Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Flickr Explored

Please post your photos that have appeared in flickr explore. I know lots of forum members here have had their photos explored, so post 'em up

To check which of yours have been explored you can use this link and enter your flickr name.

Here's mine:

15 May 11 (#6)

16 Jul 11 (#118)

18 Jul 11 (#121)

22 Jul 11 (#17)

1 Oct 11 (#126)

13 Feb 12 (#157)

02-14-2012, 02:50 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Twitch, here I thought you'd abandoned flickr ;-)

I'll play:
02-14-2012, 03:01 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lovely images, twitch and v5planet
I have never understood the logic/dynamics of what gets Explored on Flickr, and what does not. In fact, I don't really search or bother with it much anymore.
But at the behest of your thread, I tried your link and Hell's Bells I found one. So thanks for the nudge.

From this weekend as part of the Single in February challenge here on PF.
2.12.12 #347 (must have been a slow day)

Last edited by Jools; 02-14-2012 at 03:18 PM.
02-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well surprise of surprises.. I didn't realize I had an explore, but the link you provided told me I made it to #412 LOL... hey, made the list anyway.

This was shot for Single in January 2012 with DA 21mm Ltd.

02-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Well surprise of surprises.. I didn't realize I had an explore, but the link you provided told me I made it to #412 LOL... hey, made the list anyway.

This was shot for Single in January 2012 with DA 21mm Ltd.

Good deal mattt!
Another Singles challenge image.
Nice work with your Bridges theme.
02-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is one thing I can say about Single In Jools... it gets you shooting. From your work, I'm surprised that you've just the one.

But then Flickr is a social media, and I just dont have time to work it if you know what I mean. I read some crazy article on explore and it seems to optimize your chances, you need 400+ friends, and post at 7pm eastern etc etc. ..whatever floats your boat.. meh.
02-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
But then Flickr is a social media, and I just dont have time to work it if you know what I mean. I read some crazy article on explore and it seems to optimize your chances, you need 400+ friends, and post at 7pm eastern etc etc. ..whatever floats your boat.. meh.
I will agree with this. I don't have the energy to publicize my images beyond dropping them in a few groups, and I upload them whenever I upload them. I have several I consider better than or at least as good as those I've posted in this thread, but they don't get the required attention.

The good thing about Explore is that all the images it features are really good photos -- except sometimes when you can tell people have really gamed the system. Unfortunately, unless you are good at self-marketing and have the patience/time for it, most of your own good stuff will get passed over. Alas.

02-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I agree mattt. We must have read the same thing.
I rather be shooting images than waste the time, the light and prolonged socializing in front of a computer screen.
But that is me.
02-14-2012, 04:28 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'be had a few show up in Explore, and I am one of the least sociable people on Flickr. I practically never look at other people's pictures.

What has always amazed me is that there are people with enough free time (and interest) to sit down and actually go through Explore.
02-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I put my user name in and got nothing out of it. Then I read this just below the other wordings:

"Sometimes entering your username does not work. Try your email, user_id, or sign in." I don't think so!!
02-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jools Quote
I tried your link and Hell's Bells I found one. So thanks for the nudge.
Cool shot

Nice surprise hey, and nice shot too
02-14-2012, 04:50 PM - 2 Likes   #12
Veteran Member

I'm not sure anyone knows what it takes to get into Explore, but I've had seven that made it there. I don't consider these my best by any means, but I admit I was pretty stoked about it. I agree with Mike Cash - who actually looks through all 50 pages of Explore? LOL

The photos posted here so far are amazing!!

(they like grass! )

(they like birds!)

02-14-2012, 04:51 PM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
I'be had a few show up in Explore, and I am one of the least sociable people on Flickr. I practically never look at other people's pictures.

What has always amazed me is that there are people with enough free time (and interest) to sit down and actually go through Explore.
I know what you mean, but I do find looking at explore images gives me some inspiration and/or motivation to try some technique I hadn't tried before, or a composition I hadn't thought of. Well, it's a lot more worthwhile looking at and disecting good photos that participating in yet another "Pentax full frame" or "K-01 sucks!" thread here
02-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #14
Veteran Member

+1 twitch.
That kind of talk gets old quickly. The rumor mill grows stale rather quickly. It is suffocating.
I prefer to look/learn at something inspirational/motivational that someone has taken the time to capture rather than something that is being engineered and is probably gonna be beyond my wallet.
Hey that is just me.
02-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #15

The following picture was on Explore this Friday.