. Carry on all. There is some great work out there.
Sorry to hear this, buddy. Hope it doesn't run into too much cash. It's good to hear no one was injured. Good luck!
Bruce
09-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #120
Veteran Member

I have to apologize to everyone who posted their photos on Flikr. I don't have an account, so can't leave comments.