Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2006, 05:23 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What is it? Tag

A game of tag - guess what the photo is and then if you guess correctly (the first to do so) you post a photo for people to guess. The new photo could either be in this thread (we could see how long we keep the game going in a single thread unless there is a problem or objection forum-wise with long threads) or in a different thread. Just to get the ideas flowing, any thoughts as to what this is?

09-19-2006, 05:47 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A spiderweb?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-19-2006, 05:57 PM   #3
Inactive Account

What is it

Blades of grass?

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
09-19-2006, 06:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Some kind of fuzzy fabric?

Julie

09-19-2006, 06:42 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That was fast...

Good Guesses Mo, Julie, and David!

I was hoping to make the first one fast and simple to get the thread off and running. Tag Mo, you're it!

We have these spiders that build massive 3D webs. The picture I posted first was a crop of a macro taken with the FA50mm and the Vivitar 2X macro focusing teleconverter at the 1:1 setting. Here's a photo of the whole thing taken at the 2X setting:
09-20-2006, 02:25 AM   #6
Inactive Account

What is it? Tag

Wow Tracy, that is an awsome shot, and I'm glad Adam won. I need to find some pictures that I can use for this challenge, if I hit one right.(LOL). I'm still looking for my (A) for the contest challenge Starting the 1st of OCT. I think I'll take Buddas suggestion and use a shot of my ex and post for A** H*** but then I couldn't use it for (B) or (W) Challenge :=))))

Good Shooting.
09-20-2006, 04:46 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
Wow Tracy, that is an awsome shot, and I'm glad Adam won. I need to find some pictures that I can use for this challenge, if I hit one right.(LOL). I'm still looking for my (A) for the contest challenge Starting the 1st of OCT. I think I'll take Buddas suggestion and use a shot of my ex and post for A** H*** but then I couldn't use it for (B) or (W) Challenge :=))))

Good Shooting.
Hi David!

Thanks! Yes, start looking. Hopefully Adam will come back with one to stump us good. I love a good guessing game.

Contest starting Oct 1st? Here? Okay, I've missed something.
09-20-2006, 05:13 AM   #8
Inactive Account

What is it? Tag

QuoteOriginally posted by photo_mom Quote
Hi David!

Thanks! Yes, start looking. Hopefully Adam will come back with one to stump us good. I love a good guessing game.

Contest starting Oct 1st? Here? Okay, I've missed something.
Hi Tracy. No not here, but check out Mo thread and response to my question in Photo contest, How it all works. This should answer the Question. Contest will run 1 month and Voting will be held on the 1st of each month for the previous mounth, Per Adam.

Now you need to get one together for the contest theme starting with A.

Good Shooting.

09-20-2006, 04:39 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
Hi Tracy. No not here, but check out Mo thread and response to my question in Photo contest, How it all works. This should answer the Question. Contest will run 1 month and Voting will be held on the 1st of each month for the previous mounth, Per Adam.

Now you need to get one together for the contest theme starting with A.

Good Shooting.
This section is just for fun, but yes, the contest will be monthly, and voting will be on the first of each month

Now, as for something that can stump you guys- I'd better browse my photo archives

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-20-2006, 05:17 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Here we go.

Let's start with a relatively hard crop- hints and larger crops will come later

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DS2  Photo 

Adam

09-20-2006, 05:30 PM   #11
Inactive Account

What is it? Tag

Ok Adam, I like the shot. Would it be a valve cover?

Good Shooting.
09-20-2006, 05:45 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Nope...good guess though.

Adam

09-20-2006, 06:04 PM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here we go indeed!

Hi Mo!

From my exceedingly simple web crop to a real humdinger! You're a pro at this, aren't you?

Okay, I'm guessing... who'm I trying to fool. I haven't a clue!
09-20-2006, 06:05 PM   #14
Pentaxian

An SD card?

Shouldn't each new one be on a new thread? Otherwise this could get vveeerrryyyy long.
09-20-2006, 06:06 PM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Getting closer

Adam

Closed Thread