Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 64 Likes Search this Thread
06-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #121

Congratulations Mace, excellent entry!

06-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #122

Gratz mace, great image, well deserved laureate.
06-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #123
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mace, congrats! Well deserved! Let me know if you need help with supplying a delivery address - I have one ready for you

And Duplo, thank you so much for this competition. Seriously some of the finest concentration of high quality photography I have seen in a while, not to mention literature submissions.

-Heie
06-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #124
Pentaxian

Congratulations Mace ... A prize-merited capture!

06-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #125
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations Mace, outstanding work and well deserved!!! :-) Enjoy!!
06-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #126
Inactive Account

Congratulations Mace and thank you for link to the article!
06-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #127
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well done Mace, great photo. Thanks for the contest Duplo!!

06-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #128
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excellent, Mace, and enjoy your new lens! Duplo, this was a generous offer. Even without the prize of a lens, the contest was an inspired one. I enjoyed the entrants' photos and reading what they had to say about them. Thanks very much to you, and also to everyone who entered.
06-18-2012, 03:05 PM   #129
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mace Quote
Woooah, this is amazing and such an honor! Thanks for all the positive comments and special thanks of course to Duplo to host this award and to give away such a high quality lens. I will use it straight this summer on the Russian coast to document our work on permafrost and will show some nice pictures upon return. For those who are further interested, here is a short article by one of the leading scientists on the topic, but you can also find a lot on google:

permafrost degradaton - Google Search

Thanks a lot,
all the best,
Matthias
Matthias,
a most interesting read and some interesting articles showing up when googling, I have several bookmarked for future reading already.

QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
And Duplo, thank you so much for this competition. Seriously some of the finest concentration of high quality photography I have seen in a while, not to mention literature submissions.

-Heie
Heie,
The image you posted in this contest, is as you know a gorgeous mountaineering image, one of the better I have seen in fact. You do not need me to tell you that the image is excellent, but what is written here is very high praise from me.

You have the passion and talent to become an excellent and successful photographer, I am so much looking forward to follow your journey into photography.
06-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #130
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautuful work, Mace. You truly deserve the recognition.
John
06-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #131
Veteran Member

As someone who took up photography as a direct result of walking up the various hills and mountains within reach of me I think you made an excellent choice for the winner. A superb image and I look forward to the pictures Mathias captures with his prize.

Thank you for the positive comments on my own submission.

cheers

Mark
06-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #132
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great submissions in this excellent contest. Congrats Mace and kudos Duplo.
06-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #133
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Great submissions in this excellent contest. Congrats Mace and kudos Duplo.
What he said. Congrats Mace!
06-18-2012, 11:47 PM   #134
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Duplo Quote
Heie,
The image you posted in this contest, is as you know a gorgeous mountaineering image, one of the better I have seen in fact. You do not need me to tell you that the image is excellent, but what is written here is very high praise from me.

You have the passion and talent to become an excellent and successful photographer, I am so much looking forward to follow your journey into photography.
Duplo, I don't know what to say - thank you very much for your accolades, which, coming from you, mean that much more.

Not sure if you are aware of this, but you were probably the single greatest influence in choosing the K-7 when I first started out with a DSLR. It was your anecdotal evidence regarding the K-7's ruggedness and (at the time) IQ during your trips through Greenland's arctic playground that sold me on the camera system best suited for my lifestyle. I have had absolutely zero regrets, and then when I was able to snag a K-5 for the steal I did, it confirmed to me Pentax was and is the brand for me.

Thank you.

Very Respectfully,
Heie

P.S. my continued desire to join an expedition of yours is forever open to your acceptance
06-19-2012, 01:18 AM   #135
Forum Member

Well done Mace.