Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Challenge 55 winner

Thanks to all for participating in PP Challenge 55! As usual it's fascinating to see the different interpretations, and difficult to choose a winner from among them. Well done, all.

By the way, I've traced the flight path based on other photos and identified the town as Levan, Utah.

Tim/atupdate: a clean rendering with good contrast and a humorous creative addition. A stark color palette but it works. I'm not sure about the size of that jet, though ...

Tess: Bringing out all the detail and with a bright and saturated color palette. A little on the fantastic side, but again it works.

fgone: thanks for the entry, even though you couldn't compete this time! Next time I hope you can, because that is a very fine rendering.

Eddie: high contrast B&W, verging on abstract with the patterns of the fields. Does lose quite a bit of detail in the highlights but it has impact.

Bill: nice subtle rendering, good range of tones. Color range a bit too green for my liking but I do like the softer/dreamier feel this one has.

kyc: quite effective with the clouds out of the frame. I'd like to see the "paper" and its shadow done in a more photorealistic way; also more contrast in the actual image.

And the winner is: Tess!

12-13-2011, 07:14 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
Tim/atupdate: a clean rendering with good contrast and a humorous creative addition. A stark color palette but it works. I'm not sure about the size of that jet, though ...
No one said that the flight path had to be FAA approved. Thanks for hosting the challenge and congratulations to Tess.

Tim
12-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Thanks baronite!! I was wondering if it was over the top colour wise, but am glad you liked it anyway! It was a lot of fun to work on! Thanks too Tim... I thought the added plane was a very cool idea and the shadow perfectly placed.

I guess I need to find an image for people to work on ... hopefully as interesting as the last couple of comps.

cheers and thanks again
12-14-2011, 12:06 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice Job Tess... Looking forward to the next challenge...

12-14-2011, 06:10 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Thanks Edward!

I just posted an image for comp. 56. Hope it is challenging enough.

cheers!
12-16-2011, 09:39 PM   #6

Thanks Baronite: learning a lot from everyone here!

Bill