Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #421
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by margriet Quote
My very first HDR try out....
Very nice image, you hit the ground running!

Thanks for joining the thread, hope to see a lot more from you.

12-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #422
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
12-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #423
Pentaxian

12-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #424
Pentaxian

I think this one came out well.

12-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #425
Pentaxian

And this one too. Well, at least I like em.

12-10-2012, 02:31 AM   #426

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I love the car pics! For my second HDR experiments I must find myself some thing old, rusty and colorful I guess! (I might know a place )
The comments here from Newmikey definitely helped a lot.

So here's an update on the boat pic with better aligned result due to different auto alignment "thingy" Already much better and next year I'll give the "PP project overlay" a go..

And here's another picture I did:

12-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #427
Pentaxian

I love the car pics! For my second HDR experiments I must find myself some thing old, rusty and colorful I guess! (I might know a place )
The comments here from Newmikey definitely helped a lot.

Thank you but I don't like your description of me. I am old and rusty but I am not colorful!

I like your HDR experiments. What software are you using?

12-11-2012, 06:53 AM   #428

QuoteOriginally posted by Sage97 Quote
Thank you but I don't like your description of me. I am old and rusty but I am not colorful!

I like your HDR experiments. What software are you using?
Hihi I hope I haven't offended you.. of course I was talking about the car! And, to me, rust is by definition colorful

I am using Luminance hdr, freeware program. For the PP I am currently using also freeware, Photofiltre. This is because I recently have a new computer which doesn't have photoshop installed yet.
12-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #429
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is a three image HDR shot of a lighted boat parade in my local town. I shot this at -2, -3, & -1ev, f4 and 3200ISO. Wasn't quite sure what I'd get with tonemapping but it worked and brought out more depth to the image.

12-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #430
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I am using Luminance hdr, freeware program. For the PP I am currently using also freeware, Photofiltre. This is because I recently have a new computer which doesn't have photoshop installed yet.
Allow me to be a little bit of a purist here, I hope you'll indulge me.

LuminanceHDR is released under the GPL license which means it is open-source (also referred to as Free and Open Source Software or FOSS), Photofiltre is released under a 30-day trial download as shareware. Neither of these programs are "freeware".

Distinctions from other software licenses

The Free Software Foundation (FSF) has formally defined the term "Free software" in 1986 and requested that people avoid referring to "Free Software" as "freeware". Members of FOSS community believe that "freedom to use" implies that the end user is free to run, study, modify, and distribute the software with minimal restriction. Also the United States Department of Defense stated in an instruction for government employees and government contractors that the term "freeware" should not be used as a synonym for "open source software".

Freeware is also distinct from shareware; the latter obliges the user to pay after some trial period or to gain additional functionality.[2] Sometimes, the class of shareware produced without a time limit, but with intentionally limited functionality is erroneously referred to as freeware. This "freeware" is easily identified by an option to upgrade for a more enhanced version, e.g.: basic version upgrades to "Pro" version.

Many freeware products are developed by commercial developers alongside an expanded product with more features which is sold for profit. This type of freeware is released as a type of promotion for the other product, which is often based on the same code base with only a compiler flag required to produce the free version. The BBEdit, BBEdit Lite and TextWrangler text editors for the Macintosh are an example of this model of freeware.
12-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #431
Pentaxian

Hihi I hope I haven't offended you.. of course I was talking about the car! And, to me, rust is by definition colorful

Oh I know.......I was just foolin' about.

I did want to see if we used the same software so I could experiment and see how my version would compare to yours. Unfortunately, I am not familiar at all with either software. The good news is I think your experiments are going along just fine so.....keep on keeping on.

FYI - I just quoted two movies I saw bits and pieces of last night during 20 mins of channel surfing...hmm.
12-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #432

QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
Allow me to be a little bit of a purist here, I hope you'll indulge me.

LuminanceHDR is released under the GPL license which means it is open-source (also referred to as Free and Open Source Software or FOSS), Photofiltre is released under a 30-day trial download as shareware. Neither of these programs are "freeware".
I don't mind the purist approach, it might stick

I guess I did use the term "open source" before, but "freeware" seems so normal... it slipped out. The photofiltre you're talking about is probably "PhotoFiltre Studio" which has some extra features. The .exe I used and have already on older computers found at: http://www.photofiltre.com in the second menu called "freeware" (I'm sorry ) and then item photofiltre v6. I have been using this as a fast and simple jpeg processing for years and never has a trial period run out.
12-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #433

QuoteOriginally posted by Sage97 Quote
Oh I know.......I was just foolin' about.

I did want to see if we used the same software so I could experiment and see how my version would compare to yours. Unfortunately, I am not familiar at all with either software. The good news is I think your experiments are going along just fine so.....keep on keeping on.

FYI - I just quoted two movies I saw bits and pieces of last night during 20 mins of channel surfing...hmm.
Me too (fooling about)

I'll keep on keeping on
12-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #434
Pentaxian

Me too (fooling about)

I'll keep on keeping on
Ha!

"I was just foolin about" - from the movie Tombstone when Doc Holliday challenges Johnny Ringo to a duel

"Keep on keeping on" - maybe from tons of other movies but I caught a glimpse of Joe Dirt the other night.

OK - back to HDR pics.
12-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #435
Forum Member

Here is my first go with Luminance. Late sunrise at 9 AM