Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5447 Likes Search this Thread
11-13-2017, 10:21 AM - 2 Likes   #511
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Hey, just got my first ever double with these night shots
Congratulations!! Well deserved. Still amazed the second photo was taken after sun-down.

So with 11th November posted photos, Daily in November participants had at least five Explores, as I had a double too (the better one below) and babywriter's jiu-jitsu hold was Explored jiu-jitsu hold | Des Moines, IA, USA. | pollys belvin | Flickr

Last edited by utak; 11-13-2017 at 01:17 PM.
11-13-2017, 11:32 AM   #512
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
Congratulations!! Well deserved. Still amazed the second photo was taken after sun-down.
Thanks, and right back atya! The fence shadow in the second photo is made by the "star burst" lamp you see in the first shot. And the cloud cover being lit up by the nearby city lights makes the night less dark - as does the snow, of course.

QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
So with 11th November photos, Daily in November participants had at least five Explores, as I had a double too, and babywriter's jiu-jitsu hold was Explored jiu-jitsu hold | Des Moines, IA, USA. | pollys belvin | Flickr
So our little group made up at least one percent of the explored photos that day - not bad!
11-13-2017, 12:12 PM   #513
Pentaxian

Explore rewards engagement, so groups that have very active communities will be rewarded. Every Tuesday, Explore is totally dominated by shots from the Macro Mondays group. Maybe we should pick a day of the week, and make a "Best of PentaxForums Thursdays" or some such...
11-20-2017, 11:42 PM   #514
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Spiced Chocolate Pixel-shifted Pumpkin Pieces!

11-20-2017, 11:59 PM   #515
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Explore rewards engagement, so groups that have very active communities will be rewarded. Every Tuesday, Explore is totally dominated by shots from the Macro Mondays group. Maybe we should pick a day of the week, and make a "Best of PentaxForums Thursdays" or some such...
Nah - it's just weird! April, May June 2014 I got over 20 explores a month - I haven't had one for 3 months now. My rate of posting fluctuates, but not that much - and my behaviour regards groups doesn't change much - they come and go with subject matter, but that's about it. The odd thing is, if there is an odd thing, that I used to get more with the K10D than with the K-3, and more with the K-3 than the K-1 - but as that's also largely a progression through time, it's probably just coincidence - I must just be getting less interesting as a photographer
11-22-2017, 03:56 AM - 2 Likes   #516
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

this hit yesterday

11-22-2017, 04:00 AM   #517
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
this hit yesterday

Can see why, fantastic composition and tones.

11-22-2017, 04:11 AM   #518
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Can see why, fantastic composition and tones.
thank you...
11-23-2017, 07:02 AM - 2 Likes   #519
Pentaxian

In this morning at #65! I'd been keeping this shot in reserve for the "grayest" part of November...

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
... My rate of posting fluctuates, but not that much - and my behaviour regards groups doesn't change much - they come and go with subject matter, but that's about it.
Do note that I'm not talking about how you behave, but how others behave towards your (and others) photos. Macro Mondays, to take the example I know, has a really active community. You don't have to comment on or favorite other photos - it's not one of those "P1/A2" or "P1/A3" groups - but many people just do. I think because the group is once per week, that really helps. Participants can come post and have a look just once per week (which isn't too much work). And for The Algorithm, all those photos getting lots of comments and favorites quickly (ie good engagement) all look very "interesting", and so many of them wind up in Explore...
11-23-2017, 12:20 PM   #520
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
In this morning at #65! I'd been keeping this shot in reserve for the "grayest" part of November...

Do note that I'm not talking about how you behave, but how others behave towards your (and others) photos. Macro Mondays, to take the example I know, has a really active community. You don't have to comment on or favorite other photos - it's not one of those "P1/A2" or "P1/A3" groups - but many people just do. I think because the group is once per week, that really helps. Participants can come post and have a look just once per week (which isn't too much work). And for The Algorithm, all those photos getting lots of comments and favorites quickly (ie good engagement) all look very "interesting", and so many of them wind up in Explore...
Wouldn't mind joining that group, which one is it exactly (there's a few Macro Mondays).

TIA,

Bruce

EDIT: I'm guessing it's this one here; https://www.flickr.com/groups/macromonday/pool/
11-24-2017, 06:10 AM   #521
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Not sure but I think this one was added late in the cycle. It got many fewer views than usual for an Explored image, even for one pretty far down in the showcase. I was surprised it made it in; it had had very little activity. I wonder if the date had anything to do with it. It's a film shot and after uploading I edited the "date taken" field to the correct date, more than a month back.

11-30-2017, 03:10 PM - 1 Like   #522
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I Just realized this one had hit the Explore Page on Nov 16th...

And this probably helped me to get over one million views on my General Stats (Now at 1 035 510 Total views on my PhotoStream)
12-03-2017, 05:56 AM - 1 Like   #523
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

this turned up in Explore last night:

12-07-2017, 10:55 PM - 3 Likes   #524
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Some abstract sandstone sculpting, debuted at #118...

Pentax K-3, Sigma 17-70/2.8-4 (C)

Mine is in good company, just above a series (yes, several) showing the evolution of school bus models serving a school district on Long Island.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 12-08-2017 at 11:11 AM.
12-13-2017, 03:18 PM - 5 Likes   #525
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Fence Post in the Snow.