Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Heading out on the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway Bridge, near New Orleans. Touted as the longest bridge over water in the world at 24 miles in length.

12-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Heading out on the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway Bridge, near New Orleans. Touted as the longest bridge over water in the world at 24 miles in length.
Nice work Paul, I see you took the easy way of shooting while driving rather than getting out of the car I'd hate to be out there in a storm.
12-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #63
Inactive Account

Buffalo Herd Overlook

This is 1-70 West in Colorado. To the left of the highway you can view descendents of 7 of the remaining wild animals found in Yellowstone National Park in 1914. You can also take in this excellent view of the Rockies.
12-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Nice work Paul, I see you took the easy way of shooting while driving rather than getting out of the car I'd hate to be out there in a storm.
Thanks Tom. There's really no place to get out of the car even if you wanted to. There's no shoulder, only occasional DOT emergency turnarounds every few miles. They do have call boxes on the bridge. The road is nearly at water level, so yeah, it would not an optimal location during a storm!

12-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In the Black Hills of South Dakota

Bighorn Mountains in Wyoming

Bighorn Mountains in Wyoming
12-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TheJeremyNix Quote
Buffalo Herd Overlook
Nice photo! I live quite near I-70 but never noticed that spot--and it's only 1,700miles down the road.
12-02-2012, 09:48 PM - 2 Likes   #67
Veteran Member

While this looks like a hiking trail, which is what we use it for now, it is actually called a tram road which is a bed from an old small rail line. This is from back in the logging days in the early 1900's here in northern Pennsylvania. It parallels the river the whole distance of our property - I keep it maintained as it makes a perfect walking trail.

Last edited by photolady95; 04-17-2016 at 02:08 AM.
12-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #68
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Nice photo! I live quite near I-70 but never noticed that spot--and it's only 1,700miles down the road.
Thank you sir! That is an impressive list of lenses on your signature.
12-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #69
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
While this looks like a hiking trail, which is what we use it for now, it is actually called a tram road which is a bed from an old small rail line. This is from back in the logging days in the early 1900's here in northern Pennsylvania. It parallels the river the whole distance of our property - I keep it maintained as it makes a perfect walking trail.
That is an awesome thing to have on your property, I'm glad you are preserving history!
12-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Autumn:

Winter:

12-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Autumn:

Winter:

I like the barn pics in the different seasons - I hope you will add to the collection with a spring and summer version.

You've reminded me of something I've wanted to do for some time - take a couple different shots around my property that I take the exact same shots at different times of the year for comparison. I think it will be neat to see how the different season look. As a matter of fact, I think I will start this little project in January - a good New Year resolution!
12-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #72
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TheJeremyNix Quote
That is an impressive list of lenses on your signature.
In my case, the only cure for LBA was to buy everything.
12-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #73
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
In my case, the only cure for LBA was to buy everything.
I do remember that crazy phase...
12-03-2012, 09:44 PM - 1 Like   #74
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

12-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #75
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I like the barn pics in the different seasons - I hope you will add to the collection with a spring and summer version.

You've reminded me of something I've wanted to do for some time - take a couple different shots around my property that I take the exact same shots at different times of the year for comparison. I think it will be neat to see how the different season look. As a matter of fact, I think I will start this little project in January - a good New Year resolution!
I've got to do that too, same lens same spot. Maybe need to carry a little paint to mark a permanent spot if possible. This one wasn't really intended that way, different focal lengths.

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
This is the end, the very end
Really a unique perspective!