Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2011, 09:11 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think we all got a little tired of using the same lens each month. For me it was usually a question of the focal length more than the lens itself.

I would be up for putting the Single challenge on hold for a while and doing something which still requires daily photos but in a different spirit, maybe theme based. Something we can either commit to as a group (a common theme) or individual choice. Either way, you'd be able to use any lens as long as you're sticking to the theme. I guess single in December was sort of like that. I think there's enough of us from various parts of the world to make this interesting.

For example a common theme could be "Home" or "Vehicles". An individual theme could be a hobby or a photography technique you want to work on (in my case lighting with flashes).

Opinions?

11-28-2011, 03:15 PM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'd like to use a few different lenses (I'm a collector like Tim) for December, but would like to maybe post at least 2 per week at a minimum, without a maximum, because sometimes shots are hard to get, then the next day you get way too many.
11-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I just checked and discovered I have enough lenses to cover the month too . I wonder where they all came from?
I had an idea for a theme of "heavy and light" or "long and short" going by the physical attributes of then lenses. Another thing I thought of was a cross-post race. I would use different lenses to cross post into different lens clubs. I suppose it would promote the Singles Challenge too.
11-29-2011, 06:20 AM   #64
Veteran Member

Heya :-)

I think the idea of a thematic single challenge is great. Lets say that it's March and I will do a Spring challenge. That will be the only limit. This way we can use any lens and do as many or few shots as we like and still enjoy each others work in the group. I had a lot of fun shooting churches as a theme a few months back but my day job killed the month for me in the end.

I would love to do a Christmas themed December single challenge.

11-29-2011, 07:06 AM   #65
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, we have a number of similar but a bit different ideas here. So...what are we going to do for Something in December? It may just come down to Anything Goes in December. I'm going to pick and choose here.

I think - for me - that it will be 'Anything Goes in December' with a theme. I will use a different lens each day with no repeats in the whole month and I will take pictures of Christmas / New Years decorations or activities over the whole months. I'm going to work first with lenses I haven't used yet and if I run low, I'll be dipping into those I've already used. Every image will be posted with the lens in the title to keep it clear.

In January, if we can figure out some sort of less intensive weekly deal, I'd be likely to continue.

Tim
11-29-2011, 07:34 AM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi there! A Christmas themed project without a strict lens or daily restriction would appeal to me if you are planning an "Anything goes" December. I will be going into the hospital for a few days early next month and then have four weeks or so off for recovery, so although I likely would not produce much for a week, such a project would give me motivation to make use of my tripod and flash and record the season close to home.
11-29-2011, 02:39 PM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'll vote for anything goes, with a loose Christmas theme.

11-29-2011, 10:36 PM   #68
Veteran Member

Ok, i will go along with that suggestion.

I was very hesitant about going in December at all, but I will see what I can come up with.
Not a lot of variation happens around this town at Christmas, so it may be a bit difficult to get a lot of shots.
11-30-2011, 01:11 AM   #69
Inactive Account

Aaah, gudday!

I sorta reckon the anything goes is apples fa me cobbers, a happy snap with whatever lense strikes ya fancy on the day, Just for December eh! Like I jabbered earlier, sumofuz have been grinding away at this for a while (did I mention Stills?), and the idea of a bloody freehandhand month is a pearler I reckon!

Still one shot a day...or when the urge takes, that's the question ..

"whether 'tis nobler in the mind,
to suffer the slings and arrows of outragious fortune,
or take up arms against a sea troubles,
and by opposing end the....", what am I saying!

Cheers Paddy
11-30-2011, 05:14 AM   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I don't see a new thread for December yet so I will post one now. Please give it a check and see if I got everything straight.
Thanks!
11-30-2011, 06:39 AM   #71
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for posting that. I think you need a link to the flickr site.
11-30-2011, 07:15 AM   #72
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Done!
11-30-2011, 12:34 PM   #73
Pentaxian

As I thought I had a REALLY intensive month, but I'll be back for december. Congrats for you all for November. Nice thoughts for making this trial more interesting.
12-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #74
Veteran Member

Ack, I dropped out pretty readily in November (I'm sorry!). I think I'd like to post sporadically in December, the themes are fun but I hit a roadblock and missed a couple of days and suddenly a cold happened to me and I was out for two weeks with no motivation. I have probably a half dozen that I still need to process for November. So much for no lame excuses, huh? XD

I'll be looking forward to this December and seeing what happens. I like the idea of anything goes for this month. Maybe the "Single" challenges could be an introduction into the club, because a single lens welded for a month really showed me a lot about that lens (and a bunch of other things).