Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 144 Likes Search this Thread
02-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
wg - that's the 2nd time this week you made me LOL The other time was in the farming thread...chicken discussion
glad i could keep you entertained paul yeah the chicken... sheesh. i'm going to a garage sale tomorrow with the chicken neighbours. not sure i'll be able to look her in the face just yet.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jools Quote
Thanks Wolfiegirl, my wife will be happy. I drive her nuts taking images of things around the house.
your kind of photography is a style i often try for when i do macros, so i really appreciate and enjoy the images you take. go and tell your wife you have a fan club and that your type of photography is classified as 'real' photography (and not just a fun way you invented to drive her batty) and then show her our thread when she looks at you disbelievingly.

The pens were taken with a Rodenstock Rogonar-S 75mm f 4.5 (m39) (enlarger lens) on a bellows. (sharp as a tack)
and there I was joking about using a bellows to take the pic of the pens. little did i know.. *grin*

what on earth is that last picture of? a jelly-fied cake?

02-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
looks like mustard and ketchup
02-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Excellent stuff, Jools. I think your style is a good match for this thread

wg - that's the 2nd time this week you made me LOL The other time was in the farming thread...chicken discussion
Thanks, Paul.
02-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
looks like mustard and ketchup
yeah, but don't you see the glow/light reflection in the middle as well as along the white bit? mustard and ketchup don't do that... do they?

looks more like a jelly/jello concoction?

02-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Yep, condiments.
02-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #51
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yep, condiments.
oh, ok... what's it on? why is there a dent in the white? you've got me insanely curious now.
02-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #52
Veteran Member

A piece of bread smeared with mayo and a few dollops of mustard and ketchup here and there.
Ambient light, mostly from the left (if I recall correctly). And that is about it.

02-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A piece of bread smeared with mayo and a few dollops of mustard and ketchup here and there.
Ambient light, mostly from the left (if I recall correctly). And that is about it.
Wonder what Wolfie's boss would think if he caught her zeroing in on a piece of ketchup bread with her camera & bellows in one hand & a squirt bottle of mustard in the other...
02-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #54
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I got tricked. I swear it looked like one of those Asian jello type desserts flipped the right way around after being set in a mould.

*goes back to have another look at the piccie*
02-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #55
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wonder what Wolfie's boss would think if he caught her zeroing in on a piece of ketchup bread with her camera & bellows in one hand & a squirt bottle of mustard in the other...
*snicker*

Oh! Wolfiegirl.. is that sandwich for me? *snarf*
Um... sure thing, boss. Just lemme finish taking this shot One. More Time, and it's all yours...

Last edited by wolfiegirl; 02-09-2012 at 10:20 PM.
02-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #56
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Um sure thing boss
I like the ketchup comma, speaking of commas is that "Um sure thing, boss" or "Um sure, thing boss"
02-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
I like the ketchup comma, speaking of commas is that "Um sure thing, boss" or "Um sure, thing boss"
BAH... *goes back to change*

I thought about adding the punctuation but got called away so just pressed 'submit'
02-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #58
Veteran Member

I think this a great thread. Well done. Wolfiegirl. I better make a couple of contributions then, eh!
Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
02-09-2012, 11:35 PM   #59
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
I think this a great thread. Well done. Wolfiegirl. I better make a couple of contributions then, eh!
Thanks for playing Bramela! Love the matches. I was just thinking last night I should take a picture of the box I've got - also red heads. They kept on getting in the way when I was trying to shoot the jewellery shots, and because the camera was on the tripod... *shakes head*

The pegs are also wonderful! Lovely colours
02-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #60
Veteran Member

I don't know how every-day one of these is now but they used to be very common.
Attached Images