Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8981 Likes Search this Thread
03-29-2021, 05:38 PM - 6 Likes   #4006
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
No flying this past year - not since October '19. That image is from years ago. Most, in fact all images taken from commercial airliners look awful OOC*, but I've gradually learned how to mash them with PP to make them look as I remember seeing the scene. Also, I no longer take a window seat. The osteoarthritis in my left knee really complains when I cannot stretch that leg for a prolonged time, so for the past few years I've always taken an aisle seat down the right side of the cabin so I can stretch that leg from time to time.

*Double scratched Plexiglas sheets, commonly with sun flair, and lots of haze through five + miles of atmosphere.
I know, and the new 787's also allow the crew to turn the window shades an unbelievable blue (during daylight hours!), but.... I have seen the pacific under moonlight and full starlight, erupting volcanoes in Kamchatka and Tonga, the top of thunderstorms in Chicago, and the Karakorum and Himalaya ranges to name a few. I've been very lucky, and do look forward to flying again. I do sympathize. For me it is my right knee. At present I still try to get the window, unless I am working on the laptop....

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
I always try and get a seat in the same column but in my case it is because of a titanium plate and six screws in my knee.
That'll do it.

---------- Post added 03-29-2021 at 08:48 PM ----------

On topic:

Northern Road
by Aaron, on Flickr

_DSF2549.jpg
by Aaron, on Flickr

Arrowhead toward Berlin
by Aaron, on Flickr

And one more in response:

Circuits
by Aaron, on Flickr

03-29-2021, 05:50 PM - 6 Likes   #4007
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Roads of Silver City Idaho
1) One of the two roads in, both entirely dirt, both about 20 miles, and both impassible in the winter months
2) One road leading into town, converted to B&W because I was looking into the sun and the colors were badly washed out
3) Central Silver City with the renovated hotel, where you can stay or have a meal. It is packed with fascinating antiques.
Silver City is on the Nat'l Register of Historic Places. All the buildings are privately owned, some by descendants of original townspeople who came when the town was established in 1870. All the buildings are from the 1800's, and all that we could see into are filled with wonderful American West antiques.
Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
E-M10MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M10MarkII  Photo 
03-30-2021, 12:04 PM   #4008
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Roads of Silver City Idaho
1) One of the two roads in, both entirely dirt, both about 20 miles, and both impassible in the winter months
2) One road leading into town, converted to B&W because I was looking into the sun and the colors were badly washed out
3) Central Silver City with the renovated hotel, where you can stay or have a meal. It is packed with fascinating antiques.
Silver City is on the Nat'l Register of Historic Places. All the buildings are privately owned, some by descendants of original townspeople who came when the town was established in 1870. All the buildings are from the 1800's, and all that we could see into are filled with wonderful American West antiques.
Looks like luxurious civilisation compared with Chloride Arizona.
04-01-2021, 07:49 PM - 2 Likes   #4009
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

left on Central...

04-02-2021, 05:58 AM - 3 Likes   #4010
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A road somewhere in Idaho that goes nowhere in particular in Idaho
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-M10MarkII  Photo 
04-03-2021, 09:36 AM - 2 Likes   #4011
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

local residential streets...
04-03-2021, 10:08 AM - 3 Likes   #4012
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Access road to a small dam and associated hydroelectric plant, also access to fishing and boat launch ramps.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-M10MarkII  Photo 
04-10-2021, 12:46 PM - 6 Likes   #4013
Pentaxian

Bridge Street, Chepstow, S.Wales

Within living memory, this was part of the main road from London to Cardiff.

K-1 DFA 24-70mm

04-10-2021, 01:32 PM - 3 Likes   #4014
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Along the road, Grapevine TX:
04-12-2021, 06:06 PM   #4015
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

04-13-2021, 11:48 PM - 5 Likes   #4016
Pentaxian

Two streets in Groningen, the city where I work and went to last week for the first time in half a year or so. It was eerie to see it this empty.

04-14-2021, 04:37 AM   #4017
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by HoutHans Quote
Two streets in Groningen, the city where I work and went to last week for the first time in half a year or so. It was eerie to see it this empty.
Definitely looks post-apocalyptic. Those images remind me of the city views in On The Beach. which I think were shot by special permission during a massive national air-raid drill shut down. If you're not familiar with that film, it's about a submarine crew searching for anyone left alive on land after a massive nuclear cloud circles the planet and as they eventually discover, has killed every living thing. They are the sole survivors, having been protected from the radiation deep under water.
04-14-2021, 11:23 PM   #4018
Pentaxian

Yes, it is really awkward, especially since Groningen is a student city, so there are basically always young people on the streets; the bikes are a good reminder of the presence of students, though.
04-15-2021, 01:34 AM - 3 Likes   #4019
Inactive Account

K3 DA21 smc for everything but the moon.
I photoshop in the moon because there were a moon at that spot but as you know moon from DA21 looks just like a large hot-pixel! So I use M135 to capture the moon and photoshop does the rest.
by the way, I use a black-mist filter too.

04-15-2021, 06:09 PM - 7 Likes   #4020
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Inviting road through Mountain Ash forest, South Gippsland, Victoria. KP + DA 15 Ltd.

(X-posted from 15 Ltd controls my mind)