Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1116 Likes Search this Thread
06-29-2020, 11:53 PM - 1 Like   #916
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JHfwp Quote
I thought without seeing your name that it felt like your work. Great image!
I do hope that's a good thing?... as I have spent a long time developing a look/feel/brand to my imagery.

07-01-2020, 08:14 PM   #917
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I do hope that's a good thing?... as I have spent a long time developing a look/feel/brand to my imagery.
Absolutely. Maybe it's luck of the draw, I'm not super active, but every image of yours that I can recall (going back a few years now or more) has made an impression on me. There seems to be a certain quality to the light in your images--the way it compliments your subjects... Plus the toning just speaks to me. It doesn't overpower your images, but it signals something in me, and leaves me transfixed.

I hope that came out as intended. I could try and go on but I've had a long and exhausting day!

But I do really love seeing your images. Sorry I didn't respond sooner.
07-02-2020, 12:45 AM - 1 Like   #918
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by JHfwp Quote
Absolutely. Maybe it's luck of the draw, I'm not super active, but every image of yours that I can recall (going back a few years now or more) has made an impression on me. There seems to be a certain quality to the light in your images--the way it compliments your subjects... Plus the toning just speaks to me. It doesn't overpower your images, but it signals something in me, and leaves me transfixed.

I hope that came out as intended. I could try and go on but I've had a long and exhausting day!

But I do really love seeing your images. Sorry I didn't respond sooner.
Many thanks for your kind comments and subsequent vote of confidence.

Your thoughts I'm pleased to say... do in fact match up with that of others, whom have mentioned this to me, both here on the forum and elsewhere.

So perhaps I've got my branding right... just wish my clients were a little more observant as you.
07-03-2020, 09:00 PM - 3 Likes   #919
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

07-04-2020, 11:56 AM - 1 Like   #920
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
Are those the biggest "has bins" in your neighborhood?
07-04-2020, 12:01 PM - 1 Like   #921
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
Are those the biggest "has bins" in your neighborhood?

no - there's a farmer to the northwest that has this guy beat....
07-04-2020, 04:01 PM   #922
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sheep shearing demonstration

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-TZ5  Photo 
07-16-2020, 12:03 PM - 1 Like   #923
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

07-20-2020, 10:29 AM - 3 Likes   #924
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Evening at the cabbage field...
07-25-2020, 09:09 AM - 1 Like   #925
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was lucky to catch the sunset's reflection near the top of the hill Lumix LX3:

07-25-2020, 10:34 PM - 2 Likes   #926
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here in Central Pennsylvania:
Attached Images

07-27-2020, 06:26 PM   #927
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We used to have a round barn in Fulton County, Illinois. Before we moved here over 35 years ago, we traveled here several times, and once while passing that barn in a car driven by a local we were treated to the following very brief story:

"That's the barn where that old farmer died. He couldn't find a corner where he could take a pee."
07-28-2020, 06:21 AM   #928
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There's a famous cylindrical barn in western Mass, built by the Shakers. It's strengths and weaknesses were discussed in a few back-and-forth posts maybe two or three years ago. One bother = every board in the roof, or nearly every one, must be ripped down its length to fit with the possibility of a great deal of waste lumber. If the sheathing on the roof is laid cross-wise rather than peak-to-eaves, then every piece must be angle cut at the end to fit properly (only one end for most pieces as you automatically get two correctly angled ends with one cut). Theoretically the vertical boards forming the walls should be bevel-ripped down their length on each side for a perfect fit, but in practice such tight fitting of adjacent planks in the walls of a barn is unnecessary. If the wall planking is laid horizontally, every board must be bent like those that go into the hull of a wooden boat/ship. The horizontal members to which the wall planking is nailed should have a circular outer shape, which means massive timbers and a real bother cutting if you're using hand tools. A cylindrical barn takes a lot more complex carpentry than a boxy one, which explains why such structures are uncommon or rare, stand out as unusual and become landmarks

Last edited by WPRESTO; 07-28-2020 at 06:30 AM.
07-28-2020, 09:10 AM   #929
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
There's a famous cylindrical barn in western Mass, built by the Shakers. It's strengths and weaknesses were discussed in a few back-and-forth posts maybe two or three years ago. One bother = every board in the roof, or nearly every one, must be ripped down its length to fit with the possibility of a great deal of waste lumber. If the sheathing on the roof is laid cross-wise rather than peak-to-eaves, then every piece must be angle cut at the end to fit properly (only one end for most pieces as you automatically get two correctly angled ends with one cut). Theoretically the vertical boards forming the walls should be bevel-ripped down their length on each side for a perfect fit, but in practice such tight fitting of adjacent planks in the walls of a barn is unnecessary. If the wall planking is laid horizontally, every board must be bent like those that go into the hull of a wooden boat/ship. The horizontal members to which the wall planking is nailed should have a circular outer shape, which means massive timbers and a real bother cutting if you're using hand tools. A cylindrical barn takes a lot more complex carpentry than a boxy one, which explains why such structures are uncommon or rare, stand out as unusual and become landmarks
This round barn is located in Centre Hall, Pennsylvania and was built in 1910. The only other one in PA is located near Gettysburg.
07-28-2020, 09:36 AM   #930
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Treeline behind very weedy, very late-planted soybean field.

Spiratone Flat-field f3.5 75mm bellows lens on 10mm extension tube (approx infinity focus), f11 + Pentax K110D.