Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 31 Likes Search this Thread
10-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you all for your advice and patience. I've got it now - always better for me to tackle these things early morning rather than the evening. Cheers.

10-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

It's still October ya know? I have to think about November. Cloudy cold days and me do not get along together at all. I'll probably join in November but I don't know which lens to use yet.
10-27-2012, 05:53 PM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Thank you all for your advice and patience. I've got it now - always better for me to tackle these things early morning rather than the evening. Cheers.
Dude! We are here to help as much as we can. Glad to be of service.
10-27-2012, 06:17 PM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Quite certain I'll be in in November also. Just have to chose a lens... This could get ugly.

10-27-2012, 08:40 PM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've not played the single game before, but I'm going to try for November, probably with the Kiron 28mm f:2 I picked up this summer and haven't done much with yet. I just have to figure out where to post the pics yet.
10-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That Kiron 28 is a great lens. You can have a lot f fun with that.
10-27-2012, 09:31 PM - 1 Like   #22

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
I've not done this before either. I was thinking I needed to get out there and use my new fisheye before it becomes a seldom used novelty in my bag. The impending cold weather has hit us too and we'll be lucky to be above freezing this weekend into mid week. This means I stay home more than go out, but then it does give me a reason to get out and do something .

10-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #23
Veteran Member

I think I will go round again in November, hopefully I wont be quite so busy and i can get a bit more time for photos.. I said "hopefully!"
I have a new DA15mm that I might give a good testing.
OK Matt, I will see what I can do for summer/beach shots for you.

Last edited by Bramela; 10-28-2012 at 01:30 AM.
10-27-2012, 11:31 PM - 1 Like   #24
Veteran Member

Hmmm this may be just what I need to get some use out of my A35-105mm that I've been neglecting.
10-28-2012, 05:28 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bass3587 Quote
Hmmm this may be just what I need to get some use out of my A35-105mm that I've been neglecting.
I've been shooting all month with my A35-105, it's been quite instructive for me with the lens. Love to see what you can do with yours.
10-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
I've not played the single game before, but I'm going to try for November, probably with the Kiron 28mm f:2 I picked up this summer and haven't done much with yet. I just have to figure out where to post the pics yet.
QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
I've not done this before either. I was thinking I needed to get out there and use my new fisheye before it becomes a seldom used novelty in my bag. The impending cold weather has hit us too and we'll be lucky to be above freezing this weekend into mid week. This means I stay home more than go out, but then it does give me a reason to get out and do something .
QuoteOriginally posted by bass3587 Quote
Welcome aboard! I liberally hand out "likes" to those who commit to 30 days of posting, and commenting.
10-28-2012, 02:28 PM - 1 Like   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am going to take a swing at November. I have barely lifted my camera since August ended but with the sun finally breaking through after a week of grey and snow I am feeling optimistic (or is that fool hardy?). I am going to borrow my son's DA 50-200 WR which has not had much attention from him, play around with my flash and probably focus on more indoor shots which are not my strong suit. The first week may be a little rough due to workload but I keep telling myself that after I get past the 6th things should ease up a bit. (fingers crossed)

Thanks for getting this going Matt. I hope the coming storm doesn't hit you too hard down there.
10-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Welcome aboard! I liberally hand out "likes" to those who commit to 30 days of posting, and commenting.
If that's the case I will never choose a 150-500mm again.
Though I just received my RainCoat for the lens!
10-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jmschrei Quote
I hope the coming storm doesn't hit you too hard down there.
I think Halloween will be ruined for the kids based on how the storm is tracking.

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
Though I just received my RainCoat for the lens!
I was thinking about a raincoat for my Kr... as the weather looks like the first week is all indoor shooting at this point... bleh.
10-29-2012, 04:52 AM   #30
ASa

Still on the edge whether to join or not. I'm super busy and still several days behind commenting October, but November is calling me....
And what comes to the lens, the DA40ltd was super for October as it was so compact and I could have it with me all the time. The M28 and M50 aren't too big either (it's actually disturbing how similarly sized they are) so maybe I'll pick one of them... On the other hand I'd like to give the kit zoom a chance, I haven't shot with it in a long time, but then again compared to the three aforementioned lenses it's quite bulky. Meh, I think I'll give the M28 a go, I haven't used that one too much either...