Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Challenge #69 -- Winner

First of all, thank you all for being so kind as to submit entries. It was very difficult to judge because each interpretation had elements that I liked very much. Some chose to stitch the two images together and there were entries for each individual image as well. I appreciate the time and effort required to clone out all the spots and such on my lens and well, the color was a disaster so it was very much open to interpretation. In the end, I have selected the image that my wife and I both felt most closely represented what we remember seeing. So, without further delay... congratulations Tessfully! I liked the way you downplayed the clouds by cropping them out and brightened up the sunny parts. Well done!

Thanks again everyone!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
04-09-2012, 04:40 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations to Tess. I tried to duplicate the detail and color of her processing but couldn't come close. Nice job.

Tim
04-09-2012, 05:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks HockeyDad! I am so happy you and your wife liked my interpretation. And thanks for the nice words Tim! I know the basic presets I use and then I just experiment. Not sure I could ever repeat it exactly either.

Hockey Dad, I am leaving for a two week canoe trip on Thursday, so I won't be back till the 26th April. Would you like to select a second place winner from the bunch to post the next PP challenge?
04-09-2012, 05:41 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Hockey Dad, I am leaving for a two week canoe trip on Thursday, so I won't be back till the 26th April. Would you like to select a second place winner from the bunch to post the next PP challenge?
Tess

I don't think there would be a problem letting the challenge run until the 26th or a couple of days later if you want to start it before you leave. I would be more than happy to give the challenge a bump or two while you are gone to keep it visible.

Tim

04-09-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ok, here's where I don't really know the proper etiquette because I'm the newbie here. I'm fine either way. I can choose a runner-up to host or Tess can just host a longer than normal challenge. I don't want the PP challenge to die on my watch though so I need some guidance.
04-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by HockeyDad Quote
I don't want the PP challenge to die on my watch though so I need some guidance.
We won't let it die. Why don't you PM Tess and see if she is willing to host the next one. If she says "pass", then pick a replacement.

Tim
04-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd be very happy to post an image tomorrow.

04-10-2012, 04:49 AM   #8
Pentaxian

I'm looking forward to what you give us this time.

Tim
04-10-2012, 07:18 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Great! Thanks!