Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Post Processing Challenge #80 WINNERS!

Thanks to everyone who entered this week's edition of the Post Processing challenge. Now for the judging...

atupdate - You produced a very clean presentation that brighten the original yet maintained the early morning fell very nicely.
baro-nite - This is an interesting dreamy B&W rendition that I would not have thought of.
mdave13 - I do like how you brightened the scene highlighting the midsummer feel and took care to remove the apartment complex at the far end of the lagoon.
Bill2849 - A nice grainy B&W approach but it does seem that in straightening the light post you have tilted the rest of the scene.
dffj - Welcome, I note this is your first post. I like your bold crop and the vintage film feel to this version.
kyc - It's is always fun to push the envelope in this challenge. Somehow it feels to me as if you have created an alien landscape quality here.
todd - What can I say? You have relocated this urban lagoon an hour west into the Rocky Mountains and added a lot of interesting detail. Great fun!
mcgreni - Nice approach adding a lot of sparkle to the scene and a bit of an autumn feel.

Honestly I liked all of the interpretations and choosing a winner is generally a subjective task. So here goes:

HM: atupdate, todd
Third place: mdave13
Second place: dffj
First place and host of the next round: baro-nite - I love the dreamy feel, it is different and in this case I think it works very nicely.

11-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Woo hoo! Thanks Joe, and I'll post the next challenge within the next few days.
11-11-2012, 12:16 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congrats all and thanks for hosting Joe. Looking forward to the next one!
11-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Yes, congrats - looking forward to having a go at your shot Baro-nite!