Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2021, 10:42 AM - 3 Likes   #4321
Pentaxian

10-10-2021, 04:23 PM - 2 Likes   #4322
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The road looks pretty wide where I parked the rental car (otherwise I would not have stopped), but ahead it goes around a blind curve and is just barely wide enough for two vehicles to pass going opposite directions. Notice the chain-link on the cliff at the right. We regularly encountered fist-size rocks along this road. Maui
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DC-G9  Photo 
10-11-2021, 10:22 AM   #4323
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At the corner -

10-12-2021, 03:59 AM - 1 Like   #4324
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This image has been sitting in the RTP folder too long, so I'll post it here. A road to and into the sea, or at least into an inlet-bay-fjord-harbor-estuary. Where is my aqua-car that is reinvented every decade or thereabouts?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DC-G9  Photo 
10-12-2021, 11:46 AM - 2 Likes   #4325
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
2nd Ave. New Hyde Park. Pentax-110 70/2.8

Walked to the shop to pick up my car... it is that subaru slanted in the middle of the road...
10-12-2021, 01:10 PM   #4326
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
Walked to the shop to pick up my car... it is that subaru slanted in the middle of the road...

Fellow Subaru driver. I'm on my second Forester (214k on the first one, about 135k so far on this one). A couple years back M picked an Impreza among multiple options from other manufacturers that we inspected or test drove.
10-12-2021, 01:24 PM   #4327
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
A couple years back M picked an Impreza among multiple options from other manufacturers that we inspected or test drove.
I was between an Impreza and this one (Legacy) both used and 2013.

I do not look back. Great vehicle, albeit it lacks technology re infotanment..

10-12-2021, 03:00 PM - 1 Like   #4328
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I was between an Impreza and this one (Legacy) both used and 2013.

I do not look back. Great vehicle, albeit it lacks technology re infotanment..
I had a Legacy as a loaner once from the dealer while a time-consuming repair was done. It's bigger and more Luxurious by a margin than the relatively bargain Impreza.
10-12-2021, 09:05 PM   #4329
Pentaxian

I had a Legacy as a loaner once from the dealer while a time-consuming repair was done. It's bigger and more Luxurious by a margin than the relatively bargain Impreza.
For the 2013's an ao.... the legacy is not only "Bigger", but also higher off the ground - I loved this the most.
10-13-2021, 03:57 AM   #4330
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For the 2013's an ao.... the legacy is not only "Bigger", but also higher off the ground - I loved this the most.
What M does not like about her Impressa is the low ground clearance and low-profile tires. In retrospect she would have been better with a Crosstrek. Some of the places where we walk daily have rough unpaved parking areas, or "roads" into them, with big rocks and sometimes a significant down-then-up to get back onto a paved road. My Forester has no problem - the Impressa under body and rocker panels will hit things, disturbingly.
10-13-2021, 06:46 AM   #4331
Pentaxian

What M does not like about her Impressa is the low ground clearance and low-profile tires. In retrospect she would have been better with a Crosstrek. Some of the places where we walk daily have rough unpaved parking areas, or "roads" into them, with big rocks and sometimes a significant down-then-up to get back onto a paved road. My Forester has no problem - the Impressa under body and rocker panels will hit things, disturbingly.
This... yep.

The Subbie is the wife's car, and she likes it... but she does not stop chatting about when we're changing it for a Crosstrek...
10-13-2021, 08:31 AM   #4332
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We gave the old 2004 Forester XT to my son and bought a new Crosstrek last year. Great little car! I would have preferred the larger engine they now offer but this was the year before that was available. I could see trading up one day if they make a turbo version although my wife doesn't care much about that. I like it for all the passes we drive. The Crosstrek does pretty well on the mild and mid 4x4 roads which comes in handy regularly.
10-13-2021, 08:32 AM - 8 Likes   #4333
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The road home (Ohio Pass road)
645D & FA 80-160
10-13-2021, 09:36 AM - 1 Like   #4334
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Fellow Subaru driver. I'm on my second Forester (214k on the first one, about 135k so far on this one). A couple years back M picked an Impreza among multiple options from other manufacturers that we inspected or test drove.
Oh, when will Subaru bring back the Baja?? That was an all-around great vehicle.
My son still has one.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
EX-Z80  Photo 

Last edited by Geodude; 10-13-2021 at 09:52 AM.
10-13-2021, 10:38 AM   #4335
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
We gave the old 2004 Forester XT to my son and bought a new Crosstrek last year. Great little car! I would have preferred the larger engine they now offer but this was the year before that was available. I could see trading up one day if they make a turbo version although my wife doesn't care much about that. I like it for all the passes we drive. The Crosstrek does pretty well on the mild and mid 4x4 roads which comes in handy regularly.
VAV the Crosstrek and also the Nissan Kicks we had as a rental on Molokai, there is something to be said for small, light and nimble rather than big and powerful but lumbering. Also, a small turning circle is always welcome. I would quickly admit that sometimes a draft horse is better than a pony.