Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
06-29-2012, 08:40 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lets see your Markets

Haven't seen an active thread for this . Lots of us shop at weekly markets, hang around flea markets looking for deals, and visit the local markets wherever we travel. they are vibrant parts of the communitty. so let's see your marke shots, I'll start us off with a couple

Bastille Market in Paris

06-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Eddie, nice shots from your neighborhood flea market, got to do that someday....
06-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Eddie, nice shots from your neighborhood flea market, got to do that someday....
LOL I wish this was My neighbourhood Market. Mine is Kensington In Toronto. That is the Bastille in Paris

07-01-2012, 07:00 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Chinatown, NYC.

07-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nice, the fisheye works well there/ haven't been to NYC chinatown in ages
07-16-2012, 06:08 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
still trying to get this going (can't believe I'm the only guy who shoots markets)

Barcelona

07-16-2012, 12:54 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Veteran Member

Great thread theme. Lovely images eddie and SpecialK.

A foursome of oldies from me to start out.

Going to set up at the market.

All sorts of offerings at the market.

Sunday market

07-16-2012, 08:44 PM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Floating market in Thailand
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
07-17-2012, 05:19 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Great stuff Jools and Bruce. That Floating market is very cool. and Jools I really t=like the first with the Guy on his way to market.
First place i track down when i get to a new place is the Markets. they are the life of the real community. (that and since I typically rent a house or apartment I need to get food for myself as well)
First stop almost every day when I travel (after coffee) is frequently the market to pick up something for that days dinner or lunch. Usually i walk in and just let whatever looks good inspire me (in barcelona the jamon of course, but also being able to get fresh Razor clams - not something i've ever seen in Toronto)
07-17-2012, 05:58 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Great thread!!

Here is an old one from the 80's. Shot with K1000. I bot 2 bodies for about $99 each...new! Had one BW, one color. Or both color and a wide and zoom on them.

I lost all my early negs from that time. Had lots of market shots. Sickening, lost all my widelux stuff too. If I'm lucky that I have an old 3 x 5 print like this one to scan.

Here is another surviving snapshot I scanned from a market.

07-17-2012, 06:03 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slackercruster Quote

An old one from the 80's. Shot with K1000. I bot 2 bodies for about $99 each...new! Had one BW one color. Or both color and a wide and zoom on them.

I lost all my early negs from that time. Had lots of market shots. Sickening, lost all my widelux stuff too. If I'm lucky that I have an old 3 x 5 print like this one to scan.
Nice one. I feel the neg loss. at 19 or so i put a ton of stuff in storage at my moms up north while i was in couch surfing and squat mode. Had tons of stuff from the birth of the punk movement in England, New York and Toronto. Aside from the Pistols I had shots of pretty much anyone, both Live and casual stuff backstage and at the pub etc. She cleaned up and tossed them all on me. Friends who shot stuff from the same time have been making a pretty decent amount of coin off those old shots in the last 6 years.
07-17-2012, 06:06 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
one from Venice, Smart dog, he went away with a sausage (and so did his buddy). Saw him later doing the same thing at another butcher shop

07-17-2012, 06:26 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Nice one. I feel the neg loss. at 19 or so i put a ton of stuff in storage at my moms up north while i was in couch surfing and squat mode. Had tons of stuff from the birth of the punk movement in England, New York and Toronto. Aside from the Pistols I had shots of pretty much anyone, both Live and casual stuff backstage and at the pub etc. She cleaned up and tossed them all on me. Friends who shot stuff from the same time have been making a pretty decent amount of coin off those old shots in the last 6 years.

WOW!!

That hurts double.

None of my lost stuff was $$ makers. Just personal pix I liked. I try and back up my digital 4 or 5 ways and keep some off site as well.
07-17-2012, 06:49 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slackercruster Quote
WOW!!
I try and back up my digital 4 or 5 ways and keep some off site as well.
Me too, I learned from that. It was harder to back up negs though. and i didn't always print them aside from a contact sheet to attach to the sleeve they were stored in, unless i was printing them to cut up and reassemble as part of a flyer. your Hollywood pics could well be money makers. you should do a gallery show with them