Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2512 Likes Search this Thread
08-29-2019, 01:17 PM   #1696
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Excellent work in photographing a natural stream. TT
Thanks Tony, I Braced the camera against a tree so I could use a shutter speed - I mean "time value" - long enough to blur the water.

08-30-2019, 01:39 PM - 6 Likes   #1697
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Cross posted in "Post Your Photos"

High Falls on the Nipissing River. I can tell you where it is, but you probably can't get there. it's in the middle of Algonquin Park, fly ins aren't allowed, it takes even an experienced young fit tripper a couple days to get there, slogging though rocky shallows and bog and few small lakes That give you a few minutes away from portaging every now and then) and some very rugged long dangerous portages, including the famous "Heart Attack Hill."

It's beside a 1300 meter portage, there are no short cuts.

08-30-2019, 07:43 PM   #1698
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Angel Falls. Scans. Taken from a modest-size plane. The second image shows how a breeze can disperse this tall but narrow falls into mist before the water reaches the bottom. BTW: We took a plane to Canaima the major jump-off to see the falls because Canaima could not be reached on the ground by FWD when we visited.. On foot from Canaima, as I recall, it was a two day hike in-out to the base of the falls, minimum of four days to the top, so flying in to see the falls was the only practical way to go..
Wow, amazing views W.
08-31-2019, 10:19 AM   #1699
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Wow, amazing views W.
Thanks Paul. Glad if you enjoyed. The windows in the plane were small (they always are) and dirty and scratched, so it was a matter of pressing the lens as close against them as possible. It was an old, hand-me-down aircraft. The upholstery had holes and tears! One of the aircraft taking our tour group into Canaima (different planes than the ones that go into the falls themselves) had an engine flame out going in and was forced to make an emergency landing at a tiny private landing strip that thankfully was right there, otherwise they would have ditched into the trees of the rainforest. Within weeks after we returned from that trip, a plane taking German tourists back out of Canaima (not run by the same company) caught fire and crashed, no survivors SFAI remember. So, I think I'll count one visit to Angel Falls as enough for this lifetime.

08-31-2019, 02:00 PM   #1700
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Thanks Paul. Glad if you enjoyed. The windows in the plane were small (they always are) and dirty and scratched, so it was a matter of pressing the lens as close against them as possible. It was an old, hand-me-down aircraft. The upholstery had holes and tears! One of the aircraft taking our tour group into Canaima (different planes than the ones that go into the falls themselves) had an engine flame out going in and was forced to make an emergency landing at a tiny private landing strip that thankfully was right there, otherwise they would have ditched into the trees of the rainforest. Within weeks after we returned from that trip, a plane taking German tourists back out of Canaima (not run by the same company) caught fire and crashed, no survivors SFAI remember. So, I think I'll count one visit to Angel Falls as enough for this lifetime.
But the views are to die for!
09-02-2019, 02:03 PM - 5 Likes   #1701
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Picture of the bottom of Raven Cliff Falls near Helen, Georgia. I think this was taken with a K100D Super and the 18-55mm kit lens.
Attached Images

09-06-2019, 10:10 AM - 5 Likes   #1702
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Cow Shed Falls,
Fillmore Glen State Park, NY.

09-07-2019, 12:29 PM - 2 Likes   #1703
Pentaxian

Cow Shed Falls,
Fillmore Glen State Park, NY.

09-08-2019, 04:48 PM - 3 Likes   #1704
Pentaxian

09-14-2019, 07:35 AM - 1 Like   #1705
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Chattooga River potholes

09-14-2019, 12:38 PM - 1 Like   #1706
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Canaima, Venezuela. The rocks under the second falls are so nearly horizontal the falls almost looks man-made.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
EZ Controller  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
EZ Controller  Photo 
09-28-2019, 03:26 PM   #1707
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
High Falls on the Nipissing River. I can tell you where it is, but you probably can't get there. it's in the middle of Algonquin Park, fly ins aren't allowed, it takes even an experienced young fit tripper a couple days to get there, slogging though rocky shallows and bog and few small lakes That give you a few minutes away from portaging every now and then) and some very rugged long dangerous portages, including the famous "Heart Attack Hill."It's beside a 1300 meter portage, there are no short cuts.
Wonderful set of images Norm. All the more special for the remoteness.

This is an awesome thread. It deserves more attention. I'd give multiples likes to many of the images if I could.
09-29-2019, 05:08 PM   #1708
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Wonderful set of images Norm.
...what he said.
10-03-2019, 11:59 AM   #1709
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

10-04-2019, 07:43 PM - 1 Like   #1710