Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
02-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zorglub Quote
End of pep talk
Its just about taking pics - getting out there and doing it is the best way to get better. Two Thumbs Up to Torben for his pep talk.

02-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Its just about taking pics - getting out there and doing it is the best way to get better. Two Thumbs Up to Torben for his pep talk.
"...and we shall go out and CONQUER!!!!"

sorry, in a bit of a silly mood today...
02-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
No way that lasagna was a safety shot! It looked SO delicious!
Torben is right that the comments are fun too! There are pictures that i want to comment on this month but can't
Anybody need any help?
02-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey Guys - thought I'd broadcast a short note about that video clip -
The wide angle makes it feel like I was zoooooming along. Really, I was slightly stooped over with the camera held between my knees so quite low to the ground - and I was making quite a slow pace about the rink. I think it had the desired effect. As for the still I posted, I was actually prone on the ice - but not by falling - outdoor skating is not so hazardous as the ice does not get groomed every hour - it is quite bumpy and covered with "snow".

Thanks for the comments and concern for my baby Kr maybe if it broke I'd have a reason to go to K-5

02-06-2012, 01:31 AM   #35
Inactive Account

Yep Torbs is a gem!

But for all those with Flickr posts, and accounts, I seem to have a problem!

I set up a flickr acc. a few months back to keep track of some in the challenge, only use it for access and commenting purposes. All my Flick comments this month have vanished (maybe), at least I can't see them now, and I know I've visited Pat and Torbs & such!

Tonights effort at comments came back with invalid yahoo acc notification! Did anybody out there using Flickr for posting hear from me this month? Have I been hacked maybe? Or do they just want money (no e-mails or contact on that point!)

I am looking fellas, and commenting, but this is PMO!

Cheers Paddy
02-06-2012, 02:40 AM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Very strange. The last comments I have from you are on Jan 21st.
As far as I can tell your account is still there on Flickr and you show up as a user.
02-06-2012, 02:57 AM   #37
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by patjp Quote
Very strange. The last comments I have from you are on Jan 21st.
As far as I can tell your account is still there on Flickr and you show up as a user.
Oh!

What the hell is going on...when I make comments it shows up on your (and other's) pictures in Flickr. Tonight's messages makes me think! I DEFINITELY resubmitted tonight!

Try making a new account maybe! Torben, Mar...what about you fellas?

Cheers Paddy

02-06-2012, 06:15 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mmm.. probably a content thing. I know lots of the social media co's are concerned they have too many inactive subscribers - Publish or perish and all that.
Maybe post a couple of pics in private - if your not holding on to any data in your account they may have "cleaned it up"
02-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by patolds Quote
Torben, Mar...what about you fellas?[/I]
Cheers Paddy
There must be something wrong Paddy, no comments on my penguin shot!

Dream guard | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
02-07-2012, 01:08 AM   #40
Veteran Member

is it good or bad that it's day 7 and i wake up thinking 'right what's my picture of the day gonna be today?'

it's not like i didn't take photos every day anyway, but now that i've signed up here it seems a bit different when the pressure's on to show something as opposed to just shooting whenever i feel like it...

i spend most of my day hunting for subjects to shoot now, whereas before i'd just shoot something if it caught my eye. and if like this morning, it was dull, gry and uninspiring, i'll start getting panicky by the time home time rolls around.

i always feel a sense of relief after i've posted up my pic for the day... photography's sposed to be fun - not about stress and relief! anybody else in the same boat?
02-07-2012, 01:21 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
is it good or bad that it's day 7 and i wake up thinking 'right what's my picture of the day gonna be today?'

it's not like i didn't take photos every day anyway, but now that i've signed up here it seems a bit different when the pressure's on to show something as opposed to just shooting whenever i feel like it...

i spend most of my day hunting for subjects to shoot now, whereas before i'd just shoot something if it caught my eye. and if like this morning, it was dull, gry and uninspiring, i'll start getting panicky by the time home time rolls around.

i always feel a sense of relief after i've posted up my pic for the day... photography's sposed to be fun - not about stress and relief! anybody else in the same boat?
It's supposed to be fun!
We all have days like you are having, and then we go for "safety shots" - something we took earlier in the day, just in case nothing else comes along.
We are not here to judge each other (but sometimes we give a little feedback).

I like your "wolf" shots, they are entertaining, I wish we could give you some feedback for each shot. I tried joining Google+ but they told me my real name was too fake!

To answer your question? Yep, we all feel just like you do today. And it gets worse too!
But you're doing OK.

Cheers from Jack (now in my 14th month of Single challenges, without a break)
02-07-2012, 01:29 AM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
It's supposed to be fun!
We all have days like you are having, and then we go for "safety shots" - something we took earlier in the day, just in case nothing else comes along.
We are not here to judge each other (but sometimes we give a little feedback).

I like your "wolf" shots, they are entertaining, I wish we could give you some feedback for each shot. I tried joining Google+ but they told me my real name was too fake!

To answer your question? Yep, we all feel just like you do today. And it gets worse too!
But you're doing OK.

Cheers from Jack (now in my 14th month of Single challenges, without a break)
Thanks for the encouragement Jack. Sorry to hear you're having troubles with Google+. Never thought that would be an issue. I didn't put my pics in the forum or flickr albums because there are limits as to how many pictures I'm allowed up for free. Whereas picasa/google+ is unlimited.

Now I understand about the 'safety shots'. I'd seen those every once in a while and thought maybe they could be taken whenever, as opposed to on a particular day. Now I know

I guess I'm just surprised at how quickly the Picture of the Day has consumed me. Now it's like, oh oh oh what am I going to show you guys today? I want it to be STELLAR. Perhaps for me it's difficult because I need to narrow it down and I only get to show one shot. And then I'm terrified that nothing interesting is going to show up.

Ah well, maybe I'm just having an off day. Better get back to it. Am presently PPing the 93 shots I took this evening to find the 'POTD'
02-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Am presently PPing the 93 shots I took this evening to find the 'POTD'
You think you have problems. I need to go thru 800 shots from last week because last week I was processing and blogging all of my photos from my vacation the week before. At least things are slowing down around here so I can get caught up. I missed the 1st and 3rd because I'm busy and I think I have a little photography fatigue after 1500 photos in 2 weeks. I have several easy targets picked out for the weekdays.

I am finished with today's pic and will post it shortly.
02-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by abacus07 Quote
You think you have problems. I need to go thru 800 shots from last week because last week I was processing and blogging all of my photos from my vacation the week before. At least things are slowing down around here so I can get caught up. I missed the 1st and 3rd because I'm busy and I think I have a little photography fatigue after 1500 photos in 2 weeks. I have several easy targets picked out for the weekdays.

I am finished with today's pic and will post it shortly.
oh gawd abacus... 800 shots... i know what you mean about photography fatique. i think world pentax day didn't help - i did like 3 mini shoots in my search for my top 5. and in between was trying to figure out how to get my tripod to work etc etc :ugh: by sunday i didn't really want to look at the laptop anymore...

anyway, feel a bit better today. although it's another rainy gloomy day. ARGGGH. I thought this was sposed to be Summer?
02-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #45
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Dreary dull cloudy days do not make me a happy photographer. I am not going to able to finish this month. I've missed the last three days and am not in the mood for taking shots. For me, it's been a depressing week.