Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2019, 12:24 PM - 1 Like   #781
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
Thank you, Bruce... outside the aperture failure (which I DYI fixed) and 800+ ISO grain, the K-50's performance is not too shabby... I see myself upgrading overtime but nothing imminent. I'd also keep it as a permanent M42 D-body.
I used to own the K-50 and had that aperture failure too, I opted to get it repaired direct from Pentax Australia and then sell the unit on with the recent repair and note as proof. It was and still is an adequate shooter, stick some nice glass on it and the right circumstances and POW!

02-13-2019, 05:05 PM   #782
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Has anyone gotten an image selected to the "In Explore" group, but when you do the Scout search for your name, it does not appear?
02-14-2019, 07:14 AM   #783
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Has anyone gotten an image selected to the "In Explore" group, but when you do the Scout search for your name, it does not appear?
Do you have the "include dropped" box checked on Scout?
02-14-2019, 08:34 AM   #784
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Do you have the "include dropped" box checked on Scout?
yep - and nothing... just odd

02-15-2019, 08:58 AM - 2 Likes   #785
Pentaxian

Explored today

on Flickr
02-15-2019, 04:54 PM - 2 Likes   #786
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

yep - and nothing... just odd
Takes time in my experience to show up in Scout, I normally have to wait a few hours. I can't tell my rank very quickly when I get accepted, a few hours later and my image shows in Scout.

---------

This one made it in on Valentines Day

Composite aperture stack of the Velvet 56, processed in PS/LR with help from RNI.
02-15-2019, 07:54 PM - 1 Like   #787
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
This one made it in on Valentines Day
That one is definitely worthy, great shot!

02-16-2019, 01:02 PM - 5 Likes   #788
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've had a few that were in the 400s that I didn't post here, but this one went in at 86.

Fire in the Sky (shot with DA 15 limited and K3)

02-17-2019, 01:16 AM - 5 Likes   #789
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I had my only two on the same day, 5 February 2019. (I didn't think that was supposed to happen.)

02-17-2019, 06:46 AM   #790
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
(I didn't think that was supposed to happen.)
Of course it's all a bit of a mystery, but clearly it does happen, at least when it is multiple images picked up in the same day.

That is quite the dramatic lightning image; were you using a trigger?
02-17-2019, 07:13 AM   #791
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I had my only two on the same day, 5 February 2019. (I didn't think that was supposed to happen.)

I think you are more likely to get two explores on the same day than separate explores on consecutive days.
02-17-2019, 08:55 AM - 3 Likes   #792
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Often, but then usually a while later it will show up in Scout.

These were explored recently but didn't take off too well
This one was dropped:

02-17-2019, 01:18 PM   #793
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
Of course it's all a bit of a mystery, but clearly it does happen, at least when it is multiple images picked up in the same day.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think you are more likely to get two explores on the same day than separate explores on consecutive days.
Double entries are actually quite common, at least for me and if anything is to go by on same for others as I've seen quite a few double whammys posted here. I've had a triple whammy before lol, I'm going for that quadruple boys!!!

What's quite common is that once I get a submission I don't get another for a couple of weeks. Only maybe once or twice have I had a second Explore within a couple of days of my last Explore, quite rare indeed.
02-17-2019, 01:51 PM   #794
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Well done, haunting! I sort of expect to see Dorothy and Toto dancing down this path.
02-17-2019, 02:01 PM - 1 Like   #795
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Double entries are actually quite common, at least for me and if anything is to go by on same for others as I've seen quite a few double whammys posted here. I've had a triple whammy before lol, I'm going for that quadruple boys!!!

If I'd gone back in this thread a a bit I would have seen the frequency of multiple entries. Some FAQ I read about Explore was clearly wrong.

QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
I'm almost embarrassed to explain it Jeff. Just having a walk on the beach when the storm rolled in and the lightning flashes started. I had my humble K-S2 and DA 18-135. Didn't have my tripod. I thought my only chance to capture a lightning bolt was to use the slowest shutter speed I thought I could manage handheld (1/4th second). I framed the image at 24mm, pointed in the general direction of the storm and keep firing. After about 10 or 12 shots, bingo!

By then Di was suggesting that perhaps the beach wasn't the best place to be. Didn't get zapped and the rain didn't start in earnest until just after we got back to the car. There were lightning strikes all around on the way home. We had a slightly nervous discussion about whether a car really acted as a Faraday cage. One strike brought down a tree on the road ahead of us, although I managed to drive around it. The power was off across the district for about 6 hours. It was quite an evening.

Last edited by Des; 02-17-2019 at 02:15 PM.