Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2019, 11:06 AM   #2491
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
Hanging out at the Elmwood Shopping Center, off Rte. 70 Eastbound, Evesham Twp., NJ--Some of the biggest damn birds I've ever seen
Turkeys?

Birds of prey?

Nah.

Just big chickens.

02-16-2019, 11:11 AM   #2492
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
Just after a recent "snowstorm" in New Baltimore, Virginia. (Mid-Atlantic, humid subtropical climate - people around here don't know what a real "snowstorm" is.)
I lived in Norfolk and Chesapeake Bay in the early to mid 1960's. We got huge dumps of snow, a foot or more. The neighbors behind my folks house in Chesapeake Bay were a young couple. The decided to build a life sized nude woman from the snow. They spent an entire day sculpting it.

It was accurate in nearly every detail.

Mom forbid my little sister and I to play in the back yard.

Can't imagine why.
02-16-2019, 12:36 PM - 2 Likes   #2493
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I lived in Norfolk and Chesapeake Bay in the early to mid 1960's. We got huge dumps of snow, a foot or more. The neighbors behind my folks house in Chesapeake Bay were a young couple. The decided to build a life sized nude woman from the snow. They spent an entire day sculpting it.

It was accurate in nearly every detail.

Mom forbid my little sister and I to play in the back yard.

Can't imagine why.
Because if God had meant children to know what people looked like naked, they wouldn't be born wearing Pampers or Nappies.
02-16-2019, 12:37 PM - 2 Likes   #2494
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Prague

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
02-16-2019, 12:43 PM - 1 Like   #2495
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Turkeys?

Birds of prey?

Nah.

Just big chickens.

LMAO: I am such a city slicker, they looked menacing tp me....and what the hell were they doing on a median?
02-16-2019, 02:42 PM - 1 Like   #2496
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

LMAO: I am such a city slicker, they looked menacing tp me....and what the hell were they doing on a median?
Surely driving in an urban area you know there are always a few turkeys on the road.
02-16-2019, 06:13 PM - 6 Likes   #2497
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Long and multi exposure in front of a road...
Ricoh has been on green mode ... I mean earth saving mode for as long as I can remember here. They don't turn on advertising sign on the logo at the top of the building. I have to boost up light and color/saturation on the Ricoh logo in post otherwise it is the darkest corner of Ginza. I saw older photo on internet when they light it up, it's beeeeeautiiiiiful. And the K1 + 360 camera large print ad on the left and right has also been there for ages too, they hardly ever change it!!! and no KP or whatever new camera ad? I can say, this is one of the best corner to snap a photo in Ginza from street level and Ginza is on every guide book to Japan. come on Ricoh do some more update on your ads. You are at the center of the most expensive corner of Tokyo... well, whatever.

Last edited by tokyoscape; 02-16-2019 at 06:32 PM.
02-16-2019, 06:17 PM - 3 Likes   #2498
Pentaxian

Surry County, NC, US leading to the Blue Ridge Parkway, between showers. KP, DA 15
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
02-16-2019, 06:42 PM - 3 Likes   #2499
Pentaxian

Low water bridge, Little River, Grayson County, Virginia, US
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
02-16-2019, 07:09 PM   #2500
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hanging out at the Elmwood Shopping Center, off Rte. 70 Eastbound, Evesham Twp., NJ--Some of the biggest damn birds I've ever seen
Those appear to be wild turkeys, birds of prey if we are counting invertebrates and rather small lizards and mammals, of course. They can get quite large and will threaten people who they think are encroaching on their flock, sometimes.
02-16-2019, 07:43 PM - 1 Like   #2501
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoscape Quote
Ricoh has been on green mode ...
Meanwhile the Ricoh Colosseum, a hockey venue in Toronto and very visible at Exhibition Place on the main highway along the lakeshore, has now become the Coca-Cola Colosseum. Ah well....
02-16-2019, 09:35 PM   #2502
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
Those appear to be wild turkeys, birds of prey if we are counting invertebrates and rather small lizards and mammals, of course. They can get quite large and will threaten people who they think are encroaching on their flock, sometimes.
My neighbor said these were vultures...one was eating a dead squirrel in the street the other was on my mail box waiting for his/her share...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone SE  Photo 
02-16-2019, 10:25 PM - 4 Likes   #2503
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Street in Havana.

02-17-2019, 05:49 AM - 1 Like   #2504
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Because if God had meant children to know what people looked like naked, they wouldn't be born wearing Pampers or Nappies.
LOL

We go out of this life the same way we come in.

With nothing more than our birthday suit.

My kid brother was born in 1965. They didn't have disposable diapers then, only cotton. I was 10, my younger sister 9. Dad made us take on responsibilities helping out around the house, including changing diapers on our new baby brother.

Cotton diapers get cleaned and reused. When the soiled diaper is removed it is rinsed out in the toilet before placing it in the diaper bucket to await laundering. My younger sister didn't like changing diapers so to try and get out of the chore she would let the diaper go rather than holding the corner while rinsing in the commode.

Of course they always got stuck, clogging the bowl.

Mom got mad as she had to fish the diaper from the toilet.

My little sister finally got relieved of diaper duty.

I accepted it as another step of growing up.
02-17-2019, 05:50 AM   #2505
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Scratching for bugs and worms I suppose.