Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
07-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
Gang, as I've been out of the day to day grind on the Single In biz for the past 6 months, I have a question. What's with the multiple posts on the threads? I thought the point was to post only one shot per day. Was there a loosening of the guidelines somewhere over the past months? I know, that this challenge is more personal than stuck on any 'rules' but I was just wondering what was up with the occasional multiple postings.
I'll take the blame for this one.
The number of people posting in the challenge was down, and I posted a few extras. In retrospect it was a little self-serving of me.

It won't happen again.

J.

07-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, please understand that all I was doing was asking a question about multiple posts as I haven't really been reading the single in threads just looking at images this past six month. I have no problem with multiple posts either. I was just wondering what was going on. Post away I say!
07-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The extras thread isn't really well known, and I don't think I have privileges to post there. As for multiple pics, I think a "single" and extras are preferred...Part of the challenge is considering which to post!. Also, we do want to encourage commenting on the single - it is a great benefit of this challenge to have considered and considerate commenting to help hone our ability. I would credit you folks with contributing to my improvement over the past year.
07-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have already started the month with two but it is my country's 145th birthday and I just could not resist. I will try to stick to one, heck some days it is difficult enough just to manage one worth uploading!

07-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #35
Pentaxian

As, for me it is really just fine if anyone posts several shots. If that suites theme too it is better. But single frame whic is "best from that day" have been the point. I remember even shots which were like collase(dunno remember exact word for it) one image done from several shots... So things go forward, people enjoys them self, no problem.
07-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
It's the middle of winter here, so something weather proof is required.
My latest DA* is the 16-50. That'll do.
Welcome to the challenge Sandy.
I'm in Adelaide too.
It's also nice to have another doctor in the group!

John Pride (aka jack)
07-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #37
ASa

Yay, I got my DA15ltd, so I'm in!

(Already posted the first photo as you might have noticed )

Last edited by Bramela; 07-03-2012 at 01:37 PM.
07-02-2012, 11:39 PM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi all, I'm just (this morning) back from my trip away and I won't be signing up for July, but I do want to thank all those who sent good wishes for my trip - that was a real buzz! I have lots of trip pix to edit now, but I'm keen to return to the challenge in August.

One thing that did surprise me on my trip .. while I did take mainly shots to document events and places, my eye has obviously changed and I often found myself looking for patterns, people and special light plays, something I haven't consciously done much on other trips. I put that down to my participation in previous challenges and being exposed to the talents and suggestions of the other particpants, so for that too, many thanks.

Cheers everyone. Rod
07-03-2012, 03:34 AM   #39
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Hi all, I'm just (this morning) back from my trip away and I won't be signing up for July, my eye has obviously changed and I often found myself looking for patterns, people and special light plays, something I haven't consciously done much on other trips. I put that down to my participation in previous challenges and being exposed to the talents and suggestions of the other particpants, so for that too, many thanks.

Cheers everyone. Rod

Wellcome back Rod old son! Glad your trip was a safe one mate!

Comments, maybe, too flattering to us all, but I agree. I've changed the way I look at things too! The street fellas are mostly to blame for that.

Me .. don't know about August...but then there's the Helios I haven't used, the Vivitar 200mm, the...uhmmm...Tokina thing......bugger!

Cheers Paddy
07-03-2012, 04:32 AM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
@Ozzrod Glad you had a good holiday! Let us know where and when you post some shots.
August wow! That could be bug month for me. of course it is never too late for you to join July

Last edited by patjp; 07-03-2012 at 04:33 AM. Reason: clarity
07-03-2012, 04:38 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
i am determined to do a better job of commenting on other's pictures this month but I just can't find some
Please can you include a link to your albums with your pictures? Don't let me off the comment hook!
07-03-2012, 04:50 AM   #42
ASa

Thanks for commenting mine even though I messed up the linking! I'm still getting to know with the forum album system (I haven't used it too much it seems ).
07-03-2012, 05:01 AM   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Without a doubt, shooting everyday and creating shots for this thread last year made me a better photographer.
07-03-2012, 05:01 AM   #44
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
Welcome to the challenge Sandy.
I'm in Adelaide too.
It's also nice to have another doctor in the group!

John Pride (aka jack)
Bad enough 2 croweaters...but 2 quacks as well!

STREWTH!

Wellcome aboard Sandy....and beware the Jack!

Cheers Paddy

BTW...we're a nice bunch really...just a bit ozzie at times, ... I've tried to educate them, but there's only so much a Victorian can do!
07-03-2012, 06:48 AM   #45
Veteran Member

What a fantastic start I must say. It's so great to be back :-)

Last edited by Bramela; 07-03-2012 at 01:41 PM.