Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
10-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
You always put it in perspective Paddy. Guess I'll have to hoist a recently kegged Porter tonight. Or should I go with the IPA? Decisions, decisions. Since I'll be sending in my K20 for cleaning, I'll be out after this month, though it's only my 6th one of these challenges (not like you gluttons for punishment going a whole year of months). I've been going thru my film bodies and am getting excited about Novembeer shooting, but couldn't possibly do it as a SiN challenge with film. Now, which body to choose? Actually, I already know, it's a K2 I picked up with my K 55/1.8 from last month's challenge. Anywho, glad your back Jeff.

I may be the odd man out here, but I never considered shooting every single day as a must, but rather an incentive. Some of the summer months I didn't participate in were months I shot very little, as I got involved in other projects. I missed shooting. So, maybe it's time to change up the challenge a little or start a new one for November. Still the one lens, but to take a little pressure off and allow for busy/bad days a weekly folder instead. Shoot every day if you want, but at least once a week and then maybe post an extra shot or two. We've allowed extras to post on bad days anyway, why not just make it part of the norm?

Thoughts?

10-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #47
Inactive Account

I've never considered it a 'must'. It's more of an obligation to myself (and to the group) to stay committed to something I signed up for. I doubt anyone noticed but I didn't quite finish September either. Other more pressing obligations got in the way. The overall challenge for me has been to become better at this photography thing. Just like everyone else, it's just a snapshot for the day from me many times but the photos I've Planned, and spent time Making, I'm actually quite proud of (especially Aug 5 and 12, those two still put a proud grin on my face). The group seems to have enjoyed them as well and That's what motivates me at times. With the snapshots, it becomes How do I present what I have so it doesn't look exactly like what it is (rhetorical question but I welcome any suggestions people have)? Though it's been a goal in the back of my mind, I can't look at this as going for an entire year. It would then Really get old, Fast.

Speaking of commitments, a couple people from the marketplace are waiting for film cameras (and I need a shot for the day )..

10-21-2011, 11:12 AM   #48
Pentaxian

Jheu02. This this is interesting wuestion to have all a round. Perk in for this month with your shots with (?) lens. But it sjould make it differnt though. Maybe a challenge on it's own in this case

BTW I do thonk too that it is exhausting to try to make a good shot for the day. Also it is interesting to see these shots because you can see not the lens and effort( now this get's to the point of my shot to day ) behind the scenes shot. It is as interesting as shots 'made with great
effort' as this is my day today. This has been on blackboard before and it is nice to keep it there too...

Well I don't know where I'm getting here, but still I just wanted to say this... Keep it up all of you.
10-24-2011, 05:59 AM   #49

Photos: Albums
I'm not gonna lie (and it's not hard to tell) that these challenges are HARD and trying to take a "good" photo is getting harder and harder to do during the week but hopefully the story the photos tell and the "little insight into" me makes them semi-worth taking a gander at :-D I'm loving everyone's photos even if I rarely comment on them (I'm just not.er...qualified to really comment on the composition or technical aspects lol) but really they do give me a li'l inspiration when I need it. Thanks, guys and gals!

10-24-2011, 06:23 AM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Hambino Quote
I'm loving everyone's photos even if I rarely comment on them (I'm just not.er...qualified to really comment on the composition or technical aspects lol) but really they do give me a li'l inspiration when I need it.
Ahh, but you are qualified as the last part of you sentence shows. Just let us know what you liked (or didn't like) about the shots, even if it's just "made me laugh" or "liked the light, colors, etc..."
10-24-2011, 07:05 AM   #51
Inactive Account

I'm not qualified either but that's never stopped me from doing anything. Getting Paid for it, another story.

10-24-2011, 07:51 AM   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

All comments on these thread are a well practiced form of on the job commenting. jheu02's got it spot on.

10-24-2011, 07:59 AM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have you read my comments?
Can't be any worse!
10-24-2011, 09:20 AM   #54
Pentaxian

Or mine comments...
10-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #55

just in case you were wondering, here's what I bought last night at the Family mart. Its wrapped in such a way that the plastic is between the rice and the seaweed. If you don't open it following the instructions, then the seaweed breaks and flakes off and is just plain messy not to mention your rice is partially naked! However, if you open it according to the instructions then the plastic come off in three sections and its like the seaweed and rice had been married the whole time! :-D
10-26-2011, 10:01 AM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok, so I'll start it (or continue if I missed it). Who's up for Single in November? (sounds of groans from the forum)

Well, I am and I'm starting to once again do the wondering as to what I'll be shooting the whole month. I have two new to me interesting 24mm lenses I've been wanting to give a workout to and the Samyang 100-500 (aka rocket launcher) is still something I want to try and there are a few more too. I'm considering several themes like - around town, or local old barns but not sure on those either.

So, any takers? Any ideas?
10-26-2011, 10:52 AM   #57
Inactive Account

Groan! I don't know yet but if I Do, I'm going with a 'normal' zoom range. Something like the DA*16-50.

10-26-2011, 03:07 PM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
Ok, so I'll start it (or continue if I missed it). Who's up for Single in November? (sounds of groans from the forum)

Well, I am and I'm starting to once again do the wondering as to what I'll be shooting the whole month. I have two new to me interesting 24mm lenses I've been wanting to give a workout to and the Samyang 100-500 (aka rocket launcher) is still something I want to try and there are a few more too. I'm considering several themes like - around town, or local old barns but not sure on those either.

So, any takers? Any ideas?
Sure, I'll be in for another month.
I might loosely call my theme "celebration of Adelaide".
I'm leaning toward a Sigma 30mm 1.4 I've hardly used in the last year, and maybe use either the K-r or K-5 for some really low-light (and low-life ) shots.
10-26-2011, 05:07 PM   #59

I'm still undecided. I miss my 50 dearly and so that may push me towards hanging out with it for a full month :-D too bad my 21 isn't gonna be here in time to start lol TBD...
10-26-2011, 10:36 PM   #60
Pentaxian

I'm sitting on the fence here, wether to stay in or stay on hold untill december. I'm gonna have a massivly busy month next month.