PENTAX K-1  Photo 
02-08-2020, 06:55 PM - 1 Like   #3287
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A curve in the road
02-09-2020, 06:34 PM - 2 Likes   #3288
Veteran Member

Crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel.

He will be crossing over the tunnel about the time I will be entering it.

Crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel

Last edited by jquill; 02-10-2020 at 06:07 AM.
02-10-2020, 05:28 AM   #3289
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jquill Quote
Crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bride Tunnel.

He will be crossing over the tunnel about the time I will be entering it.

Crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel

"....Bride Tunnel..." Hmmmmmmmmmm

02-10-2020, 06:06 AM   #3290
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
"....Bride Tunnel..." Hmmmmmmmmmm
Yep. It crosses the mouth of Chesapeake Bay between the tip of the Virginia Eastern Shore and Hampton Roads, a total of 17.6 miles. It is a combination of Bridges and two tunnels. The tunnels run under the two major channels which service the deep draft vessels.

I also fixed the spelling...
02-10-2020, 07:49 AM   #3291
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yep. It crosses the mouth of Chesapeake Bay between the tip of the Virginia Eastern Shore and Hampton Roads, a total of 17.6 miles. It is a combination of Bridges and two tunnels. The tunnels run under the two major channels which service the deep draft vessels.

I also fixed the spelling...
I don't know it well, but I've crossed the bridge-tunnel complex multiple times, maybe a score of trips, going back to the 1960's when it was quite new. One of the ferries it put out of business was still afloat at a defunct terminal back then.
02-10-2020, 08:49 AM   #3292
Veteran Member

I don't know it well, but I've crossed the bridge-tunnel complex multiple times, maybe a score of trips, going back to the 1960's when it was quite new. One of the ferries it put out of business was still afloat at a defunct terminal back then.
Back in the 70's we used the bridge-tunnel when traveling from Wildwood NJ down to Buxton, NC to do work on the old CG Loran A transmitter site. At that time, the bridge deck was concrete with evenly spaced expansion joints. The old government station wagon we used had crappy suspension and, at the right speed, the expansion joints would cause the wagon to oscillate up and down to the point we felt we would fly off the bridge. Used to make for an interesting ride. Now that the surface has been paved it is just boring.

02-10-2020, 10:24 AM   #3293
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wildwood NJ .
Minor connection. After my mother's mother died, when mother was no more than a toddler, her father gave her over to two aunts to raise. They lived in Port Norris, NJ, but in summer they went to Wildwood and stayed at a house they called "Greystone."
02-10-2020, 11:52 AM - 5 Likes   #3294
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A quiet lane to a vineyard near Orvieto, Italia.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
02-10-2020, 09:16 PM - 2 Likes   #3295
Pentaxian

166th Street the Bronx

02-11-2020, 04:10 AM - 2 Likes   #3296
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To the opposite end- Addo Road for Kudu's only
02-12-2020, 05:55 AM   #3297
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No offense to the Bronx - my father spent most of his teen years there, but when I look at the preceding two images the thoughts that come are 1) I know which road I want to drive or walk along; 2) How can humans abide living in a place like The Bronx?
02-12-2020, 09:32 AM   #3298
Pentaxian

No offense to the Bronx - my father spent most of his teen years there, but when I look at the preceding two images the thoughts that come are 1) I know which road I want to drive or walk along; 2) How can humans abide living in a place like The Bronx?
No offense taken. Honestly I work there, so I am limited to my place of business as far as commingling in the area.

It is a rough place - double-parked cars everywhere; people crossing middle of the road without looking (even in the Grand Concourse); trash everywhere... To think that this used to be country club hundred of years ago for people living in NYC!
02-12-2020, 10:16 AM   #3299
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
No offense taken. Honestly I work there, so I am limited to my place of business as far as commingling in the area.

It is a rough place - double-parked cars everywhere; people crossing middle of the road without looking (even in the Grand Concourse); trash everywhere... To think that this used to be country club hundred of years ago for people living in NYC!
It also appears that the vehicle in the lower left corner is proceeding in the wrong direction...

An alley way in Venice.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
02-12-2020, 07:26 PM   #3300
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Geodude Quote
It also appears that the vehicle in the lower left corner is proceeding in the wrong direction...
There is no right or wrong direction there

They're enforcing the red bus lane though - I had a colleague collect many fines from taking the shortcut on the bus lane (there's cameras). Other than this, it is a free for all. These people never heard of not blocking the box... that's a daily headache.