Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2021, 09:08 AM - 5 Likes   #3991
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Thank you, Glad you enjoyed. Notice the awning on the building at left. When fully extended it must shade and protect from rain 75% or more of the street. Even partially extended in the picture it shades the entire street and casts a shadow on the building opposite. I did not notice it when taking the picture, I was more concerned that the couple might spot me and be offended.
Very pleasing image I imagine the reflection from the white wall illuminates the shadows making the lighting so comforting and the couple gives such a relaxed feeling.

I-90 bridge at sunrise

03-24-2021, 09:56 AM   #3992
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Hi Eddie

Will this be the norm going forward post Covid.

Dave
I certainly think a return to the massed crosswalk 15 people wide surging up the road will not return, I think companies will review the way working from home worked and maybe make a move to shared spaces and universal laptop systems so you can just come in and dock to system when you need to be in office for a day. I can see the big guys who have sometimes 10 or more floors in the towers cutting them in half and changing the model. certainly they will still have some in person office days/meetings etc because there is value in that from a training and corporate culture and social context that keeps people engaged and happy. OTOH people have adapted to work from home and many love it. I am mixed I come in still (am in right now) but also work from home and like the lack of distraction at home for me
03-24-2021, 12:37 PM   #3993
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I certainly think a return to the massed crosswalk 15 people wide surging up the road will not return, I think companies will review the way working from home worked and maybe make a move to shared spaces and universal laptop systems so you can just come in and dock to system when you need to be in office for a day. I can see the big guys who have sometimes 10 or more floors in the towers cutting them in half and changing the model. certainly they will still have some in person office days/meetings etc because there is value in that from a training and corporate culture and social context that keeps people engaged and happy. OTOH people have adapted to work from home and many love it. I am mixed I come in still (am in right now) but also work from home and like the lack of distraction at home for me
Hi Eddie

I think the owners of the high rise office blocks will become a bit nervous of the future.The inner- city cafe scene would change aswell.

I myself do not work where working from home is an option.

Dave
03-24-2021, 04:01 PM   #3994
Veteran Member

Hi Eddie

I think the owners of the high rise office blocks will become a bit nervous of the future.The inner- city cafe scene would change aswell.

I myself do not work where working from home is an option.

Dave
I can manage a day or two but need to physically be there for some aspects of job .
This has already drastically affected the core businesses that rely on the office workers. Toronto has a whole underground system you can walk through called the path full of businesses that serve the workers above.you could avoid winter entirely if you lived in a connected building or a connected building along the subway .Starbucks just closed 25 locations in Toronto and 12 of this were in the business district (no loss IMO I hate their coffee)

03-24-2021, 04:17 PM   #3995
dbs
Pentaxian

Hi Eddie
Starbucks are in Aus , tried it once and yes there coffee choice is not for me either.

Dave
03-25-2021, 02:58 AM - 3 Likes   #3996
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Oregon road in front of our motel.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
FinePix S9000  Photo 
03-25-2021, 12:17 PM   #3997
Pentaxian

Hi Eddie
Starbucks are in Aus , tried it once and yes there coffee choice is not for me either.

Dave
I find it shocking on trips to US that many big hotels serve coffee in urns saying they “proudly serve Starbucks coffee” when a less enthusiastic expression would be much more appropriate.

03-25-2021, 02:57 PM - 2 Likes   #3998
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just up the road from home...
03-26-2021, 08:30 AM - 3 Likes   #3999
Veteran Member

I have posted variants on this spot I am sure. Eldon Garnett Art installation on Queen Street Bridge , Shot on Fuji GW690 Portra 400 F22 20 Seconds Scanned by processor (I will eventually do higher-res scan when I have access to the gallery I belong to that is closed due to Covid Restrictions)

03-27-2021, 11:02 AM - 2 Likes   #4000
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

An everyday view for me, this time with some unusual skies...
03-27-2021, 04:10 PM - 3 Likes   #4001
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

An interstate (=freeway) being the most conspicuous feature in this landscape.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-M10MarkII  Photo 
03-28-2021, 08:13 AM   #4002
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
An interstate (=freeway) being the most conspicuous feature in this landscape.
My goodness, you've recently been in a plane?
I can't imagine what that felt like.
03-28-2021, 09:39 AM   #4003
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Walking back from the lake a few yrs ago:
03-28-2021, 04:18 PM   #4004
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
My goodness, you've recently been in a plane?
I can't imagine what that felt like.
No flying this past year - not since October '19. That image is from years ago. Most, in fact all images taken from commercial airliners look awful OOC*, but I've gradually learned how to mash them with PP to make them look as I remember seeing the scene. Also, I no longer take a window seat. The osteoarthritis in my left knee really complains when I cannot stretch that leg for a prolonged time, so for the past few years I've always taken an aisle seat down the right side of the cabin so I can stretch that leg from time to time.

*Double scratched Plexiglas sheets, commonly with sun flair, and lots of haze through five + miles of atmosphere.
03-29-2021, 01:57 PM   #4005
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
No flying this past year - not since October '19. That image is from years ago. Most, in fact all images taken from commercial airliners look awful OOC*, but I've gradually learned how to mash them with PP to make them look as I remember seeing the scene. Also, I no longer take a window seat. The osteoarthritis in my left knee really complains when I cannot stretch that leg for a prolonged time, so for the past few years I've always taken an aisle seat down the right side of the cabin so I can stretch that leg from time to time.

*Double scratched Plexiglas sheets, commonly with sun flair, and lots of haze through five + miles of atmosphere.
I always try and get a seat in the same column but in my case it is because of a titanium plate and six screws in my knee.