Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2012, 11:36 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Single in July 2012

Still the hardest working group on the forums is looking for members, old and new to join the Challenge for July.

The rules are simple. Choose one lens and post a picture to the daily group thread. Here is a sample day from May 2012.

There is no pressure and everyday doesn't have to be a masterpiece.

Many parts of the world are represented Australia, Asia, Europe and North America. It's a great way to get more involved in the forums too.

Here is how it works
  • Take a picture each day using the same lens for the whole month (it's ok / inevitable to miss a couple of days - so don't worry)
  • Upload the picture to a "Single in July 2012" album in your album space (Here is mine but you make your own ) on the forums or you can use Flickr (Single Challenge link) or other hosting service
  • Post the picture to the daily thread here.
  • Comment on other member's pictures. All comments will be warmly received from the basic "I like it" to "Well, I think you channelled Ansel Adams wonderfully!"
  • Have fun, learn lots about your camera / lens combination, and yourself!
EASY!

You can freely select any single lens to use for the whole month, and it's OK to use extension tubes, macro add-ons, teleconverters etc. However, please include the lens details when you are posting your pictures.

As this is the Pentax Forums I think it would be best to use Pentax cameras or bodies. As to lenses any manufacturer is ok. So full frame must wait unless you want to use film

If you are unsure how to post pictures please check the video below or ask in this thread.

Last edited by patjp; 11-28-2012 at 04:21 AM. Reason: spelling error
06-30-2012, 01:27 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great job! Here it goes then!

I'm in with my K-7 and Samyang 85/1.4, for this month. Looking forward to light my sensor with building a marionet project, and a lot of flowers
06-30-2012, 01:49 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Time for some LBA rehab, I'm in with the 18-135mm WR.
06-30-2012, 02:09 AM - 1 Like   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I'm in for another month. Lens of choice this time is my new to me, used Pentax 28-80mm Macro AF F-zoom f/3.5-4.5. I just got this lens on Wednesday this week. Was hoping it woujld come in before this challenge started.

06-30-2012, 03:11 AM - 1 Like   #5

Photos: Gallery
Pentax 50mm F1.4 on K1000 , but i will posty for all days .. together .. is that OK .. as i would be using film . ?
06-30-2012, 04:27 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Uhmm..oh not again!

Cheers Paddy
06-30-2012, 04:51 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
@K-Amav -Welcome to the group! Sure film is no problem! Also posting when you can is ok too!

@Torben - Welcome back! Still got the Q?

@Mar - Glad to see you are using something a bit easier to handle this month.

How about you Paddy? 400 or 500mm this month

06-30-2012, 05:24 AM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

After wrapping up last December a whole year (without missing a day) of Single In participation, I felt that I'd had enough.

Over the past 6 months I've looked in on the progress of the challenges and have begun to actually miss it (what am I saying?). Yes, I'm missing the grind of having to get an image every day and the thrill I get from using the same darn lens for a whole month. Since I used every lens I own last year I'll be doing a rewind but also a continuation of my learning from last year. Somewhere between now and tomorrow I'll pick a new lens for ... Single in July 2012.

Yep, BCB's back...er...well...at least I'm gonna give it a good shot to return.
06-30-2012, 05:28 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Great!

old gang is getting back and propably some new guys too. Nice to have you back on board BCB!

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
After wrapping up last December a whole year (without missing a day) of Single In participation, I felt that I'd had enough.

Over the past 6 months I've looked in on the progress of the challenges and have begun to actually miss it (what am I saying?). Yes, I'm missing the grind of having to get an image every day and the thrill I get from using the same darn lens for a whole month. Since I used every lens I own last year I'll be doing a rewind but also a continuation of my learning from last year. Somewhere between now and tomorrow I'll pick a new lens for ... Single in July 2012.

Yep, BCB's back...er...well...at least I'm gonna give it a good shot to return.
06-30-2012, 05:31 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks, part of my says that I'm out of my mind but...how many times did I say that last year? Many and I still made it.
06-30-2012, 05:42 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Yeah, I hear you, but still it can even be a lot of fun at it's best, we all know that sometimes it is not so fun. I want to take it cool next month, let's see.
06-30-2012, 06:14 AM - 1 Like   #12

I'll try this one and see how far I can get. I have my Sigma 28-200 that I hardly ever take off and with the 4th coming up I'll need it for fireworks.
06-30-2012, 06:17 AM - 1 Like   #13
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's the middle of winter here, so something weather proof is required.
My latest DA* is the 16-50. That'll do.
06-30-2012, 06:42 AM - 1 Like   #14

Hmm, what can I say... I just bought my K-r last March and my SMC-M 50mm 1/4 Macro will arrive on July 1 before the day ends. I will use this group to practice photography - still a beginner, hope you guys will help me.
I'm in!
06-30-2012, 08:14 AM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great to see a good line up of "old " and "new" folks lining up at the starting line. I foresee a very busy fall so I want to make good use of the short summer here. All my lenses are on the second Single-In go around now but I will tackle July with the DA 35 Macro limited, which was the first limited lens I bought two years ago. I still don't feel that I have learned to use to it full advantage.